or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic UT50 Series Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic UT50 Series Discussion Thread - Page 71

post #2101 of 2596
Does anyone know if the UT50 series has a headphone jack?
I can't find one.
post #2102 of 2596
Help!

I did a quick search but the answers didn't pop out so I am posting...

I just installed a P55UT50. So far all I've hooked up is an old DVD player and the network. The unit shipped with the current firmware.

This is the only device on the network, which provides a 20MB+ connection to the internet. When viewing Netflix, the screen will occasionally "blink" to black. And, the audio does not sync to the video (dialogue preceeds moving lips).

I don't have the same issues when streaming wirelessly to my laptop.

Has anyone else seen this?

Also... my component inputs done't seem to work (but this *may* also be a problem with the DVD player). One issue at a time, though...

Anyone else see problems streaming netflix?

-Mike
post #2103 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahr View Post

Help!

I did a quick search but the answers didn't pop out so I am posting...

I just installed a P55UT50. So far all I've hooked up is an old DVD player and the network. The unit shipped with the current firmware.

This is the only device on the network, which provides a 20MB+ connection to the internet. When viewing Netflix, the screen will occasionally "blink" to black. And, the audio does not sync to the video (dialogue preceeds moving lips).

I don't have the same issues when streaming wirelessly to my laptop.

Has anyone else seen this?

Also... my component inputs done't seem to work (but this *may* also be a problem with the DVD player). One issue at a time, though...

Anyone else see problems streaming netflix?

-Mike

If you mean a 1 frame blink, I noticed that when testing the Netflix app. I belief it's switching qualities. If you have a stable connection, this should only happen towards the beginning of the video as it adjusts to your connection speed. The PS3 app doesn't blink when switching quality, so I will probably use that instead. Not sure about the sync. I didn't look too closely at that.
post #2104 of 2596
The blinking is pretty fast.. faster than when I see quality settings change on an Xbox360 or on my laptop. The syncrhonizing with audio is a real real annoyance.

I just tested Hulu Plus (free parts) and the audio and video sync up.

Happily, I solved the component video input issue by looking more closely at the input menu.
Edited by mbahr - 2/17/13 at 3:49pm
post #2105 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahr View Post

The blinking is pretty fast.. faster than when I see quality settings change on an Xbox360 or on my laptop. The syncrhonizing with audio is a real real annoyance.

Happily, I solved the component video input issue by looking more closely at the input menu.

Oh yeah I believe it's set to composite by default.
post #2106 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blood View Post

Does anyone know if the UT50 series has a headphone jack?
I can't find one.




Doesn't anyone know?
post #2107 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blood View Post

Doesn't anyone know?

Pretty sure there's no headphone jack, saw it mentioned in a review.

Does anyone know why I can't see any difference when I select Off/Graphics/Photo in the HDMI settings menu? Either it's very subtle or it's not doing anything.
post #2108 of 2596
There's no headphone jack. Only an optical line-out restricted to 2.1.
post #2109 of 2596
Thanks guys.
post #2110 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarmintCong View Post

Pretty sure there's no headphone jack, saw it mentioned in a review.

Does anyone know why I can't see any difference when I select Off/Graphics/Photo in the HDMI settings menu? Either it's very subtle or it's not doing anything.

You won't see a difference if your picture mode is set to CINEMA. It only works for VIVID, STANDARD, GAME & CUSTOM picture modes.

LB
post #2111 of 2596
Hi all,
on the motion smoother, the extreme artifacts it adds? I don't see any, what content does this show up in? I've tried a few movies and see nothing so far on my TV. It just stops the stuttering in the motion and does a good job so far, that I can see.

I sit ~5feet from my tv and don't see it at all so far, either I have a good board in mine and all who see extreme artifacts has bad defective boards or ?????
post #2112 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing Buddha View Post

You won't see a difference if your picture mode is set to CINEMA. It only works for VIVID, STANDARD, GAME & CUSTOM picture modes.

LB

Ah, thanks man. I thought I read anikun's settings were GRAPHIC mode and Cinema, but I was wrong.
post #2113 of 2596
Not sure which forum to put this under so here goes...


I'm a newbie here and just recently picked up my tcp50ut50. I am currently in the breaking in perios, however....when I run the white scrol bar I notice some fairly faint green tinge (blob?) in the lower middle of my screen...rising up a good 4 inches.... This green is very hard to notice during regular viewing and does not show up during still slides (any colour) - it really (so far) is only noticeable with the white MOVING scroll bar. I have contacted Future Shop and they will exchange it for me. Am I over reacting in getting this exchanged? Should I be happy that this green discolouration is 'hardly' noticeable - in other words, every tv has their own ticks and I should just be happy its not major??

Thank you in advanced!
post #2114 of 2596
I've narrowed down the problem with netflix. Support said to change the DNS settings, which had no impact. What I see is that the audio / video sync issue is really bad on some titles, and not evident on others. For instance on "happy gilmore" it is really annoying, and on "crazy on the outside" it is enough to make me stop watching after four minutes. The audio and video are completely out of sync. Completely.

But, on other content, like "sons of guns" and content produced by nova or national geographic, it is fine.

It is also fine when watching WSJ or Hulu Plus (free content for each).

I suspect this is a problem with the netflix app running out of CPU cycles to properly render everything on complicated content. Also... I am using the internal speakers and listening in stereo.... so the set may be doing some audio conversation on movie content.

I am using current firmware (I think it said 1.23).

Anyone else seeing this or able to confirm this is happening on their sets?

-Mike
post #2115 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahr View Post

I've narrowed down the problem with netflix. Support said to change the DNS settings, which had no impact. What I see is that the audio / video sync issue is really bad on some titles, and not evident on others. For instance on "happy gilmore" it is really annoying, and on "crazy on the outside" it is enough to make me stop watching after four minutes. The audio and video are completely out of sync.

I just tested "Crazy on the Outside" via the UT50's Netflix app and have no audio video sync issues. My internet is 30Mbps down 10Mbps up and my television is wired to the router. I'm wish I had a solution for you.

Good luck
LB
post #2116 of 2596
Does anyone have or not have VUDU on their UT50? I don't have it in my Internet Apps, but I saw that the 60" and the 42" are listed as supported, but why the 50" and 55" weren't listed, I don't know.
post #2117 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

Does anyone have or not have VUDU on their UT50? I don't have it in my Internet Apps, but I saw that the 60" and the 42" are listed as supported, but why the 50" and 55" weren't listed, I don't know.

I have VUDU on my 50" UT50. JT
post #2118 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

I have VUDU on my 50" UT50. JT

Do you click internet on the remote and then you see it on one of the pages? Many spots on my grids are just gray and don't load anything.
post #2119 of 2596
You have to download the VUDU app. Click INTERNET, use arrow keys to highlight VIERA Connect Market, search for it under Video & Movie, it's the next to last (bottom) right cool.gif
post #2120 of 2596
I think I went to the viera market and added it from there. I just went to the market from the Internet button on the remote and it was there. I know we have active the app on the Internet to get it to work.. JT
post #2121 of 2596
Hey LB,

Thanks so much for checking. What firmware are you using?

I wonder what the issue is I'm seeing... very odd. I'm working with Panasonic customer service. So far they have just stepped me through resetting the TV and verifying it is doing it in "out of the box" condition. I ran "Crazy on the outside" and verified it is still doing it tonight. I have no trouble from viewing the same content on my xbox or laptop, which is what makes me think this is just a problem with the netflix app.

I'll report back whatever happens.
post #2122 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

You have to download the VUDU app. Click INTERNET, use arrow keys to highlight VIERA Connect Market, search for it under Video & Movie, it's the next to last (bottom) right cool.gif

THANKS!! I never would have guess that! smile.gif
post #2123 of 2596
well, that wasn't meant for YOU; and was posted at the risk of insulting his intel wink.gif which was NOT my intent
post #2124 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahr View Post

Hey LB,

Thanks so much for checking. What firmware are you using?

I wonder what the issue is I'm seeing... very odd. I'm working with Panasonic customer service. So far they have just stepped me through resetting the TV and verifying it is doing it in "out of the box" condition. I ran "Crazy on the outside" and verified it is still doing it tonight. I have no trouble from viewing the same content on my xbox or laptop, which is what makes me think this is just a problem with the netflix app.

I'll report back whatever happens.

My TV has firmware version 1.230.
post #2125 of 2596
If I'm not using any of the "smart" functions on my UT50, should I bother worrying about upgrading my firmware? Will I notice any PQ improvements if I do? I so far haven't bothered to even hook it up to my network.
post #2126 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoPanza View Post

well, that wasn't meant for YOU; and was posted at the risk of insulting his intel wink.gif which was NOT my intent

Well, I can calibrate but when it comes to "Apps" and adding custom icons and all that I don't even realize it's part of the software. wink.gif I expected it to be like my Sony BDP and just have all hundred and one (yes, an exaggeration, but probably not by much) services preloaded. I think I've had enough of the lip sync issues and software crashes of HTPC blu ray playback. I'll probably get a Sony S590 to take over the job of main disc player. Since I'm familiar with the 580 that got moved to the bedroom I'll know everything that needs to be done right out of the box. biggrin.gif Then I will have to re-calibrate to correct anything the player might be doing. But it's all fun and games. I love this hobby, don't you?biggrin.gif
post #2127 of 2596
yeah, loading APPS I'll prolly (Southern for probably) never use; got s s%^$load of 'em on my LG 3D BRP, too biggrin.gif

if I ever cut the cable off, I may use some eek.gif
post #2128 of 2596
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwar View Post

Not sure which forum to put this under so here goes...


I'm a newbie here and just recently picked up my tcp50ut50. I am currently in the breaking in perios, however....when I run the white scrol bar I notice some fairly faint green tinge (blob?) in the lower middle of my screen...rising up a good 4 inches.... This green is very hard to notice during regular viewing and does not show up during still slides (any colour) - it really (so far) is only noticeable with the white MOVING scroll bar. I have contacted Future Shop and they will exchange it for me. Am I over reacting in getting this exchanged? Should I be happy that this green discolouration is 'hardly' noticeable - in other words, every tv has their own ticks and I should just be happy its not major??

Thank you in advanced!

I had this same green blob... went away totally after 200 hours or so if I remember right. I'm on about 1250 hours now with mine. Just keep it away from logos and static images for the first 200-300 hours... is all I will say.

Edit: Actually... I think it was really only 80 hours or so when I noticed it was gone.
Edited by damag0r - 2/20/13 at 9:05pm
post #2129 of 2596
Quick question, would you get rid of a Samsung PN59D550 for a 55UT50? My buddy wants my tv and I actually don't mind downsizing as I sit 9-10ft away from my tv. I guess my question is, is the picture gonna be better than what I have now. Nothing will come out of my pocket as I can get the 55UT50 at Costco for $699 til the 24th. Thanks for any input.
post #2130 of 2596
Ok I just replaced a Samsung 60E550 for the 60UT50 and WOW!!! I have no regrets. I am in love with this tv and was a big Samsung fan until now. I like Samsung LED tvs but as far as plasma goes I'm sorry but Panasonic crushes them on black level and picture quality in my opinion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic UT50 Series Discussion Thread