or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Camcorders › Sony cx760v video's to Blu-ray
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony cx760v video's to Blu-ray

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Hi all ,I currently have a old canon mini dv camcorder the mini dv is getting to be a pain, plus its lacking video quailty.So I was looking to purchase the sony cx760v.The question I have is , I like to transfer the video's I record in 60p or 24p to Blu-ray disc what do I need to make that happen in a painless process and could I possibly save the videos I take form the camcorder to a external hard drive too? I have just purchased a new dell xps with the blu-ray burner so I have that covered.
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by superb77 View Post

Hi all ,I currently have a old canon mini dv camcorder the mini dv is getting to be a pain, plus its lacking video quailty.So I was looking to purchase the sony cx760v.The question I have is , I like to transfer the video's I record in 60p or 24p to Blu-ray disc what do I need to make that happen in a painless process and could I possibly save the videos I take form the camcorder to a external hard drive too? I have just purchased a new dell xps with the blu-ray burner so I have that covered.

Well i only use Pinnacle software and that can edit render and burn BLU RAYS,my pc is quad core but it does struggle with a full 2hr BD but the results are worth it.
Yes i capture all my avchd video to an external drive,the files required can used with the software on a timeline when editing and making Blu Rays or any other format.
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
All the movies I shot on the canon I never really edited them I left them the way they were which was not a problem for me.I'm just looking for better higher quailty videos now in 1080HD that I can view on my hd set and saving them to bluray and backup to a hard drive.Does that Pinnacle software can do that?
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by superb77 View Post

All the movies I shot on the canon I never really edited them I left them the way they were which was not a problem for me.I'm just looking for better higher quailty videos now in 1080HD that I can view on my hd set and saving them to bluray and backup to a hard drive.Does that Pinnacle software can do that?

Yes the stored files would be unedited,the BDs can edited or as filmed,remember BDs Only hold 2hrs,HD AVCHD discs which are hd burnt on blank DVD discs 35min.
post #5 of 12
When you burn BDs with Pinnacle from 1080p, does the product remain 1080p? Or does Pinnacle render to 1080i?

Last week I made a 30 minute AVCHD disc of a concert and the disc was nearly full. When I checked, the file was 1080i. It played beautifully. When I tried to put the 1080p source files on a DVD as data files, it took two discs.

Apparently, my software assumes the BD standard to be 1080i. Or, it figures out what will fit, and makes necessary changes.

Bill
post #6 of 12
You can create a BD title with something like MultiAVCHD (if you want it for free). Or you can just dump your HD files onto a DVD or BD and chances are that a newer BD player will play them, no fancy menu though.
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague View Post

When you burn BDs with Pinnacle from 1080p, does the product remain 1080p? Or does Pinnacle render to 1080i?

Last week I made a 30 minute AVCHD disc of a concert and the disc was nearly full. When I checked, the file was 1080i. It played beautifully. When I tried to put the 1080p source files on a DVD as data files, it took two discs.

Apparently, my software assumes the BD standard to be 1080i. Or, it figures out what will fit, and makes necessary changes.

Bill

If i render a BD with various frame rates they all keep their own resoluton on one timeline ,even HDV can mix with 1080P,one thing does confuse me it says the project is 25P[i am in a pal area]but when put the disc in my PS3s to play the DISC shows as 1080i despite clearly having the exact look it was filmed in.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungermann View Post

You can create a BD title with something like MultiAVCHD (if you want it for free). Or you can just dump your HD files onto a DVD or BD and chances are that a newer BD player will play them, no fancy menu though.

I've done that.

My charming granddaughter concert video is ten 3 minute clips, or 30 minutes total. Dumping the 1080p files on DVDs plays on my Sony S570, not an older Panasonic BD30. However, it takes two DVD discs to hold that much data.

If I combine the 10 clips in HDWriter, the 1080p is preserved, but the file is too big for a single DVD disc. But, I can put it on my WD TV media player.

If I use Premier Elements 10 to combine the 10 files in a "project" and use it to burn a 30 minute AVCHD disc, it plays in both BD players, they are 1080i and it all fits on one DVD disc. It also plays on the WD TV media player.

By the time the BD players and the TVs process the files from either the 1080p data discs, the 1080i AVCHD disc or directly from a WD media player my eyes do not see a difference in playback quality.

Because of all the output options, I'm tending to use Premier Elements more and, except for some initial trimming, HD Writer less. Final 1080p output is becoming less important to me. The flexibility of Premier Elements has become very appealing.

Bill
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by flintyplus View Post

If i render a BD with various frame rates they all keep their own resoluton on one timeline ,even HDV can mix with 1080P,one thing does confuse me it says the project is 25P[i am in a pal area]but when put the disc in my PS3s to play the DISC shows as 1080i despite clearly having the exact look it was filmed in.

I think what happens in Non Linear Editors is that the project setting is used only during the editing process. It is what makes it viewable when you have multiple sources. In other words, everything is temporarily "rendered" from the originals to intermediate files. In the instructions for my NLE it explains that the closer you get to the primary source file settings the "smoother" the editing preview will be.

Finally, when the project is done you select output settings. The rendering process starts over. You have used the temporary files to mark all the in and out points and created effects and transitions. In final rendering, the NLE goes back to the source files and transcodes (?) them to the format of choice, be it for an iphone or BD disc. What might be different from one NLE brand to the other is the choice of CODECs that have been licensed - as in paid for.

In other words, picking 25p for your project has little effect on the output. It only controls the speed and smoothness of your work. The reason the "exact look" is preserved is because the CODEC used to create the 1080i file is a good one.

Did I get that right?

Bill
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Ok .I can only record 2 hrs on a bluray disc.Now does that matter if its in 60p or 24p?I wont be playing it on my pc most likely mty Ps3
post #11 of 12
[quote=bsprague;21971539]I think what happens in Non Linear Editors is that the project setting is used only during the editing process. It is what makes it viewable when you have multiple sources. In other words, everything is temporarily "rendered" from the originals to intermediate files. In the instructions for my NLE it explains that the closer you get to the primary source file settings the "smoother" the editing preview will be.

Finally, when the project is done you select output settings. The rendering process starts over. You have used the temporary files to mark all the in and out points and created effects and transitions. In final rendering, the NLE goes back to the source files and transcodes (?) them to the format of choice, be it for an iphone or BD disc. What might be different from one NLE brand to the other is the choice of CODECs that have been licensed - as in paid for.

In other words, picking 25p for your project has little effect on the output. It only controls the speed and smoothness of your work. The reason the "exact look" is preserved is because the CODEC used to create the 1080i file is a good one.

Did I get that right?

Bill[/QU

Probobly,all i know if there are different resolution clips from different cameras or frame rate bit rate settings they all show up resolution wise on the BD etc as from the source setting.

Superb77 i am pal area and resolution-frame rates or bit rate makes no difference to how much can be put on a BLU RAY,117m 30s to be exact with Pinnacle,i expect your area works the same.
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
WOW this gets really involved and techincal.I am kind of familiar with that type of software.I have a canon powershot digital camra and it came with the Coral software I did burn some dvd's pics and videos from the powershot, its wasn't bad took some time to learn what it can do.But it sounds the same just very newer than the coral software.Sounds like this is a hot topic here on video editing software.Does this forum have a section on this topic?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Camcorders
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › Camcorders › Sony cx760v video's to Blu-ray