or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › The Merrimont trace Theater has begun
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Merrimont trace Theater has begun - Page 15

post #421 of 538
post #422 of 538
Screen even comes with a cat I see.
post #423 of 538
And a bag
post #424 of 538
Bill is in; I just need to let him know what day(s)
post #425 of 538
Thread Starter 
Was great Having Jeff/Big out at the house again helping hang the projector.. i am glad to finally be at this point but of coarse there is still more to do .

my first impression on the panny is i love it ..setting up lens memory seemed hard at first but once i did what no man ever does which is read the directions it took no time and now goes from 16:9 to 235 flawlessly
very very happy.

thank you again Jeff
post #426 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

Was great Having Jeff/Big out at the house again helping hang the projector.. i am glad to finally be at this point but of coarse there is still more to do .

my first impression on the panny is i love it ..setting up lens memory seemed hard at first but once i did what no man ever does which is read the directions it took no time and now goes from 16:9 to 235 flawlessly
very very happy.

thank you again Jeff

Just remember all the steps for when you set mine up....
post #427 of 538
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGIANTSFAN23 View Post

Just remember all the steps for when you set mine up....

I dont think you have any worries, Jeff pulled out his calculator/Ipad did some calculations, we marked where the projector would go drilled a a few holes hung it leveled it and that was pretty much it. Was not as hard as thought it would be but it was having the resident expert there took away all the worries and concerns. For those that have worked with Jeff already know that he is a excellent Teacher/Instructor. He is not one those the guys that doesn't just takes charge and does all the work , he actually explains why we are doing what we are doing and lets you get your hands dirty. I can safely say i know fully understand the process of hanging a projector Correctly. I know it just a box hanging on a pole but there is allot of room to make a mistake. I read plenty of post on people having problems with setting up the lens memory and for me it was so easy and i attribute that to Jeff's calculations.
post #428 of 538
Congratulations. The PJ looks great mounted. I am especially happy to hear of another AVS member going with the Panny 8000. As you know, I have not purchased mine yet but am getting VERY close. I am on the fence between the Panny 8000 and the Epson 5020. Each week I am starting to lean harder and harder back towards the Panny 8K though. biggrin.gif

So, I have to ask. Are you happy with the performance of the Panny or is the jury still out???
post #429 of 538
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post

Congratulations. The PJ looks great mounted. I am especially happy to hear of another AVS member going with the Panny 8000. As you know, I have not purchased mine yet but am getting VERY close. I am on the fence between the Panny 8000 and the Epson 5020. Each week I am starting to lean harder and harder back towards the Panny 8K though. biggrin.gif

So, I have to ask. Are you happy with the performance of the Panny or is the jury still out???


So far yes very happy with it ..... i have only watched two movies so far .... i love the lens memory function since i have set it up i have not had to make any adjustments at all
i think i will get one of those darbee's just because i have seen them used in two other theaters so far and really liked them.
post #430 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post

Congratulations. The PJ looks great mounted. I am especially happy to hear of another AVS member going with the Panny 8000. As you know, I have not purchased mine yet but am getting VERY close. I am on the fence between the Panny 8000 and the Epson 5020. Each week I am starting to lean harder and harder back towards the Panny 8K though. biggrin.gif

So, I have to ask. Are you happy with the performance of the Panny or is the jury still out???


So far yes very happy with it ..... i have only watched two movies so far .... i love the lens memory function since i have set it up i have not had to make any adjustments at all
i think i will get one of those darbee's just because i have seen them used in two other theaters so far and really liked them.

My dad is going back and forth between the Panny and Epson. His oldschool infocus 7210 finally died on him after all these years and he is ready. How bright is the Panny real world compared to what else you have seen ?
post #431 of 538
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

My dad is going back and forth between the Panny and Epson. His oldschool infocus 7210 finally died on him after all these years and he is ready. How bright is the Panny real world compared to what else you have seen ?

i have not seen an epson in action, the panny in real world is a light cannon, very bright, my theater is open concept and at night when it is pitch dark and panny is on it lights up most of the basement for sure.
the only things i can compare it to is to a JVC and a sony in the bacon race, all of which looked awesome in there respective rooms. i would have to put them in my space to give far comparison.
If bright is important to your dad he will not be disappointed in the panny.
post #432 of 538
Thread Starter 
Front of Seats have been Ordered From Roman, super nice Guy and responds to emails very fast.

still need to decide what seats i will do for the back row, i don't have enough room for recliners so will be doing a Row of 4 rocker style movie theater seats.
post #433 of 538
Thread Starter 
well even though the seats will not arrive until friday we decided what the heck grabbed a few chairs through them up the riser and tossed in a blue ray "Hansel and Gretel"
the movie was silly but the sound track was great and the cinematography was very good... i had to go back after it was done and take some pics. smile.gif


post #434 of 538
Thread Starter 
Front Row of seats arrived this morning Roman was great to work with shipment was super fast had them in 2 days smile.gif



post #435 of 538
Let the fun begin!!!

Seats look great.
post #436 of 538
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcascio View Post

Let the fun begin!!!

Seats look great.


Thanks ... still need to decide what kind of theater style seats to get for the back row hopefully will have my mind made next week.. smile.gif
post #437 of 538
Thread Starter 
how many Theater owners out there made your setup "wife" friendly? I had to work today and the my wife wanted to watch a movie with a friend today so i had to give a tutorial last night on how turn everything on.
1: remove lens cap from projector
2: use the harmony remote remote and choose watch dvd
3: open blue ray player and insert blu ray
4: push play
5: brag to your friend that awesome husband built this dang thing and he is just awesome with his hands eek.gif

let me ad that my wife forgets where she leaves her phone on a regular basis so i was so thinking i was a getting a "ah honey" call for sure. smile.gif
post #438 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

how many Theater owners out there made your setup "wife" friendly? I had to work today and the my wife wanted to watch a movie with a friend today so i had to give a tutorial last night on how turn everything on.
1: remove lens cap from projector
2: use the harmony remote remote and choose watch dvd
3: open blue ray player and insert blu ray
4: push play
5: brag to your friend that awesome husband built this dang thing and he is just awesome with his hands eek.gif

let me ad that my wife forgets where she leaves her phone on a regular basis so i was so thinking i was a getting a "ah honey" call for sure. smile.gif


No tutorials here, I don't touch her toys and no touching mine! If she wants to use the theater then I must set it up for her, better for my nerves. After 43 years married we do know our limitations.tongue.gif
post #439 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

Thanks ... still need to decide what kind of theater style seats to get for the back row hopefully will have my mind made next week.. smile.gif




Why not the same as the front row?i
post #440 of 538
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

Why not the same as the front row?i

i wish i could but the room is was not big enough to hold two full rows of recliners so back row has to be theater style rocker chairs.
post #441 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

i wish i could but the room is was not big enough to hold two full rows of recliners so back row has to be theater style rocker chairs.


Your home theater is really a work of decorating art. Anyone would certainly enjoy it and I'm sure the room sounds fantastic . Great work!
post #442 of 538
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

Your home theater is really a work of decorating art. Anyone would certainly enjoy it and I'm sure the room sounds fantastic . Great work!

Thanks.. so far we are enjoying it still need to finish up the bar area... but the bar area looks great to with the lights off biggrin.gif
post #443 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

how many Theater owners out there made your setup "wife" friendly? I had to work today and the my wife wanted to watch a movie with a friend today so i had to give a tutorial last night on how turn everything on.
1: remove lens cap from projector
2: use the harmony remote remote and choose watch dvd
3: open blue ray player and insert blu ray
4: push play
5: brag to your friend that awesome husband built this dang thing and he is just awesome with his hands eek.gif

let me ad that my wife forgets where she leaves her phone on a regular basis so i was so thinking i was a getting a "ah honey" call for sure. smile.gif

Snickers1.

You should have no problem automating everything from your Cinemar system except for the Lens cap removal. smile.gif

Although you could build a wizard to walk here through it.
post #444 of 538
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcascio View Post

Snickers1.

You should have no problem automating everything from your Cinemar system except for the Lens cap removal. smile.gif

Although you could build a wizard to walk here through it.

that is to my to do list for sure ... thanks again for the help with the zwave switches the other week smile.gif
post #445 of 538
Thread Starter 
See work has not stopped just because the projector and screen are up

started wiring up the Equipment rack , so far have a blue ray player in and the receiver and amp in
the middle atlantic rack is nice but the cost of the custom shelves is tad ridiculous,
I still have order a my dune player from Cinemar **thanks Mario for all your help.
also need to get Verizon to send me out another cable box/DVR

I will be using Cinemar for automating most things in the theater/basement but the equipment rack is way over in the bar area so looking for some thoughts
on what remotes would work well for controlling normal functions .. i currently have a harmony 1100 but not sure which IR device i could use with it. sticking my hand behind my head and pointing to the back of the room just isn't going to cut it


post #446 of 538
Beautiful room Rich! It's really coming along! smile.gif

As for remote, your Harmony should have a RF->IR base station, no? My 900 comes with it. And you could get some 2.5mm->3.5mm mono audio cable and some IR emitter (I use a 6 eyes one) to extend the Harmony's IR power. So instead of having the base station "pointing" to the devices, you hide the base station at the back of the rack and will have a physical IR emitter connected to each devices. That way, you don't need line of sight and you won't see the RF-IR base station neither. Everything will be controlled at your seat. That's what I do in my HT.
post #447 of 538
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

Beautiful room Rich! It's really coming along! smile.gif

As for remote, your Harmony should have a RF->IR base station, no? My 900 comes with it. And you could get some 2.5mm->3.5mm mono audio cable and some IR emitter (I use a 6 eyes one) to extend the Harmony's IR power. So instead of having the base station "pointing" to the devices, you hide the base station at the back of the rack and will have a physical IR emitter connected to each devices. That way, you don't need line of sight and you won't see the RF-IR base station neither. Everything will be controlled at your seat. That's what I do in my HT.

1100 does not come with one frown.gif so not sure if i can use the same on that the 900 comes with it or have to get a IR device that will work with it
post #448 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

1100 does not come with one frown.gif so not sure if i can use the same on that the 900 comes with it or have to get a IR device that will work with it
I think Logitech sell the RF station separately, and you could find one from eBay I believe.

EDIT:
Here you go. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Logitech+RF+Extender+for+Harmony+Remote+1100+and+Harmony+Remote+1100&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XLogitech+RF+Extender+for+Harmony+Remote+1100&_nkw=Logitech+RF+Extender+for+Harmony+Remote+1100&_sacat=0
Edited by landshark1 - 6/30/13 at 8:53am
post #449 of 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

carpet guys where here for over 10 hours installing all carpet ... they would of been done sooner but the one big seem would not line up so it took two hours just to seem it correctly ... when they forst started they thought the carpet was beautiful by the time they left i think they where calling it lots of four letter words in spanish

DSC_0843_zps26649d1c.jpg

Haha, that picture makes me think of this: (I guess it's the "raw" speakers and blue color)

post #450 of 538
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post

Haha, that picture makes me think of this: (I guess it's the "raw" speakers and blue color)



if what happens in the next few minutes of that scene happens to me i will be crying but will be sure to share the picture once i wipe the tears away smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › Dedicated Theater Design & Construction › The Merrimont trace Theater has begun