or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread - Page 24

post #691 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Papagorgio View Post

96 hours down 4 hours to go on the slides! I'm watching movies all day on my 65" VT50

I think u meant> after the final 4 hours of slides, then you'll me watching movies thereafter all day/night long........
post #692 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamd View Post

I'm getting a 65 incher for my man cave, it's a very dark room. How do you guys find the 3d? Is it bright enough?Crosstalk?

Don't have one (yet!), but it should be plenty bright in a very dark room.
post #693 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob539 View Post

Anyone else having issue with Samsung bluray player. It could be I don't have avr that supports arc but (3806 Denon) avr kept fighting with bluray player. I would hit Samsung than tv would go to input 1 (not arc) then hit hdmi 2 and bluray would pause. I would have to restart bluray. I moved hdmi to input 1 (non arc) and everything is fine. The tv just kept switching inputs and I kept switching back. Very weird

None of that has anything to do with ARC, Audio Return Channel.

Maybe you mean HDMI-CEC?
post #694 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcavila View Post

I have an 58" Panny as well on a monoprice mount. Won't the new 65" fit the same mount? I thought the VESA mount on back was the same. The 65" is actually lighter than the 58" V10 model. So I'm assuming that I should not need a new mount?

I hung the 58" elsewhere and am buying the same mount for my 65". I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just buy shorter screws if you plan on slamming it up against the wall...I picked up some M8x1.25 16mm bolts for the back of the TV, which should bring it to about .75" away from the wall.
post #695 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitar1963 View Post

I think u meant> after the final 4 hours of slides, then you'll me watching movies thereafter all day/night long........

Your right
post #696 of 13457
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

Nobody seems to be talking about this. I'm curious about the 3D as well...

Seemed plenty bright enough to me can't really speak to crosstalk as I have no experience with other displays in 3d.
post #697 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

Nobody seems to be talking about this. I'm curious about the 3D as well...

No one cares about 3D..
post #698 of 13457
I got my 65" yesterday! I love the THX bright room setting but I noticed that the pixel orbiter is off in the THX settings and grayed out. I watch a lot of ESPN and play video games which makes me concerned with this option being turned off. Am I right in being concerned or is there no worry of IR?
post #699 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by restricted3711 View Post

I got my 65" yesterday! I love the THX bright room setting but I noticed that the pixel orbiter is off in the THX settings and grayed out. I watch a lot of ESPN and play video games which makes me concerned with this option being turned off. Am I right in being concerned or is there no worry of IR?

Change the aspect in the settings to size 1 and this will enable the orbiter.
post #700 of 13457
Really? Wow thanks a lot I'll try that when I get home.
post #701 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by korn646 View Post

I hung the 58" elsewhere and am buying the same mount for my 65". I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just buy shorter screws if you plan on slamming it up against the wall...I picked up some M8x1.25 16mm bolts for the back of the TV, which should bring it to about .75" away from the wall.

You know after I posted that I realized that's probably what your doing. I'm moving my 58" to the bedroom but will be using the stand so I will be using my current mount. I have it hung above the fireplace. I have mine angled down slightly so I've got room. Now if my TV would just get here all will be well in the universe. lol I should hopefully be getting in a week.
post #702 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by korn646 View Post

I hung the 58" elsewhere and am buying the same mount for my 65". I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just buy shorter screws if you plan on slamming it up against the wall...I picked up some M8x1.25 16mm bolts for the back of the TV, which should bring it to about .75" away from the wall.

Most universal mounts fit most units.......
post #703 of 13457
So far awesome!!!!!! 55VT50 looks beautiful. Took a pic but its a crappy pic

Attachment 246369

Will take more pics as i test. Having issues with fios
LL
post #704 of 13457
Received my 55" VT50 yesterday.

This is after first trying out a PN51E8000, and than a 50" GT50.

Extremely satisfied with what I have seen so far from the VT50, this one is a keeper.

The black levels are absolutely amazing.

I will admit my knowledge is limited when it comes to high ends TV's right now and I have been taking the time to better understand what they can do/offer.

One of the reasons I went with the VT50 is after reading about it having 96hz playback.

I have a question if someone can help. In the settings menu for 24p playback the only options I see are 48 and 60 - is 96hz something that is just on by default when it is available?

Thank you for any information, much appreciated.
post #705 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Papagorgio View Post

96 hours down 4 hours to go on the slides! I'm watching movies all day on my 65" VT50

LOL your crazy Nick
post #706 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbiidermen View Post

Received my 55" VT50 yesterday.

This is after first trying out a PN51E8000, and than a 50" GT50.

Extremely satisfied with what I have seen so far from the VT50, this one is a keeper.

The black levels are absolutely amazing.

I will admit my knowledge is limited when it comes to high ends TV's right now and I have been taking the time to better understand what they can do/offer.

One of the reasons I went with the VT50 is after reading about it having 96hz playback.

I have a question if someone can help. In the settings menu for 24p playback the only options I see are 48 and 60 - is 96hz something that is just on by default when it is available?

Thank you for any information, much appreciated.

The option will pop up when you feed the TV a 24p signal.
post #707 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest79 View Post

Does your Vt50 buzz as much as your samsung pne8000 because I plan to do the same thing

I don't have it yet.
post #708 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_mahaney View Post

The option will pop up when you feed the TV a 24p signal.

Thanks for the reply.

Blu-ray is a 24p signal, correct? While watching one the option was not available. Or maybe it was that particular blu-ray I was watching? Or maybe I have to be in custom mode?
post #709 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbiidermen View Post

Thanks for the reply.

Blu-ray is a 24p signal, correct? While watching one the option was not available. Or maybe it was that particular blu-ray I was watching? Or maybe I have to be in custom mode?

Could (possibly) have been the blu-ray (some Blu-Ray TV shows are 60), but it's more likely your Blu-Ray player isn't set to output 24p. There should be an option somewhere in the menu. You do not have to be in custom mode.
post #710 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgon74 View Post

No one cares about 3D..

Good talk.

I do, so I'm sure there are a few others out there that do as well.
post #711 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_mahaney View Post

Could (possibly) have been the blu-ray (some Blu-Ray TV shows are 60), but it's more likely your Blu-Ray player isn't set to output 24p. There should be an option somewhere in the menu. You do not have to be in custom mode.

ok thank you, I will check out the settings on my blu-ray player just incase.

I have only watched Tron 3D and some episodes or Rome (HBO) on Blu-ray so far.

I recently picked up a BDT-320 - not disappointed.
post #712 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukecat View Post

I don't have it yet.

This past April I started buying a new Plasma, and the PN51E8000 was the first of 3 TV's I tried.

Out of the 3, the E8000 easily had the loudest constant buzz.

the GT50 50" only had a slight buzz on bright scenes.

the VT50 55" (keeping this one) has an even slighter buzz on bright scenes - but I do seem to notice a very quiet constant 'hum' from maybe the power supply. I expect that from a TV this large though.
post #713 of 13457
Please everyone visit the custom VT50 settings thread and share your settings

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1410156
post #714 of 13457
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

Nobody seems to be talking about this. I'm curious about the 3D as well...

3D from what I have seen so far is impressive and while I did notice occasional cross-talk - it was very rare.

So far I watched Tron 3D, and half of Resident Evil Afterlife 3D.

If I were to compare Resident Evil against the GT50 50" I was recently using before the VT50 55" - there is even less ghosting and cross-talk. Overall depth and pop out were about equal.

3D is something I have grown to love.
post #715 of 13457
The 65" VT50 is incredible!! The picture looks fantastic and it's not even calibrated yet. I don't see any green blobs or banding issues. Much better than the VT30 in my opinion. I'm very happy with the TV so far.
post #716 of 13457
Just order my 65vt50 in canada 3700.00 was the best price i got .should have it in a week they said.
post #717 of 13457
I picked up my VT50 a few days ago, and have had a chance now to mess around with it, and test out my Blu-ray movies. I've been checking out Baraka with it, and it just looks stunning. Especially in THX Cinema mode.
post #718 of 13457
Went to my local best buy today, sadly they won't have the 65vt50 till end of the month. Looks like my search continues. Now to start looking at who has them online.

Also what was the word on rising blacks on last years vt30. Cnet never did finish their testing and it started to go upwards on their testing before they stopped it. I know te vt50 is a whole new drive system, but just wondering if the black level rise is still there or it's been ironed out.
post #719 of 13457
Anyone have a pointer to the vt50 infrared remote hex codes?
post #720 of 13457
3D looks great on the VT50. Low crosstalk, and in instances where I did see crosstalk, I think it has more to do with the content than the TV itself. 96Hz is not selectable in 3D mode.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread