or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "official" Yamaha RX-V673 thread. 7.2-Channel Network AVR
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "official" Yamaha RX-V673 thread. 7.2-Channel Network AVR - Page 54

post #1591 of 3379
HDMI control, which is needed for ARC, can be a bit flaky. So, I would second the recommendation to try optical instead. However, it seems unlikely that the specific problem you are having is related to ARC and optical probably won't fix it. There are a few sets where optical supports DD 5.1 while ARC does not. But, aside from that, the two types should give you the same outputs.
post #1592 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by dont24 View Post

If you have a mobile device, grab the Yamaha app. You can power on Zone 2 and control Net Radio from it. No need to power on your projector to select the radio stations.

Thanks again. I got the app and also went to the yradio website and chose some NetRadio stations to bookmark. Not sure what happened afterwards, but now when I switch on the receiver and go to NetRadio, I get a brief "access error" message and then when the screen comes up on the projector, it simply says "no content". I double checked back to the yradio website and my bookmarks are intact. I uninstalled the Yamaha app for the time being as I tried to trace the problem backwards, but I still get the "no content" message. Everything else works fine, just no NetRadio. Any ideas why this is happening and what I should do to fix it? The manual seems to be of little use here.
post #1593 of 3379
Having the same problem myself, perhaps some one that has had this issue and resolved it will chime in????wink.gif
post #1594 of 3379
power off avr and reset your router and power it all back on...yamaha avrs seem to have problems with access errors on the net inputs. I called yamaha and they ran me through hoops.
Edited by basshead81 - 4/13/13 at 9:33pm
post #1595 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

power off avr and reset your router and power it all back on...yamaha avrs seem to have problems with access errors on the net inputs. I called yamaha and they ran me through hoops.

Bingo! Thanks very much for your help. I had disconnected my internet service while I re-routed some cables earlier and I guess that's what caused the problem. It shouldn't have since everything else was up and running when I re-connected, but I guess that explains why it happened.
Edited by bruce3404 - 4/14/13 at 7:59am
post #1596 of 3379
Got the Netgear WNCE2001 refurb and hooked it up.

I can heartily recommend it! Installation went smoothly. Didn't even have to hook it up to PC and configure. Simply plugged it in to the rcvr, pushed the radio button on the bridge and on my router and it configured itself and was immediately networked. Streaming smoothly with no hiccups. I was hardwired before but wanted to use the ethernet cable for my wife's desktop. Can't beat this for $29.
post #1597 of 3379
I also have been struggling with wireless internet connection and YM-10 installation on home network. Access errors, no content on net radio and apps that cant find receiver had me at wits end. After days of chin scratcing , endless email exchanges with Yamaha tech suport, and paralyzing self-doubt, a simple hard reboot of the receiver solved all problems. No longer have problems with android and ipad apps finding receiver on network, net radio and Pandora work as designed. I no longer feel that I have to learn about IP addresses, DNS servers, MAC filtersand DCHP. My wife thinks I am a certified tech genius. All is right with the world. All hail the reboot!
post #1598 of 3379
I'm running a 7.1 system. Since this receiver allows a second subwoofer, I'm wondering if I can hook up a pair of butt shakers to the subwoofer #2 port? I know I'd need to use a splitter (or run them in a series), but it seems this might be a cleaner installation rather than using another receiver to power the butt shakers. I guess I could test this out, but I don't want to screw up my new receiver with a bad experiment. Anyone try this yet? It should be noted that the butt shakers are 4 ohms each.
post #1599 of 3379
You can use shakers, but they have to be powered. i.e. you need a separate amp for them (so it's irrelevant that they are 4 ohms because the 673 is not powering them).
post #1600 of 3379
Newegg.com is offering a refurbished RX-V673 receiver for $339.99 with free shipping. Has anybody had any experience with refurbished units from Newegg or in general? It comes with a 1 year parts and labor warranty. Amazon.com has new RX-V673 receivers for only $399.00 with free shipping. It might be wise to pay the extra $60 for a new unit with a 2 year warranty. I need to upgrade my RX-V660 and thought it would be nice to save some money.
Edited by 03CherryZR2 - 4/14/13 at 3:58pm
post #1601 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03CherryZR2 View Post

Newegg.com is offering a refurbished RX-V673 receiver for $339.99 with free shipping. Has anybody had any experience with refurbished units from Newegg or in general? It comes with a 1 year parts and labor warranty. Amazon.com has new RX-V673 receivers for only $399.00 with free shipping. It might be wise to pay the extra $60 for a new unit with a 2 year warranty. I need to upgrade my RX-V660 and thought it would be nice to save some money.
I would get the new one from Amazon.
post #1602 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03CherryZR2 View Post

Newegg.com is offering a refurbished RX-V673 receiver for $339.99 with free shipping. Has anybody had any experience with refurbished units from Newegg or in general? It comes with a 1 year parts and labor warranty. Amazon.com has new RX-V673 receivers for only $399.00 with free shipping. It might be wise to pay the extra $60 for a new unit with a 2 year warranty. I need to upgrade my RX-V660 and thought it would be nice to save some money.

I bought an open box RX-V673 from Newegg for $337 a couple months ago. it turned out to be "refurbished". Like brand new. No problems. Of course YMMV. But that was at a time when the new ones were going for about $100 more. The price difference isn't as great now and may still drop more. At this point I would buy new.
post #1603 of 3379
Hi,

I was wondering what's the difference in sound quality when you stream the music directly trough AirPlay, for ex Frisky radio (played from Itunes), or some stored music on the pc/laptop and music played trough for ex optical cable like : - laptop- Yamaha - speakers. So basically question is, does the sound loose anything from it's quality when it's streamed via wireless.

Thx for replies :_)
post #1604 of 3379
Just a heads up on sale at newegg for 72hrs..email just hit my inbox, am very pleased with mine, though have not messed with the net or airplay side of things has been running fine for weeks now and with old FW v 1.27, just cannot go wrong for that price imho

YAMAHA RX-V673BL $379.99 With Promo Code EMCXSWP67
post #1605 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanthd View Post

I also have been struggling with wireless internet connection and YM-10 installation on home network. Access errors, no content on net radio and apps that cant find receiver had me at wits end. After days of chin scratcing , endless email exchanges with Yamaha tech suport, and paralyzing self-doubt, a simple hard reboot of the receiver solved all problems. No longer have problems with android and ipad apps finding receiver on network, net radio and Pandora work as designed. I no longer feel that I have to learn about IP addresses, DNS servers, MAC filtersand DCHP. My wife thinks I am a certified tech genius. All is right with the world. All hail the reboot!

In regard to this topic I believe I have found a fix for this. go into settings/network/ turn network standby mode off. this way on every boot he avr will refresh its ip and dns. this was especially important in my situation since I tether my LTE to all my devies. basically my Galaxy Note II is my wifi router/hot spot. Now it works flawless!!
post #1606 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddyknuckles View Post

I bought an open box RX-V673 from Newegg for $337 a couple months ago. it turned out to be "refurbished". Like brand new. No problems. Of course YMMV. But that was at a time when the new ones were going for about $100 more. The price difference isn't as great now and may still drop more. At this point I would buy new.

Agree. 2 years warranty is invaluable. I got the new one on Amazon. It should be delivered today. Can't wait to connect my Polk TSI400s, PSW505 Sub and Polk CS20 center. Let the glasses shatter!
post #1607 of 3379
Folk, due to my current health problems I have a brand new Yamaha RX-V673 receiver for sale. I have had it less than 2 months and it is still factory sealed. Have not even opened it up. It was purchased from a local authorized dealer which means it came with a 2-year warranty. I will take $325.00 and I will pay shipping within the US. I also have the original receipt. If interested please contact me via a PM. I post mainly over at audioholics under the name speakerman39. It is also posted over there for sale. Thank you for your time.



Cheers,

Phil


Note: Mods, if this post is in violation please feel free to remove it.
post #1608 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by peerguy View Post

Agree. 2 years warranty is invaluable. I got the new one on Amazon. It should be delivered today. Can't wait to connect my Polk TSI400s, PSW505 Sub and Polk CS20 center. Let the glasses shatter!
You wont be breaking anything with that 505. Return it and get a Klipsck RW-12d from Newegg for $279. Its a much better sub.
post #1609 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofreak38 View Post

Folk, due to my current health problems I have a brand new Yamaha RX-V673 receiver for sale. I have had it less than 2 months and it is still factory sealed. Have not even opened it up. It was purchased from a local authorized dealer which means it came with a 2-year warranty. I will take $325.00 and I will pay shipping within the US. I also have the original receipt. If interested please contact me via a PM. I post mainly over at audioholics under the name speakerman39. It is also posted over there for sale. Thank you for your time.
pm sent
post #1610 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

You wont be breaking anything with that 505. Return it and get a Klipsck RW-12d from Newegg for $279. Its a much better sub.

I know and agree with you about PSW505 not breaking glasses. I tried the klipsch in a store and heard port chuffing. Further google search revealed that port chuffing is a common problem with the Klipsch rw12d.

And I'm on a budget. PSW 505 fit my bill (less that $200 on Amazon).
post #1611 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by peerguy View Post

I know and agree with you about PSW505 not breaking glasses. I tried the klipsch in a store and heard port chuffing. Further google search revealed that port chuffing is a common problem with the Klipsch rw12d.

And I'm on a budget. PSW 505 fit my bill (less that $200 on Amazon).
Very well. I and many others here at AVS have an RW12 and port chuffing is a rare complaint.
post #1612 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegof View Post

pm sent


Message sent back as well as a phone call. Hope to hear from you soon Jerry.



Cheers,

Phil
post #1613 of 3379
Anyone having problems with internet radio features?
post #1614 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Anyone having problems with internet radio features?

post 1605 wink.gif
post #1615 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by peerguy View Post

Agree. 2 years warranty is invaluable. I got the new one on Amazon. It should be delivered today. Can't wait to connect my Polk TSI400s, PSW505 Sub and Polk CS20 center. Let the glasses shatter!

the psw505 is a decent sub for the money...if your not concerned with extension below 30hz then you will be happy. i had 2 of them and they had alot of output around 40-50hz...not the most musical sub but it gets the job done and is very reliable.
post #1616 of 3379
Is there a way to copy YPAO Flat EQ settings as a starting point for manual adjustments?
post #1617 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnymills View Post

Is there a way to copy YPAO Flat EQ settings as a starting point for manual adjustments?

yes go into setup/manual setup/parametric eq/manual/ scroll down to peq data copy and select flat.
post #1618 of 3379
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

yes go into setup/manual setup/parametric eq/manual/ scroll down to peq data copy and select flat.

Thanks! I missed hitting manual twice rolleyes.gif (first time just checkmarks it)
post #1619 of 3379
Poor Bass from Yamaha RX-V673

Hello all,
I recently purchased a Yamaha rx-v673 ( I have had a PIoneer Elite 45tx before and an Onkyo NR3009). The receiver seems to be very weak in bass in comparison to the Pioneer and the Onkyo which both have a really powerful punchy bass. The lower end sounds really loose and flabby (if thats an expression) and not tight and punchy. Any ideas on how to improve the sound quality? The primary reason I purchased it was for HDMI switching, which it appears to be doing a decent job of (may still need some tweaking), but the sound really needs improvement.

I ran YPAO incidentally. I am sure given all the rave reviews, I am doing something wrong. Please help. Thanks.
post #1620 of 3379
Have you used the tone controls to add bass? It also has a built in graphic eq that will help.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "official" Yamaha RX-V673 thread. 7.2-Channel Network AVR