or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 339

post #10141 of 10457
Thanks for the link. In Northern California there are only two dealers that can repair but they are "Self Servicing Dealer Only" which means that they only repair products bought in their stores. My next closest one is in Los Angeles that are "Service Centers" that are able to take my product. There are a couple of them but I don't know which one I should send it to. I'll have to do some research.
post #10142 of 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalkilla408 View Post

Thanks for the link. In Northern California there are only two dealers that can repair but they are "Self Servicing Dealer Only" which means that they only repair products bought in their stores. My next closest one is in Los Angeles that are "Service Centers" that are able to take my product. There are a couple of them but I don't know which one I should send it to. I'll have to do some research.

Not to take over the thread, but call them just in case. One place was listed as service only, but would repair any unit, and another had dropped Denon support a year ago. If you do have to go outside of driving range, one of the other shops may still accept shipped units, and shipping to So. Cali is prob still cheaper than NJ.

Good luck.
post #10143 of 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalkilla408 View Post

I just called Denon and they don't have any repair shops that are sure to take my product for repairs. IF they don't take it then I have to ship this product to them. From California all the way to NJ is going to cost me at least $40+ to ship it! Can't believe I have to go through all this trouble for this product. Terrible customer service that they won't even pay for shipping when it just died on me less than a year. mad.gif

Before taking (or shipping) the AVR to a closer repair facility than PanurgyOEM, NJ, it would also be wise to get some kind of estimate of turn around time as some small local shops have been known to take weeks to over a month to get the unit repaired (sometimes due to their own backlog and other times due to waiting on parts to be shipped from Denon), whereas turn around from PanurgyOEM is generally only 1-2 weeks.
post #10144 of 10457
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005HKIDF2?vs=1

My 1713 only has one USB in. I use it to sync my ipod for playing music. I also have a small USB powered cooling fan that I want to plug into the receiver so it turns on only when in use. The fan is very low power. Will the attached adapter work for this application?

Any Suggestions?
post #10145 of 10457
I have a 3313CI, but I think this is the same. When you turn your receiver off, it goes into stand-by mode if you have either the HDMI pass-through enabled or the network interface enabled (I think it's those two things). You can tell it is in stand-by mode because the little light next to the power button goes from green to red. When it is off, the light goes completely out.

Okay, all that was to say that the USB port is powered while the receiver is in stand-by mode. If you hook up a fan to this, it will be running all the time if you use either of the above features.

I'm not 100% sure, so double check (or perhaps someone else can confirm).

There are cooling fans which run based on the ambient temperature. That may be better for you. They come on when it is hot in the cabinet regardless of whether the machine is on or not. A little Google searching will go a long way here.
post #10146 of 10457
^^
You are correct, however, note that the AVR is only OFF when you unplug the power cord, otherwise it is either in Standby (no light), Standby w/HDMI Control (light), or Standby w/IP Control (light).
post #10147 of 10457
Yes, but when it's in "standby with no light" is the USB port still powered? It was my understanding that it was not and this was the point I was trying to make.

Thanks for clarifying.
post #10148 of 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Before taking (or shipping) the AVR to a closer repair facility than PanurgyOEM, NJ, it would also be wise to get some kind of estimate of turn around time as some small local shops have been known to take weeks to over a month to get the unit repaired (sometimes due to their own backlog and other times due to waiting on parts to be shipped from Denon), whereas turn around from PanurgyOEM is generally only 1-2 weeks.

Good point. The place I took mine garuntees a 1 week diagnosis and 2 week turn around for warranty items barring back ordered parts. That might not be the norm.

I got my reciever back with a new digital board and it's working like a gem. 1 week drop off to pick up. Props to Approved Audio in CT and Denon for an easy warranty situation.
post #10149 of 10457
Anybody know if you can use the accessories from the 3312ci with the 3313ci, such as the loop antenna, remote control, and mic (i think the third or fourth post mentioned that the mics are interchangeable)? Thank you.
post #10150 of 10457
Thread Starter 
Yes. Shouldn't be a problem. The mic is the same and basic accessories like antennas are generic.

A few buttons on the remote won't work (like CH Level and Source Select) and you are missing a couple of new buttons (Info and Option) but everything else should work fine.
post #10151 of 10457
Spotify Connect... anyone know if a firmware for avr 3313 update supporting this is planned, or if we somehow can request it. I have been rejected everytime I write Denon because im from another country, but Danish Denon are only distributors / selling it, are not ones to ask.

Would like to have Spotify Connect.

http://news.spotify.com/us/connect/

Guessing it's GUI is better than Denon Remote app, cause it sucks.

AFAIK the app is the same on all devices, developed by Spotify, to make Things more alike

Here's a pic of GUI on ipad

http://clotheshorse.org/news/spotify-connect-allows-streaming-to-any-compatible-speaker

Bye
post #10152 of 10457
Strange issue with my AVR-2113ci that has been working great for a year. I went to turn it off last night using my Harmony 650 and it would not power off. I tried the Denon remote and when I hit the remote power button the AVR cycles Main Zhone Off>>Main Zhone On>>Main Zhone Off, etc, but does not power off the AVR. When I use the AVR power button the same thing happens.

Any ideas? I will try a microprocessor reset this weekend when I have more time but wondered if this has happened to anyone else. I also unplugged the AVR for 8 hours last night but the problem persists.
post #10153 of 10457
^^
Zone 2 is set to ON so set it to OFF.
post #10154 of 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by erling1000 View Post

Spotify Connect... anyone know if a firmware for avr 3313 update supporting this is planned, or if we somehow can request it. I have been rejected everytime I write Denon because im from another country, but Danish Denon are only distributors / selling it, are not ones to ask.

Would like to have Spotify Connect.

http://news.spotify.com/us/connect/

Guessing it's GUI is better than Denon Remote app, cause it sucks.

AFAIK the app is the same on all devices, developed by Spotify, to make Things more alike

Here's a pic of GUI on ipad

http://clotheshorse.org/news/spotify-connect-allows-streaming-to-any-compatible-speaker

Bye

As Spotify is already available on the XX13 models, there will be no update for Spotify Connect, rather look for it to possibly be on the new 2014 models.
post #10155 of 10457
Ever since the last Firmware update I've been having Airplay issues with my AVR-1713. Airplay will work fine at first. But if I pause the Airplay and then try to unpause, I get an error saying Airplay device in use. I have to power off and on to get AIrplay to work again. Any suggestions?
post #10156 of 10457
Hi

I'm just wondering if anybody has any idea what is wrong in my setup. I have a denon 2313 (the EU version with preouts for 7.1 sound, the US 2313CI doesn't have this). I recently purchased an integrated amplifier to connect my front two speakers to. But when I connect the amplifier to the AVR there's nothing coming to the speakers.

I tried everything, went through all the settings but nothing seems to work. I get sound on my center, surround and sub. But nothing on the fronts.

If I go into setup menu, and turn on the test pink noise, the front speakers produce sound.

What could be the reason for this ? I tried to do the audessey setup again, but I get an error, that no speakers are connected for the front channel. (It's like the AVR would shut off the preouts).

Any ideas, suggestions what to try ?

Thanks smile.gif
post #10157 of 10457
^^
Try resetting the microprocessor per the instructions in post #5 of this thread (or the back of your Owner's manual).
post #10158 of 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacdo05 View Post

Ever since the last Firmware update I've been having Airplay issues with my AVR-1713. Airplay will work fine at first. But if I pause the Airplay and then try to unpause, I get an error saying Airplay device in use. I have to power off and on to get AIrplay to work again. Any suggestions?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq#user_L2
post #10159 of 10457
Hi,

I've just tried reseting the avr. When it went iinto speaker calibration, there was test sound comming from the front two speakers (connected via preout and my integrated amp). But when I listen to music, radio or watch a movie. There's just pure silence on the two fronts.

Any ideas?

Thanks, S
post #10160 of 10457
Thread Starter 
Did you change the Amp Assign setting?
post #10161 of 10457
No, i haven't changed them. It is set to zone2. You think I should change the setting ?

Please note, that I have the eu version of the 2313 (with 7.1 preouts).

Thanks smile.gif
post #10162 of 10457
Thread Starter 
No I don't, I was just reaching for a possible explanation (for example there are some settings like Front B which might mute the front 2 main speakers in stereo listening modes because it assumes you have an alternate pair of "B" speakers connected). If Amp Assign is on the default Zone2 there should be no funny stuff, that's the correct setting for a standard 5.1 setup.

The pre-outs should always be "hot" and there are no special settings in the receiver to activate them. So I'm beginning to suspect a faulty receiver.

Can you test some of the other pre-outs, e.g. hooking the external amp and speakers up to the surrounds? Forget about Audyssey for now, just reset the receiver and do basic listening (test tones and content).
post #10163 of 10457
Hi,

Ii've just tried the remaining preouts. Still the same story as before.
post #10164 of 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacdo05 View Post

Ever since the last Firmware update I've been having Airplay issues with my AVR-1713. Airplay will work fine at first. But if I pause the Airplay and then try to unpause, I get an error saying Airplay device in use. I have to power off and on to get AIrplay to work again. Any suggestions?

I'm getting the same error with my 1713...
post #10165 of 10457
Update

I figured out what was causing my tweeters to hiss and output intermittent static noise. All along I thought my avr1713 was the culprit (and was about to contact denon for repair) when the culprit was my darbee darblet. I removed it from my set up and havent heard the hiss or static for a month now. Has anyone experienced this before?

Plugging the darbee on a different outlet did not help eliminate the noise, so i removed it.
post #10166 of 10457
^^
I use a Darbee Darblet and have never experienced this issue, although it could be as a result of a defective Darbee power supply as I did have to replace mine when it went out. You may want to post of your experience in the Darbee thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet/0_100
post #10167 of 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepS View Post

Hi,

Ii've just tried the remaining preouts. Still the same story as before.

Meaning no audio at all when a source is playing but there is audio when the test tone is playing? Have you tried all surround modes when connected to the FL/FR pre-outs?
post #10168 of 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacdo05 View Post

Ever since the last Firmware update I've been having Airplay issues with my AVR-1713. Airplay will work fine at first. But if I pause the Airplay and then try to unpause, I get an error saying Airplay device in use. I have to power off and on to get AIrplay to work again. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierboy View Post

I'm getting the same error with my 1713...

Suggest you guys call Denon to report your issue so it gets registered.
post #10169 of 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
I use a Darbee Darblet and have never experienced this issue, although it could be as a result of a defective Darbee power supply as I did have to replace mine when it went out. You may want to post of your experience in the Darbee thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet/0_100

Why did you have to replace yours?

Id like to try a new power supply, where did you buy your replacement? Ebay?
post #10170 of 10457
^^
It just stopped working one day, but I was still within 90 day warranty so Darbee replaced the power adapter.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ