Bought one of these over the weekend together with the wifi plug & yamaha's 7.1 EF speakers (all within my budget!), it's my first receiver & home speaker rig (besides pc speakers).
I've setup 5.1 in zone1 and the other two bookshelf speakers will go into another room.
I had a couple of things I had to change from stock:
- YPAO Large to small changes (YPAO gave no subby?...)
- ARC gave me no tv audio (had to enable it)
- Changed the resistance from 8ohm to 6ohm (not really sure what this does, just remembered reading the speaker saying 6ohms)
this thread gave some good insight (haven't read all of it yet)...so thank you! Got notified of a firmware update...not sure if I should update (don't fix it if it aint broken??)
For me, the receiver is pretty awesome (probably above what I need spec wise), having the single remote programmed for the TV & audio is awesome...the airplay via the mobiles....so convenient.
Nothing beats me helping out the missus when she's trying to just get some audio from the gear and for me to swoop in on my horse (I mean while I'm on n the toilet via my mobile/in the kitchen/on the pc etc.....!!!!) and do it for her.
I can't wait to get home and install this plugin for winamp so I can PC it up! Hopefully it works. http://www.winamp.com/plugin/remote-speakers-output-v4-0/222465
A couple of questions:
1. Does anyone know of a code for the Xtreamer remote control? Basically I just want the basic control functions: FF/Stop/Play power on/off.
I found this but doesnt make sense (but may help?)! http://forum.xtreamer.net/mediawiki-1.15.1/index.php/IR_Codes
2. Currently audio heard is slightly behind the video (mouth movement with lagged audio). The receivers latency options are from 0 > 500ms (increase lag), I need it to go negative e.g. -500ms. Cables used are all HDMI. Input is from the xtreamer (I need to test if this happened in my alternate Z680 setup & also isolate the issue further). Is there anything else can I do regarding laggy audio?
3. The FM antenna....I got a piece of wire which to me looks like its missing the outside ring of the male connector? Anyways I plug it in but it doesnt exactly click/firmly fit...?? Feels loose. Is this normal? (HAHAHAHA no puns intended). E.g. it looks like its connecting up 1 core wire instead of 2? (Not sure if FM antennas are only 1 core).