or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp LC-90LE745U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] d
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp LC-90LE745U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] d - Page 15

post #421 of 1357
Damn! We missed him.. he's now offline...rolleyes.gif

Oh well, I guess I'd be offline too if I had one...tongue.gif
post #422 of 1357
Shouldn't this discussion, now that the set is available and being purchased by members, be in the Official Owners thread? Seems to me this Discussion thread makes it more difficult than it needs to be to find the correct thread for people now looking for owner specific info....JMO
post #423 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

ive said it before and I will say it again............posts from owners without pics are USELESS smile.gif

Not useless to me! I know what it looks like. I want to hear experiences of owners.
post #424 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by FltTester View Post

Shouldn't this discussion, now that the set is available and being purchased by members, be in the Official Owners thread? Seems to me this Discussion thread makes it more difficult than it needs to be to find the correct thread for people now looking for owner specific info....JMO

I was under the impression that this is the 'Official' thread.
post #425 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhan View Post

Do you still have your 80?
What video mode are you using?
Did you try 3D? If so how's cross talk?
Do you plan on getting it calibrated?
How far are you sitting from the TV?
I'll give you 5K shipping included if you ever get buyer's remorse...biggrin.gif
P.S.: pics!!!

User, same as on the 80

Yes, moved it to the bedroom

Yes, but only for ten minutes; it looked great (Grand Canyon on 3DNet), no crosstalk that I noticed, but again, only ten minutes

No, I'm happy with my settings; if Chad B came to Atlanta I'd probably try him, but I had the 80 inch calibrated and wasn't happy with it

10-12 ft., but honestly, it looks good closer

There will be no buyer's remorse-- I have the Sharp 70 and 80; I knew exactly what I was getting

It's early, but so far, I'm seeing fewer artifacts from Dtv on the 90, although I'm guessing they'll end up in around the same place; it took me awhile to adjust to the 80, but so far no issues with the 90; I haven't noticed any appreciable picture degradation as a result of the increased size except on dvds of older films that are particuarly grainy, you can see the grain a little more clearly, but I expected that
post #426 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

ive said it before and I will say it again............posts from owners without pics are USELESS smile.gif


No earthly idea how to post a picture. Not a picture person. If you tell me how, I' ll post one.
post #427 of 1357
to get full size, open up an account (Free) at photo bucket.

Upload a photo, Then copy the img code into your post. voila !!!

20120430_124451.jpg
post #428 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleybj View Post

No earthly idea how to post a picture. Not a picture person. If you tell me how, I' ll post one.
Suzook's instructions from photo bucket is fine if you're familiar with it but the easiest way is just to click on the "insert image" icon that is right next to the paper clip which is also to the right of the insert you tube video icon up there on the toolbar when you reply . So all you do is after you click on that, use the upload function which will pop up your pc's directory and just attach the pic from your pc as if you're attaching a photo to send in an email. That's the quickest and easiest way.

But if you versed with photo bucket it will give us a bigger full size to look at. Well you can do the easy insert for now to stop the drooling from us
post #429 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Suzook's instructions from photo bucket is fine if you're familiar with it but the easiest way is just to click on the "insert image" icon that is right next to the paper clip which is also to the right of the insert you tube video icon up there on the toolbar when you reply . So all you do is after you click on that, use the upload function which will pop up your pc's directory and just attach the pic from your pc as if you're attaching a photo to send in an email. That's the quickest and easiest way.
But if you versed with photo bucket it will give us a bigger full size to look at. Well you can do the easy insert for now to stop the drooling from us

if it was easy, everyone would do it smile.gif
post #430 of 1357
Testing "insert image" icon method from Zoey67 with a Disney's Animal Kingdom pic I took with my new Canon HF M500 last month... and I confirm it's easy!wink.gif After browsing to the chosen image you just have to select the size at witch it will be uploaded. I suggest the "large"! That's what I chose for the picture below. If you click on it you will be able to see the larger version.

post #431 of 1357
After seeing your polar bear TV pic my little 6 year old princesse asked if she could have one like this in her bedroom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

to get full size, open up an account (Free) at photo bucket.

Upload a photo, Then copy the img code into your post. voila !!!

20120430_124451.jpg
post #432 of 1357
But how do I do it on an iPhone? None of the methods discussed above seems to work. Thanks
post #433 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhan View Post

After seeing your polar bear TV pic my little 6 year old princesse asked if she could have one like this in her bedroom...

was like $79 (when I bought it a few months ago) at Wally World.......
post #434 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleybj View Post

But how do I do it on an iPhone? None of the methods discussed above seems to work. Thanks

I don't know how to do it with from an iPhone as I don't have one but you could always plug your iPhone into a desktop or laptop, copy the pics and upload from the pc. Maybe somebody knows of a better way.confused.gif

Anyways, still enjoying the big(gest) one? Did you try some blu-rays or gaming on it? I can imagine some racing games getting quite immersive on this big TV. I have one little nine years old that would probably agree with me!wink.gif
Edited by dhan - 9/21/12 at 7:19am
post #435 of 1357
post #436 of 1357
Wow! That TV is BIG!
post #437 of 1357
Thread has gotten awful quiet.
post #438 of 1357
Im interested, but waiting for the price to go down to 7k Canadian or so. Think I will get there before Christmas??
post #439 of 1357
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardfh View Post

Im interested, but waiting for the price to go down to 7k Canadian or so. Think I will get there before Christmas??
Not trying to a Grinch . . . . Nope .
post #440 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

Not trying to a Grinch . . . . Nope .

Grinch!!! Actually, I have a price down to 8k plus tax cad. Its still a lot. I like my 80 inch 632, but would love the extra 10 inches. At what price though???
post #441 of 1357


A scene from the Blu Ray of On Her Majesty's Secret Service. It looks really amazing-- no graininess at all. Directv continues to look good, with motion artifacts at a minimum. Still really pleased. I'm going to watch the Avengers in 3D soon. This will be the first full length test of 3D.
post #442 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleybj View Post



A scene from the Blu Ray of On Her Majesty's Secret Service. It looks really amazing-- no graininess at all. Directv continues to look good, with motion artifacts at a minimum. Still really pleased. I'm going to watch the Avengers in 3D soon. This will be the first full length test of 3D.

I see that you watch your TV in a fairly dark room environment. How do you feel about the black levels in a dark room? Did you lower you backlight setting for night viewing conditions? If I remeber correctly Thomas J. Norton from HTMag had his backlight set to -12 and contrast to +29 on movie mode for is calibrated set resulting in a MLL of 0.002 foot-lamberts.

Looking forward to get some feedback on the Avengers 3D movie (crosstalk!). I really enjoyed this movie in 2D... Robert Downey Jr steals the show..

Are getting used to the size?
Edited by dhan - 9/27/12 at 4:47pm
post #443 of 1357
no price talk, but where do you think the best place is to buy this monster?

amazon sells it for the MSRP, but there are random internet stores that have it for less, for example, google shopping.

do any of you guys have experience with ordering something this expensive and big from a generic internet store? lots of them have ratings and feedback and stuff, and there is a potential to save $1,000 or more - but it seems scary.
post #444 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhan View Post

I see that you watch your TV in a fairly dark room environment. How do you feel about the black levels in a dark room? Did you lower you backlight setting for night viewing conditions? If I remeber correctly Thomas J. Norton from HTMag had his backlight set to -12 and contrast to +29 on movie mode for is calibrated set resulting in a MLL of 0.002 foot-lamberts.
Looking forward to get some feedback on the Avengers 3D movie (crosstalk!). I really enjoyed this movie in 2D... Robert Downey Jr steals the show..
Are getting used to the size?

I have backlight on +16 and contrast on + 32. I haven't seen a need to change it at night.
post #445 of 1357
I went back to the Hi-Fi store yesterday and took another look at the 90LE745. Man do I like the size of this monster! I spend some time comparing it's PQ with other surrounding sets. I didn't play with the remote but I think Film Mode was engaged and maybe some noise reduction setting too as the image had noticably less detail in it than some of those other surounding sets that were on the same feed. Face close-ups looked particularly more blurry on the 90 than on a Sharp 70 just right beside it. There was a lot more details and subtilities in people's face on 70. The 90 looked a bit more washed out too. In it's favor, the 90 didn't have the dirty screen effect that the 70 had and thus overall image looked more uniform. There were no graininess to be seen on the 90 even with all TV being on the same feed.

I also saw the Samsung 75 incher which looked a bit small in comparaison. Image on the Samsung looked a bit more punchy than the Sharp but it was not on the same feed so it wasn't a fair comparaison. I also liked the Samsung bezel a lot. But now that I've seen a 90 incher, 75 is way too small for my tastes. So I'm still hoping we will see a 80 - 90 with local dimming from Sharp by next year.rolleyes.gif which was hinted by the salesman .
Edited by dhan - 9/29/12 at 6:43am
post #446 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by prefetch View Post

no price talk, but where do you think the best place is to buy this monster?
amazon sells it for the MSRP, but there are random internet stores that have it for less, for example, google shopping.
do any of you guys have experience with ordering something this expensive and big from a generic internet store? lots of them have ratings and feedback and stuff, and there is a potential to save $1,000 or more - but it seems scary.

You can check with one of the forum sponsors Cleveland Plasma. They are selling it for under MSRP and very reputable. I know Chris has it in stock.
post #447 of 1357
I picked up a Sharp 90 and i love it No Display is perfect but the size and impact are fantastic !

I do want a 4k Set but it must be 90 or above before i buy one. I would hope next year they come out with bigger ones...

I have watched a few movies on it and here are some shots of SNF smile.gif IMG_0378.JPG 1714k .JPG file IMG_0379.JPG 1785k .JPG file IMG_0384.JPG 1480k .JPG file IMG_0382.JPG 1756k .JPG file
post #448 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj8xp View Post

I picked up a Sharp 90 and i love it No Display is perfect but the size and impact are fantastic !
I do want a 4k Set but it must be 90 or above before i buy one. I would hope next year they come out with bigger ones...
I have watched a few movies on it and here are some shots of SNF smile.gif IMG_0378.JPG 1714k .JPG file IMG_0379.JPG 1785k .JPG file IMG_0384.JPG 1480k .JPG file IMG_0382.JPG 1756k .JPG file

Congratulations. Feedback always welcome.
post #449 of 1357
get some led bias light for that sucker smile.gif
post #450 of 1357
Watched Avengers (DirecTV pay per view) in 3D; looked great. I'm not really sure what crosstalk is, but no ghosting, except when the action moved really fast. Then there was little blur, but I think the TV does that on the DirecTV feed even for non-3D. Still very happy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp LC-90LE745U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] d