or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp LC-90LE745U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] d
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp LC-90LE745U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] d - Page 4

post #91 of 1357
BB inventory system also lists 10K price. "In-stock" date of 6/24/12, although actual shipments to distribution centers/stores will probably be 1-3 weeks later if things go as usual.
post #92 of 1357
Can't wait to see real photos of this beast.
post #93 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser View Post

This one would probably work - look under specifications and it gives the mounting pattern dimensions - depends on what the pattern is for the new 90" I believe this is the heaviest mount on the market. http://www.chiefmfg.com/Products/PDRUB

While the weight would be under the limit of this mount, the VESA pattern would require an adapter. The mount pattern is supposed to be 400x600 on this.
post #94 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

While the weight would be under the limit of this mount, the VESA pattern would require an adapter. The mount pattern is supposed to be 400x600 on this.

This is the technical drawing for the Universal Mounting Plate that comes with the mount - I am not sure how to calculte the VESA numbers but this looks large enough? http://downloads.chiefmfg.com/TECH-D...s-T/PSBU-T.pdf I used the adaptor for my 80" (844U) and it seems like there was plenty of room for a larger mounting pattern (400 X 400 for the 80").
post #95 of 1357
so any lurking here planning to buy one soon?
post #96 of 1357
I can't imagine that this model would look that great...1920x1080 at 90", combined with the inherent sharpness of an LCD vs. the softness of a, say, front-projected image at 92". Guess seeing it will be the real test.
post #97 of 1357
well fat then I suggest you stroll on over to the 80632 or 80844 threads. Yes 10 inches less but plenty of happy campers with full array which the 90 will have as well. And I suspect very good PQ as well.
post #98 of 1357
chilton, not sure what this has to do with the 90?
post #99 of 1357
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

so any lurking here planning to buy one soon?

When my ship comes in ......OR until the 90" Elite comes out ...
post #100 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

well fat then I suggest you stroll on over to the 80632 or 80844 threads. Yes 10 inches less but plenty of happy campers with full array which the 90 will have as well. And I suspect very good PQ as well.

I'm sure they'll look "good," but just how good? I think we are at the point where Sharp has been hitting the market so hard with large flat panels that at 90" we are at the point where screen size is outpacing available resolution. I'm sure at a far enough seating distance this set will look very good, however I think it's undeniable that these mega-sized sets would definitely benefit from a bump in resolution.
post #101 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

I'm sure they'll look "good," but just how good? I think we are at the point where Sharp has been hitting the market so hard with large flat panels that at 90" we are at the point where screen size is outpacing available resolution. I'm sure at a far enough seating distance this set will look very good, however I think it's undeniable that these mega-sized sets would definitely benefit from a bump in resolution.

Yeah, if every there was a large format display that need 4K, this would be it. TCL has a commercial 110" LCD and that is 4K. They may be saving the 4K for the Elite line next year.
post #102 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post

Yeah, if every there was a large format display that need 4K, this would be it. TCL has a commercial 110" LCD and that is 4K. They may be saving the 4K for the Elite line next year.

At an Industrial display audio video show yesterday, the Sharp Factory rep for commercial displays said the 4k is coming. When I pressed him for a delivery date he said the home theater people were being pretty tight lipped about when but word was there would be a 4k 90 in October.
Maybe ?
post #103 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

I'm sure they'll look "good," but just how good? I think we are at the point where Sharp has been hitting the market so hard with large flat panels that at 90" we are at the point where screen size is outpacing available resolution. I'm sure at a far enough seating distance this set will look very good, however I think it's undeniable that these mega-sized sets would definitely benefit from a bump in resolution.

I have 2 of the 844's and view them from 10 - 10.5 feet away. Previous to this I had the Mitsubishi 73's in the same areas. IMO there is no doubt that the picture is sharper, brighter and the colors more vivid and life-like than the Mitsu's. The recommended seating distance for the 90 will probably be 11-12 feet. At that distance I suspect the perceived resolution will still be very good. I have tried watching the 80's at a closer distance but the main thing that bothered me was the screen was larger than my field of view (like sitting in the front row of a movie theater) and I found that quite uncomfortable.
post #104 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post

Can't wait to see real photos of this beast.

I agree !
post #105 of 1357
$10k for a 90" Sharp HDTV, or $10k down payment on a 2012 Subaru WRX STI. The Sharp would be replace my 52" Samsung B750, and the WRX would replace my 09 Scion tC. I want both
post #106 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post

$10k for a 90" Sharp HDTV, or $10k down payment on a 2012 Subaru WRX STI. The Sharp would be replace my 52" Samsung B750, and the WRX would replace my 09 Scion tC. I want both

By all accounts, you are looking at a $6.5-7.5K street price 3 or 4 months after release.
post #107 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestewman View Post

At an Industrial display audio video show yesterday, the Sharp Factory rep for commercial displays said the 4k is coming. When I pressed him for a delivery date he said the home theater people were being pretty tight lipped about when but word was there would be a 4k 90 in October.
Maybe ?

Next Gen Elite? Would make sense for the high end to go that route and it was the debut time of last years Elite.
post #108 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post


Next Gen Elite? Would make sense for the high end to go that route and it was the debut time of last years Elite.

90" 4k Elite? That would cost a lot of $$$ based on the upcoming 10k MSRP 90" 745...
post #109 of 1357
Wonder if the LC90LE745U will have the 300mhz HDMI chips for 1080p60 3D
post #110 of 1357
I was curious in the other direction. Would they release a cheaper three color, non 3d for the few of us not interested in it and ok with not so costly pure whites? Only time will tell.
post #111 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Baron View Post

I was curious in the other direction. Would they release a cheaper three color, non 3d for the few of us not interested in it and ok with not so costly pure whites? Only time will tell.

The 90LE640
post #112 of 1357
Seems the 90" is now available online ( for 10k) at futureshop.ca for a scheduled deivery. 3 units total. Anybody interrested? Cause I would be interrested to read a user review! biggrin.gif
post #113 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhan View Post

Seems the 90" is now available online ( for 10k) at futureshop.ca for a scheduled deivery. 3 units total. Anybody interrested? Cause I would be interrested to read a user review! biggrin.gif

I love how it already has 23 customers that rated it and it is not even available yet. By the way there are other pre-orders for $1K less out there.
post #114 of 1357
Well darn it, that a first that Canadians get a new model in before the US.... biggrin.gif
post #115 of 1357
But you guys have better prices most of the time...wink.gif
post #116 of 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytech View Post

I love how it already has 23 customers that rated it and it is not even available yet. By the way there are other pre-orders for $1K less out there.

Looks like we have a lot of tea-leaf readers up here...biggrin.gif
post #117 of 1357
Update: I was told maybe as soon as two weeks wink.gif
post #118 of 1357
Just saw the 90 inch sharp at Magnolia AV in Woodland hills Ca. It was next to the 80 inch 844 model. They had the hi def espn on showing sports results. Not too much action so I could see differences (if any) between the 120hz 90 incher and the 240 hz 844. Both were very good. Could stand quite close to both and not have a problem. Salesman said that both were in the "default" mode the sets came with. Said that the 90 incher was literally just put turned on before I got there. Both were again very very good. Almost impossible to pick which was better. Again claim was made that neither had any calibration done to them. I liked them both and have no idea how good they could be if calibrated.

Also, they had no ability currently to hook up a dvd to these to check movies. Said that perhaps in the future they would do so.
post #119 of 1357
We should be getting pics of this beast in the wild soon. What was the "asking" price. $9995?
post #120 of 1357
yeah where are the pics. Much earlier than the late June street date..........
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp LC-90LE745U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] d