or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread - Page 258

post #7711 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post

I am sure you will be fine. I know that if I had purchased from Value Electronics, which I considered, they would have done the same if I had asked for calibration. But buying from a local dealer, rather than one hundreds of miles away, made up for the benefits of buying from a dedicated dealer such as CP or VE, and the price worked out to be about the same.

If I can get the set for the same price as CP or VE locally, I'd really have to think hard about having a plasma shipped hundreds of miles. That really scares me! I can always get calibration scheduled with Jeff Meier on one of his road trips to Texas. Decisions, decisions...
post #7712 of 13486
I have changed 4 55vt50's and all four of them suffer from right side vertical band and random thin vertical lines across the panel. Why are you hiding this unacceptable fault by panasonic? People should know that panny sells fault tv's this year! All of the 50 series have these vertical line probs...Pitty for panny...
post #7713 of 13486
My 65VT50 doesn't.
post #7714 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post

If I can get the set for the same price as CP or VE locally, I'd really have to think hard about having a plasma shipped hundreds of miles. That really scares me! I can always get calibration scheduled with Jeff Meier on one of his road trips to Texas. Decisions, decisions...

I know that I'm a bit unusual in this regard, but I am not one who goes to great lengths to get the lowest possible price. I'm willing to pay a bit more for convenience and someone local to deal with. When I bought my Pioneer Elite receiver and BD player, I had no qualms about ordering from VE, but something like a 65" plasma TV is a bit different from my perspective. I know that VE and CP stand behind their products and offer exceptional service. But the distance is somewhat of an equalizer. If the price difference had been larger, I might have reconsidered, but it netted out about $100 and for that I'll buy local.

As for polakis, my 65VT50 doesn't have the faults you mention. I notice you are in Greece and I have read that the European models are somewhat different from what the US gets, but I would be rather astonished if all the VT50 models had the defects you describe.
post #7715 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post

I know that I'm a bit unusual in this regard, but I am not one who goes to great lengths to get the lowest possible price. I'm willing to pay a bit more for convenience and someone local to deal with. When I bought my Pioneer Elite receiver and BD player, I had no qualms about ordering from VE, but something like a 65" plasma TV is a bit different from my perspective. I know that VE and CP stand behind their products and offer exceptional service. But the distance is somewhat of an equalizer. If the price difference had been larger, I might have reconsidered, but it netted out about $100 and for that I'll buy local.
As for polakis, my 65VT50 doesn't have the faults you mention. I notice you are in Greece and I have read that the European models are somewhat different from what the US gets, but I would be rather astonished if all the VT50 models had the defects you describe.

I agree on all counts here - I'll pay a little more for local and I also have a perfect 65VT50. No issues at all (knocks on wood).
post #7716 of 13486
Thanks Jim...I have until early January to return it or whatever so maybe I'll just give it some time and see what happens. So it was a small patch that was a bit lighter than the area around it? Mine is definitely noticeable when you look just to the side of it. Did it go away gradually/fade or was it more sudden? And any ideas what it was?

If anyone else has had this issue, please let me know. I'm new to this stuff (I'm VERY comfortable with technology but just haven't upgraded much in this area) so any thoughts, ideas as to what this could be, etc. would be appreciated.

============

Original Post:
A week ago I bought a 65" VT50 and really love it. I've been doing very careful break in (no letterbox, full screen, no logos, etc.) and am 50 or so hours into it but when watching a show recently, I noticed what I think on LCDs would be considered a small section of clouding in the upper right corner. It's not noticeable when the scene is dark but when it's lighter it is noticeable. It's also definitely noticeable when a gray screen appears briefly when I turn on cable.

There is nothing on the panel (no smudging or anything), I checked...it's definitely on the inside. The rest of the panel is beautiful, no apparent differences in brightness whatsoever. BTW, I am NOT referring to variations in brightness that one can see during the anti-IR "erasing" thing...those don't bother me and they're faint. But anything that's noticeable when watching is to me unacceptable.

I was curious if anyone else had run into the same situation. Any ideas what this might be? Are there occasionally defects in VT panels? Any constructive responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and take care!
post #7717 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by polakis View Post

I have changed 4 55vt50's and all four of them suffer from right side vertical band and random thin vertical lines across the panel. Why are you hiding this unacceptable fault by panasonic? People should know that panny sells fault tv's this year! All of the 50 series have these vertical line probs...Pitty for panny...
Under what viewing conditions do you see these lines?
post #7718 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by polakis View Post

I have changed 4 55vt50's and all four of them suffer from right side vertical band and random thin vertical lines across the panel. Why are you hiding this unacceptable fault by panasonic? People should know that panny sells fault tv's this year! All of the 50 series have these vertical line probs...Pitty for panny...
Every TV made had faults, you will swap out your sets until the end of time if you are looking for a perfect unit from any manufacturer.
post #7719 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum5000 View Post

If you pan too fast at 24fps it will do the herky jerky thing, home or movie theater though. 3:2 pulldown can add another tiny layer if you don't do 24 directly.

Sometimes blu-ray may get a bit herky-jerky if your graphics card doesn't have full h.264 decoding in HW or you use a CPU-only player or something but that is it's own matter.

Maybe I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Well this is something that happens on ALL HDTV's unless they have some sort of motion smoothening on. I don't think it is a 24p - flicker thing. For instance, The Avengers (Blu-Ray, everything 1080p), when it is at that scene towards the end where they all are together (finally) and the camera is low to the ground and looking upwards to all their faces and they are all standing in a circle, and the camera is panning around them... This scene has these issues I am talking about. On some HDTV's its subtle, but just feels unnatural. On others its more ridiculous. This is the case with a lot of material (Night At The Museum, Thor, Hugo, Etc..) all usually where there is a slow to medium pan happening.

Its not a PC graphics card thing (though does LOOK like that artifact), nor a movie flicker thing.... its a HDTV motion thing. Plasma AND LCD. The VT50 in particular is subject to The Avengers one. Putting the motion smoothening setting on "Medium" solves the pan and makes it look beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinCross View Post

Folks, I apologize for posting this here since I already posted it on a separate thread, but I'll try to remove it from the separate thread as this might be the best place for it (lots of VT expertise here!):
======
A week ago I bought a 65" VT50 and really love it. I've been doing very careful break in (no letterbox, full screen, no logos, etc.) and am 50 or so hours into it but when watching a show recently, I noticed what I think on LCDs would be considered a small section of clouding in the upper right corner. It's not noticeable when the scene is dark but when it's lighter it is noticeable. It's also definitely noticeable when a gray screen appears briefly when I turn on cable.
There is nothing on the panel (no smudging or anything), I checked...it's definitely on the inside. The rest of the panel is beautiful, no apparent differences in brightness whatsoever. BTW, I am NOT referring to variations in brightness that one can see during the anti-IR "erasing" thing...those don't bother me and they're faint. But anything that's noticeable when watching is to me unacceptable.
I bought it from BB and they price matched the internet so I got a nice deal on it. It wasn't a return, it was a new unopened unit and they assured me of that. When I bought it they were also very reassuring that if I had any problems they'd make it right and exchange it, etc.
So, I'm definitely going to be taking it back but I was curious if anyone else had run into the same situation. Any ideas what this might be? Are there occasionally defects in VT panels? Any constructive responses are greatly appreciated.
Thanks, and take care!

I experienced the same during the few couple hundred hours.

It eventually went away.

I too experienced the same exact thing with mine. Towards the ending of the 200hr slide break in I did, all artifacts like that were gone, and the PQ looked better. If you remember (or have read my older posts here in this thread) I also had a bad pixel trailing issue when I ran the scroll bar thing... Now, its totally razor sharp, no trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polakis View Post

I have changed 4 55vt50's and all four of them suffer from right side vertical band and random thin vertical lines across the panel. Why are you hiding this unacceptable fault by panasonic? People should know that panny sells fault tv's this year! All of the 50 series have these vertical line probs...Pitty for panny...
I experienced this as well as the thing I mentioned above, Towards the ending of the 200hr slide break in I did, these bands disappeared, and the PQ looked better. If you remember (or have read my older posts here in this thread) I also had a bad pixel trailing issue when I ran the scroll bar thing... Now, its totally razor sharp, no trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by polakis View Post

I have changed 4 55vt50's and all four of them suffer from right side vertical band and random thin vertical lines across the panel. Why are you hiding this unacceptable fault by panasonic? People should know that panny sells fault tv's this year! All of the 50 series have these vertical line probs...Pitty for panny...
Under what viewing conditions do you see these lines?
Mine was doing it under all conditions... though in the dark it was entirely more obvious.
post #7720 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Every TV made had faults, you will swap out your sets until the end of time if you are looking for a perfect unit from any manufacturer.

I too have been having alot of troubles with this years EU models. I had 2 sets exchanged and now my dealer is refunded for the third, not because i wanted but because Panasonic deemed them irreparable. I have no clue what TV to pick now. Might sound stupid but I am still tempted to buy Panasonic as I think I am just unlucky to get bad sets and am hoping for a good one. Not a perfect one, just one without the severe errors.
post #7721 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post

My 65VT50 doesn't.

Nor does mine. And mine doesn't have this mythic image retention either.
post #7722 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

Under what viewing conditions do you see these lines?

Mine is doing it or can be seen under all conditions, but only when you are within less than a foot from the screen and more so, when you are moving around near the screen. Being stationary and looking, I can see some very faintly, but you have to look there. I've seen these on all the color slides, darker ones appear worse, but also with regular tv content up, but again, only within less than a foot from the screen and really trying to notice them. I'm hoping once I hit that 200 hr period that these will go away like someone else has mentioned that they did.
post #7723 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

I have two Darblets. They're fun but neither is in use right now.

I think fun and Darblet go well together.

It is a cool product, but it didn't produce the results for the money from my experience with it and my 65" VT50.

I actually ended up liking the picture without the Darblet better.
post #7724 of 13486
Aside from 3D, which I do not care about, is there much difference between the VT50, GT50 and the ST50 for family room (not dedicated primary home theater) viewing?
post #7725 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Nor does mine. And mine doesn't have this mythic image retention either.

Its definitely not "mythic".. my 55VT30 has the dish logo burned in.. and I just use tv for about one hour a day.. have fun when it happens to yours too.
post #7726 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerjock View Post

Can't decide between a plasma or an LED given the daytime lighting in my living room (I prefer a plasma given the issues with LED). I have attached pictures of the model home which is exactly like mine (to be built). Can I do a plasma here or is there too much light/glare from the windows? Also 60 or 65 inch? Appreciate any input.
Absolutely beautiful place man !! Wow !

A general rule of thumb in a place that nice and big -- bigger screen the better. Biggest you can afford and fit in. As far as lighting, well hopefully you wouldn't expect to view even a LCD with all them shades open during the day and every light on in the house.. This all equals poor viewing on anything with a screen, computer, iPad, even a phone for crying out loud ! That place is lit up man !

During the day, on a sunny day, close the shades closest to the living room (or any that allow sunlight to shine to the living room), and turn off or at least dim the lights inside the living room. Then that should be the "max light" you have to deal with. Take a picture of what that looks like so then we can gauge that for Plasma vs LCD.

Cause as you have it, from them pictures, I wouldn't recommend any TV, just sunglasses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerdman View Post

Aside from 3D, which I do not care about, is there much difference between the VT50, GT50 and the ST50 for family room (not dedicated primary home theater) viewing?
ISFccc calibration abilities. And if your viewing senses are acute enough, the ever so slight PQ differences. VT being best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Nor does mine. And mine doesn't have this mythic image retention either.

Its definitely not "mythic".. my 55VT30 has the dish logo burned in.. and I just use tv for about one hour a day.. have fun when it happens to yours too.
Yes, there are countless people, including myself that have a sound mind, heart, body and soul and report IR. Not only that, but there are a similar amount of cases for people that got 100% BI and returned their sets. In this thread as well for this exact TV.

So as I understand he has had no problem, I don't understand the "Myth" talk.
post #7727 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

Its definitely not "mythic".. my 55VT30 has the dish logo burned in.. and I just use tv for about one hour a day.. have fun when it happens to yours too.

It's certainly not going to happen to mine. I've used the TV for more than enough hours by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelxD View Post

Yes, there are countless people, including myself that have a sound mind, heart, body and soul and report IR. Not only that, but there are a similar amount of cases for people that got 100% BI and returned their sets. In this thread as well for this exact TV.
So as I understand he has had no problem, I don't understand the "Myth" talk.

"Countless people" ? Please.

"People that got 100% burn in" ? Please.

Myth is story based on a small fact blown out of proportion, which is exactly what you have done.

It's amazing that there are no pictures of these problems.

One thing that is absolutely certain is that to the extent they exist, they are not widespread.
post #7728 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

It's certainly not going to happen to mine. I've used the TV for more than enough hours by now.
"Countless people" ? Please.
"People that got 100% burn in" ? Please.
Myth is story based on a small fact blown out of proportion, which is exactly what you have done.
It's amazing that there are no pictures of these problems.
One thing that is absolutely certain is that to the extent they exist, they are not widespread.

What I find disturbing is people not believing others when stating facts. Is it so hard to believe for you that others might have problems that you have not. I myself have run my VT50 for about 800 hours now. I take care to prevent BI/IR. Eventhough I had the weirdest problem, after less then an hour of tv viewing the logo is stuck in there, bad. Reason enough for Panasonic to take back the set. I must admit that even though I know the VT50 is tv of the year, I still had so many problems that I am not sure what to do next in regards to choosing a new tv.

Here's your pictures. If hope you agree this is something to complain about.





post #7729 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post


"Countless people" ? Please.
Yea, as in I'm not going to go back and comb through these 259 pages to find them all, nor the other pages through the other threads/forums in which I read similar BI events. If they are truly countless, well I doubt it. So ... ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

"People that got 100% burn in" ? Please.
Yea. As in they are 100% certain it was permanent BI. As was the manufacture/store that took it back. (according to them).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Myth is story based on a small fact blown out of proportion, which is exactly what you have done.
I think thats a matter of opinion on what a "proportion" is in the first place that we then can determine if that standardized "proportion" could be considered "blown out". Right ? For me, it is not blown out of proportion. For you, maybe so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

It's amazing that there are no pictures of these problems.
So your saying everyone is lying ? Look above. Believe me, many more where that came from... Comb around with a open mind man. This is real. Maybe not for you, but for others, YES. I at least let my mind cater to both possibilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

One thing that is absolutely certain is that to the extent they exist, they are not widespread.
So far for me, it seems about 50/50. 50% of people see (or admit) they see IR. 50% don't. As far as BI, the case is definitely not as much I agree. But it is there. 20/80 ish

That said, you will be happy to know we are doing as you and nastld said and I said I would. We now ignore IR, totally. Though it is there and we see it, I no longer worry about it turning in BI, and we just ignore it. So far so good ! Your right. It just takes a while (days sometimes) to change from one IR to another or none. Once one IR is gone, there is no trace of it. So, I admit, so far you are right. In my case though. I can not speak on others. And lets admit, I need to do this for a while before I feel test has proven anything.

With that, I also think it is slowly getting better with the IR. Its like the more hours on it past 200 makes the IR not stick as much. Interesting. But again, I can not really verify this. I am just thinking this is what I see happening. And I'm happy about it. Just ironically though, we have been watching way less History Channel lately. BUT once we go into a history channel fest for a few weeks like we do sometimes, that will be something to report back to you guys on.
post #7730 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

Under what viewing conditions do you see these lines?

Under all viewing conditions in light colors and especially when the camera pans left-right...
post #7731 of 13486
My girlfriend watches a lot of E!News. Just had a green screen up and was able to pick the logo out. My first experience with IR. Cant see it during normal viewing. It could be from the beginning when I first got the TV because I watch a lot of football and haven't seen any scoreboard boxes or the like when I looked at the green screen. I'll try to get the pixel flipping disc and see if I can erase it. Don't know about anyone else but the smartviera logo stays up for a few seconds when I first turn on the tv. As my receiver turns everything on the screen goes black and the smartviera logo is static. It never has IR with that when I check for it. Just whenever I first power on the TV.
post #7732 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnoiseimage View Post

I previously had a sharp lcd and ran my pc to it from dvi to hdmi. Trying to do the same with the VT50 and the pc sees it, but the VT50 says no signal is being received. Any ideas?
I had a similar issue with my HTPC where one of the two DVI outputs would not work with a DVI->HDMI converter cable to the VT50. The other one works fine. I don't know why, and didn't investigate too much, as I have no use for using both outputs.

Also, if you are putting any device in-between the HTPC and the display, remove it and try a straight run.
post #7733 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_b View Post

When using the color slides, I can see very faint vertical lines running through the top middle of the screen about a quarter of the way down. These are very faint and I can only see them being right up to the screen.
Definitely wait to see if it clears up after 100 hours or so. When I started slides (first thing I did after unboxing), I could see fairly distinct dithering. After about 50 hours, that had mostly gone, and was invisible by 100 hours. So, as long as you are within the return period, I say give it a chance to clear up.
post #7734 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGGy View Post

Unknown to a lot of folks but a lot of your BR discs which are re-mastered have had these effect(s) applied to them during processing.
Since I don't have an actual Blu-Ray player, I have to rip every disc I buy. I have looked in great detail at 300 or so movies, and not only is there obvious post-processing, but a lot of not-so-obvious. And, I have learned how to apply some post-processing that will increase the compressability by large amounts with little to no visible effect on a moving picture. Why some studios haven't been able to do the same on every title is beyond me.

I have also learned that without control of the mandatory de-blocking in H.264, you can get wildly different pictures from different decoders (or the even the same decoder with different de-blocking parameters). This can be one reason why people with very good displays might have wildly differering reviews of the same Blu-Ray...there is no control over the de-blocking in their hardware player.
Quote:
Or I guess stay in purity land and enjoy soft looking noisy over-compressed TV, or start to do your homework and embrace what's available that could enhance your viewing experience.
It is very, very hard to do anything in real time that works for all different kinds of poor sources, especially when the processor doesn't have access to the raw MPEG data (which helps with motion recognition). A simple temporal smoother costs me 30% of rendering rate on a fast Core i7, but it does give me much better compression (which, for this sort of filter, means that some of the stray pixels that differ from frame to frame are getting fixed, which greatly improves the perceived quality). This sort of filter is very good for below-optimum-bitrate sources.

A GPU-accelerated FFT causes about the same loss of rendering rate but does an even better job at removing noise. But, I doubt that TV manufacturers will be throwing that kind of hardware at the problem, as the fan noise alone would drive many people nuts. Unfortunately, the drop in rendering rate that either of these techniques cause is enough to fall out of real-time.

As for over-compressed video, nothing can truly help it. The techniques above can solve problems with the erroneous high-frequency bits that remain after such a compression, but blocking, smearing, and loss of detail can't really be undone. A "blind" deblocker can do a little, but not enough to really help. Any sharpening without first applying some of the above types of smoothing will just exaggerate the noise without doing much for the rest of the image. With some trial and error based on experience, I can come up with a set of operations that does about as well as you can do, but again this is not something that can just be successfully applied to every source, nor will it run in real time on the sort of hardware available at reasonable prices.
post #7735 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by englechgc View Post

I can really see it on commercials that have color gradients in the background and it will divided into 3-4 bands of color. I watch using the THX Bright Room and also have tried the CNET calibration settings. We have Comcast and watch HD programming on the major channels.1.gif

I see banding on some commercials too. Rarely on any actual content, yet often on commercials.

I suspect I'll see it less post-calibration, but not never.
post #7736 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurisk View Post

What I find disturbing is people not believing others when stating facts. Is it so hard to believe for you that others might have problems that you have not. I myself have run my VT50 for about 800 hours now. I take care to prevent BI/IR. Eventhough I had the weirdest problem, after less then an hour of tv viewing the logo is stuck in there, bad. Reason enough for Panasonic to take back the set. I must admit that even though I know the VT50 is tv of the year, I still had so many problems that I am not sure what to do next in regards to choosing a new tv.
Here's your pictures. If hope you agree this is something to complain about.

Obviously, you had a problem. And Panasonic took care of you, yes? Seems like problem solved.

And seems like you had a weird problem.

From the location of that logo, that couldn't possibly be a "channel bug", so something clearly went wrong for that to get "stuck" on. I'm not sure what that logo even is. Some intertitial logo? Whatever it was, I'm glad you got it taken care of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelxD View Post

Yea, as in I'm not going to go back and comb through these 259 pages to find them all, nor the other pages through the other threads/forums in which I read similar BI events. If they are truly countless, well I doubt it. So ... ok.

You can read them or not. "Countless people" is an absurd exaggeration. All of you should get a different TV.
Quote:
Yea. As in they are 100% certain it was permanent BI. As was the manufacture/store that took it back. (according to them).

Great, so they got defective units. And / or they were trolls. Probably some of both. Probably mostly the former.
Quote:
So your saying everyone is lying ?

Never said that. Please don't put words in my mouth.
Quote:
Look above. Believe me, many more where that came from...

there you go again...
Quote:
So far for me, it seems about 50/50. 50% of people see (or admit) they see IR. 50% don't. As far as BI, the case is definitely not as much I agree. But it is there. 20/80 ish

Both of your stats are pure abject nonsense. If the real numbers were anywhere near this high, the TV would have return rates off the charts and you'd no longer see it at retail. This craziness went on last year where the Samsung people claimed "ALL THE TVs HAVE THE PEELING FILTER" when it was merely true that some small number had the peeling filter. You make the huge mistake that many on internet forums make of thinking that you can extrapolate data from the people with problems, who are overwhelmingly like to post often.
Quote:
That said, you will be happy to know we are doing as you and nastld said and I said I would. We now ignore IR, totally. Though it is there and we see it, I no longer worry about it turning in BI, and we just ignore it. So far so good ! Your right. It just takes a while (days sometimes) to change from one IR to another or none. Once one IR is gone, there is no trace of it. So, I admit, so far you are right. In my case though. I can not speak on others. And lets admit, I need to do this for a while before I feel test has proven anything.
With that, I also think it is slowly getting better with the IR. Its like the more hours on it past 200 makes the IR not stick as much. Interesting. But again, I can not really verify this. I am just thinking this is what I see happening. And I'm happy about it. Just ironically though, we have been watching way less History Channel lately. BUT once we go into a history channel fest for a few weeks like we do sometimes, that will be something to report back to you guys on.

I actually thought you should return the TV, not ignore the IR. Maybe that's not an option for you, which I guess is too bad.

I think you should be 100% happy with your TV, and you are not.
Edited by rogo - 11/23/12 at 4:18pm
post #7737 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Obviously, you had a problem. And Panasonic took care of you, yes? Seems like problem solved.
And seems like you had a weird problem.
From the location of that logo, that couldn't possibly be a "channel bug", so something clearly went wrong for that to get "stuck" on. I'm not sure what that logo even is. Some intertitial logo? Whatever it was, I'm glad you got it taken care of.

Yes, they did take care of it, by sending a new tv, which was also defective. Today they are going to pickup the replacement of the replacement and refunding my dealer. So it is hard to pick a new tv, I am inclined to buy another VT50, I mean how many times can I get a defective unit? Regarding the logo, it is a tv channel logo for a Dutch tv channel.
post #7738 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post

Definitely wait to see if it clears up after 100 hours or so. When I started slides (first thing I did after unboxing), I could see fairly distinct dithering. After about 50 hours, that had mostly gone, and was invisible by 100 hours. So, as long as you are within the return period, I say give it a chance to clear up.

Well I contacted my dealer and apparently I don't have a return period, probably because my first VT50 I had for 4 months and got replaced. So if anything, I'll have to contact Panasonic again, have them look at it, and if they see it, have them issue another replacement or fix it. I can still see these vertical lines on the color slides as of this morning. I'm probably around 70 hours now on the tv. Again, I can really only see these from about a foot away. From viewing distance I can't at all. From just over a foot, I can faintly make them out, but it's difficult. On the plus side, I checked during normal programming last night again, and there was no trace of them at all. I couldn't make them out even from within a foot during normal viewing, so they might be clearing up.
post #7739 of 13486
Has anyone posted the setting for 3D yet?
post #7740 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_Ballard View Post

Has anyone posted the setting for 3D yet?

You can give these a shot...

http://www.hometheater.com/content/panasonic-tc-p65vt50-3d-plasma-hdtv-settings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread