or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread - Page 437

post #13081 of 13474
Well I guess the new SW has something to do with viera connect. I tried to watch Netflix and got the following message

"Viera Connect function will not be available unless software update is completed. Please update software to use Viera Connect."

I hate this. My VT looks so good and I don't want to mess with it.
Edited by TWD - 11/13/13 at 11:56pm
post #13082 of 13474
ChadB said it made virtually no significant difference. What are you so anxious about? It makes no sense to freak out every time theres a new update.
post #13083 of 13474
Based on Chad's calibration report the change is so insignificant you would never see it
post #13084 of 13474
Can anyone confirm buzzing after the update?mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
post #13085 of 13474
I have not experienced any buzzing.
post #13086 of 13474
No buzzing here either.
post #13087 of 13474
It would seem the only "buzz" is occurring in this thread, LOL! smile.gif
post #13088 of 13474
Very funny!!!!
post #13089 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWD View Post

Well I guess the new SW has something to do with viera connect. I tried to watch Netflix and got the following message

"Viera Connect function will not be available unless software update is completed. Please update software to use Viera Connect."

I hate this. My VT looks so good and I don't want to mess with it.

Yeah, I went to run "Viera Connect" today, and same thing, forced to do this update. I have read online that NetFlix has redesigned it's interface, just speculation, but perhaps this update adds that new "interface" internally? I'm not concerned about, just wish Panasonic would SHARE the actual info for the updates, like most companies, Oppo, etc. do. Most of us would like to know, otherwise make the updates automatic in the first place. In this case if you ever want to use VC, you have no choice.
post #13090 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

It would seem the only "buzz" is occurring in this thread, LOL! smile.gif

Guilty! I'm here. cool.gif
post #13091 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

Yeah, I went to run "Viera Connect" today, and same thing, forced to do this update. I have read online that NetFlix has redesigned it's interface, just speculation, but perhaps this update adds that new "interface" internally? I'm not concerned about, just wish Panasonic would SHARE the actual info for the updates, like most companies, Oppo, etc. do. Most of us would like to know, otherwise make the updates automatic in the first place. In this case if you ever want to use VC, you have no choice.

Netflix is making it so it's interface is consistent across devices.
post #13092 of 13474
I thought about that too. It seemed somewhat interesting that the update came out on the same day that Netflix updated their page, which by the way, looks cumbersome and not so intuitive. As for the update, I have had no buzzing and can find no appreciable deprecation in image quality.
post #13093 of 13474
Rhapsody is not working after update. Anyone else?
post #13094 of 13474
Noticed some buzzing on my vt50 after the update. Wasn't aware of it until trying to run the YouTube app, which necessitated the update. All else seems that same so far.
post #13095 of 13474
post #13096 of 13474
Can't link to this forum with your link. What forum are you referring to?
Edited by TWD - 11/17/13 at 8:29am
post #13097 of 13474
HDJ
post #13098 of 13474
Not sure why I should bother updating if nothing is wrong right now. But normally these panny updates mean something real was improved on the other hand (unlike the Sammy spam updates I'm used to)
post #13099 of 13474
Has anyone been able to test if Skype works?

Before I updated the TV Skype would crash shortly after accepting a call. After searching here and on the Skype website it turned out to be a recurring problem and since it was completely unusable I returned the webcam. I'm ready to buy it again, but it would be great if someone could check it out and see if the stability improvements are also in Skype.
post #13100 of 13474
post #13101 of 13474
Posting links to other forums does not work on AVS
post #13102 of 13474
New Firmware is sucks so far!!!My TV start buzzing after the Firmware update and I haven't norice any type of improvement over previous Firmware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
post #13103 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

It would seem the only "buzz" is occurring in this thread, LOL! smile.gif
So I am not the only I guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
post #13104 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhirsche View Post

Noticed some buzzing on my vt50 after the update. Wasn't aware of it until trying to run the YouTube app, which necessitated the update. All else seems that same so far.
You are not alone,my TV start buzzing after firmware update!!!if you lower the Contrast Level below 50% buzzing will go away......
post #13105 of 13474
Hidefjunkies
post #13106 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhirsche View Post

Hidefjunkies
????
post #13107 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKTULIPS7 View Post

????

The missing domain in the last two links is from the forum high def junkies.
post #13108 of 13474
Everybody please post any kind of observation or notice any change even minor after the firmware update
post #13109 of 13474
In my case no buzz to report and to my untrained eye it still the same: I always keep it as THX Cinema or THX Bright Room and both are the same.

As askes before I'm very curious to know if Skype is now working without crashing...
post #13110 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetatre View Post

In my case no buzz to report and to my untrained eye it still the same: I always keep it as THX Cinema or THX Bright Room and both are the same.

As askes before I'm very curious to know if Skype is now working without crashing...

Same for me, no buzzing and the picture looks the same. I don't use the TV apps so I can't answer how those have been affected.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread