Has anyone managed to get ARC to work with a Sony R550?
I have tried two different HDMI cables and neither seem to work.
HDMI Control on and ARC on.
- When I try to change the volume using the TV remote I get the message "TV volume is fixed".
- Most of the time I don't get any sound through the AMP or the TV speakers no matter what the source is.
- Right now with this configuration the sound is working fom my cable box which is connected via HDMI to the amp, but I still don't get any sound through the amp for Netflix.
HDMI control off (so ARC is off), Audio Output (Amp on, HDMI OUT (TV) on)
- Trying to change the volume with the TV remote I get the message "TV volume if fixed"
- The sound does come out of the amp as expected when watching an HDMI source.
- When I watch Netflix on the TV the amp doesn't change to output what is being shown on Netflix it carries on playing the last HDMI source.
I would prefer to get ARC working than have to run an optical cable from the TV to the amp if possible, but right now it seems that may be my only option