or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread - Page 285

post #8521 of 13486
For the 3D glasses I just tried to order the glasses from sears.com and they were out of them about an hour ago. I went to my local best buy and they priced matched them with no problems.
post #8522 of 13486
Received my 65VT50 on the weekend, a replacement to a 65ES8000 - what difference - perfect panel - uniform brightness, no dead/stuck pixels/finish is flawless !!! Needless to say I should have stuck with my original choice of the VT50 and not gone through the hassle of getting the samsung and then having to exchange it.

Made one mistake though, forgot to write down the serial number before hanging the VT50 - is there a way to get the serial number from the menus in the TV - if there is a way, please let me know.

smile.gif
post #8523 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakish_giant View Post

Received my 65VT50 on the weekend, a replacement to a 65ES8000 - what difference - perfect panel - uniform brightness, no dead/stuck pixels/finish is flawless !!! Needless to say I should have stuck with my original choice of the VT50 and not gone through the hassle of getting the samsung and then having to exchange it.
Made one mistake though, forgot to write down the serial number before hanging the VT50 - is there a way to get the serial number from the menus in the TV - if there is a way, please let me know.
smile.gif

Do you still have the box ? Usually on there
post #8524 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakish_giant View Post

Received my 65VT50 on the weekend, a replacement to a 65ES8000 - what difference - perfect panel - uniform brightness, no dead/stuck pixels/finish is flawless !!! Needless to say I should have stuck with my original choice of the VT50 and not gone through the hassle of getting the samsung and then having to exchange it.
Made one mistake though, forgot to write down the serial number before hanging the VT50 - is there a way to get the serial number from the menus in the TV - if there is a way, please let me know.
smile.gif

The serial number is on a sticker on the back of the TV.
post #8525 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoking085 View Post

Hello everyone, first post here in the forums. I currently have a 65" vt50 and wanted to know if anyone is experiencing the same issue I woke up to this morning. Refer to photo shown below sorry tried taking with my phone but due to the angle it's hard so see.

When you look left of the screen you can see it when you also look from the right of the screen you can see it as we'll. But from top top bottom and vise versa it does not show up at all. When you "gently" touch the area with a cloth the spot spreads out in the direction your wiping it. Turned tv off for 10 minutes and its gone now. Front glass seems warped "wavy" from side views. To clarify tv was only on for 2 hours this morning till noticing && over 100hours on set.
Video ---below
http://s1293.beta.photobucket.com/user/Mgarza85/media/IMG_0378.mp4.html


Have you talked to Panasonic? I have the same thing on my display. I only noticed it when viewing way off to the side with my calibration grayscale white image.
post #8526 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

The serial number is on a sticker on the back of the TV.

Also on a sticker on the side of the box in which the TV is shipped.
Edited by DWBoston - 12/24/12 at 8:25am
post #8527 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBoston View Post

Also on a sticker on the side of the box in which the TV is shipped.

Yes, that's been mentioned. In my case the delivery personnel took the packing material away, so it was helpful to know there was a sticker on the back of the TV with the serial.
post #8528 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Yes, that's been mentioned. In my case the delivery personnel took the packing material away, so it was helpful to know there was a sticker on the back of the TV with the serial.

Doesn't do much for the guy who's already hung it on the wall though. smile.gif
post #8529 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWBoston View Post

Doesn't do much for the guy who's already hung it on the wall though. smile.gif

Knowing is half the battle.
post #8530 of 13486
Can someone who has/had a VT30 tell me is it worth the upgrade to the VT50? I never liked the VT30.. I still get FBR issues when using standard mode, and I can never get the PQ right even after calibration. Lastly, can someone tell me the best distance sitting from a 65" and 55"
Thanks
post #8531 of 13486
Mine actually had a serial number sticker on the end so I did not have to take it down to register.
post #8532 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtjim57 View Post

Mine actually had a serial number sticker on the end so I did not have to take it down to register.

Yes, check the right edge of the TV - my GT50 has the serial number sticker on the side and is clearly visible from that side. If you can't see it or it's not there, maybe try a small makeup mirror or dental mirror or a telescoping automotive mechanic's mirror to see the sticker on the back.
post #8533 of 13486
Thanks, I will check the sides of the TV and/or box. I was hoping there was a way to get the panel to display the serial number through the menu system in the event it is on the back.
post #8534 of 13486
Looks like my vt50 is winning my family chrisrmas party shootout. I have a es8000 in my living room and vt50 is my ht room in the basement. All the superb comments are about the vt50. In fact one family member said about the vt50 that it was much better than my old tv upstairs. Lol I had to tell him the es8000 is a brand new led. Really shows how good the vt50 is. Truly a superb tv.
post #8535 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

Can someone who has/had a VT30 tell me is it worth the upgrade to the VT50? I never liked the VT30.. I still get FBR issues when using standard mode, and I can never get the PQ right even after calibration. Lastly, can someone tell me the best distance sitting from a 65" and 55"
Thanks

Definitely worth the upgrade. I had a Pioneer Elite Kuro and wanted something a bit bigger and 3d, so I bought a Panasonic VT30 (65"). I could never get the picture quality the way I wanted, of course I was trying to get as close to the Kuro as possible but just couldn't come anywhere close. The closest I could get was in Custom mode but that had really bad issues with the FBR issue, even though the tv had the software upgrade. I sold the VT30 after 4 months as I had enough with it and after reading all the positives on the VT50 I bought one of those, only the 55" though (needed to downgrade as I'm moving into a smaller place). The VT50 is way better then the VT30. PQ is stunning, no FBR issues at all, black levels either equal or as close to the Kuro as you can get. At least my blacks blend right into the bezel, and the design of the tv itself is way better then the VT30. You won't regret upgrading if that's what you decide to do.
post #8536 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakish_giant View Post

Received my 65VT50 on the weekend, a replacement to a 65ES8000 - what difference - perfect panel - uniform brightness, no dead/stuck pixels/finish is flawless !!! Needless to say I should have stuck with my original choice of the VT50 and not gone through the hassle of getting the samsung and then having to exchange it.
Made one mistake though, forgot to write down the serial number before hanging the VT50 - is there a way to get the serial number from the menus in the TV - if there is a way, please let me know.
smile.gif

Yeah I have a es8000 edge lit led in my living room, and the vt50 smokes it. There is no comparison. Only reason I have it is for my bright living room and everyday casual tv watching. The vt50 is my HT tv for more superior critical movie watching.
post #8537 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakish_giant View Post

Thanks, I will check the sides of the TV and/or box. I was hoping there was a way to get the panel to display the serial number through the menu system in the event it is on the back.

MIght be an option in the service menu not sure
post #8538 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

If you can't see it or it's not there, maybe try a small makeup mirror or dental mirror or a telescoping automotive mechanic's mirror to see the sticker on the back.
The sticker on the back is dead center at the top, just below a group of vent holes, so it's about 12" or so from the top. Put your cell phone back there and snap a picture.
post #8539 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post

The sticker on the back is dead center at the top, just below a group of vent holes, so it's about 12" or so from the top. Put your cell phone back there and snap a picture.


Found it, directly on the right edge of the TV - easy enough.

Thanks.
post #8540 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt989 View Post

I prefer the 96hz setting for my 1080p/24 blu ray playback.

+1
post #8541 of 13486
Day 2 with my new 65VT50 and I am in love, this set is so incredible and sexy that I am floored just watching movies and football on it.

Does anyone have any recommended settings for gaming with xbox and ps3?

Game Mode is horrible in my opinion.
post #8542 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

Does anyone have any recommended settings for gaming with xbox and ps3?
Game Mode is horrible in my opinion.

good thinking... I just posted about this in the VT50 Settings Thread... smile.gif
post #8543 of 13486
What causes the audio out on my VT50 output to change from "Home Theater" to "TV" when the TV is turned off, then turned back on? I have it set under Viera Link to Home Theater since I'm using ARC and my receiver. Every time when I turn the tv back on, it has somehow switched to "TV" for the audio output. What could be causing this?

Ok, turned the receiver and TV on this morning, and the TV audio out was set to TV AGAIN! Someone else has to have this problem!
Edited by kctay - 12/25/12 at 8:21am
post #8544 of 13486
Does anyone else who owns a Panasonic TC-P65VT50 notice flicker especially during white scenes?

I picked-up my TC-P65VT50 last Friday and don't get me wrong, it is a stunning television.

But, I'm really noticing the flicker. I even went back to the store and it has the same flicker issues.

I can't be the only person noticing this...

If the flicker proves to be too much does anyone have any recommendations for a comparably sized screen in the same price range?
post #8545 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

Can someone who has/had a VT30 tell me is it worth the upgrade to the VT50? I never liked the VT30.. I still get FBR issues when using standard mode, and I can never get the PQ right even after calibration. Lastly, can someone tell me the best distance sitting from a 65" and 55"
Thanks
The VT50 is a better panel. You would notice a nice gain in performance. I guess it depends how deep your pockets are in the end.
post #8546 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX View Post

Does anyone else who owns a Panasonic TC-P65VT50 notice flicker especially during white scenes?
I picked-up my TC-P65VT50 last Friday and don't get me wrong, it is a stunning television.
But, I'm really noticing the flicker. I even went back to the store and it has the same flicker issues.
I can't be the only person noticing this...
If the flicker proves to be too much does anyone have any recommendations for a comparably sized screen in the same price range?

Seriously? Nothing in 2012 compares to this panel.. I have no problems with the picture, it is unreal.
post #8547 of 13486
The picture is fantastic, thats for sure. Some of the led fanboys actually think their edge lit led tv is better than the vt50. Its hilarious. The vt50 is un matched for this year. Only TV that can replace my 9G kuro.
post #8548 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by kctay View Post

I don't see that anyone ever answered this question for you. I too am having problems grasping how ARC works exactly. I have my blueray, and set top cable box hooked up to my ARC compatible receiver via HDMI, then HDMI out to the TV. So say if I'm watching cable tv, so my receiver HDMI input is set to "Cable", but then I want to watch Netflix from the TV menu, what do I set the receiver to for Audio to get audio on my receiver from my tv via ARC? If I leave the receiver on "Cable", with Netflix selected from the TV menu, I still hear the cable box audio. I'm not sure where to post this question exactly.
Verizon fios set top box
Panasonic Blueray 3D
P65VT50 TV
Yamaha RX-V373 Receiver

I was able to resolve this issue but setting my HDMI control on my AVR to ON. This now allows that VT50 audio to play through the receiver. In the Vt50 settings, I turned the audio output to 'Theater' and turned the TV speakers off.

Now on my receiver, all I have to do is select TV Audio and I'm all set.

Thanks to JDSmoothie for the guidance.

Hope this helps.
post #8549 of 13486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt989 View Post

The picture is fantastic, thats for sure. Some of the led fanboys actually think their edge lit led tv is better than the vt50. Its hilarious. The vt50 is un matched for this year. Only TV that can replace my 9G kuro.

Sounds like a winner!!
post #8550 of 13486
The input lag on the 65VT50 is much worst then last years VT30

It is bad in anything but game mode and game mode looks horrible.

Very dissapointed. Moving around xbox 360 menues lags compared to how fast it is on game mode. Very dissapointed as a gamer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread