or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 340

post #10171 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveddie81 View Post



Id like to try a new power supply, where did you buy your replacement? Ebay?

The PS was missing in the box when I bought mine. I bought this one and haven't had any problems with it.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GEPD6U/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #10172 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

The PS was missing in the box when I bought mine. I bought this one and haven't had any problems with it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GEPD6U/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks man. Just purchased one.
post #10173 of 10468
question about connecting 7.1 to 2113CI.

I currently have 5.1 setup and was reading through BATPIG's FAQ on the options for a 7.1 system but from what i read, i got it was either 5.1 zone A and zone B for 2 channels OR 7.1 but the 2 surround back speakers would need a preamp using the pre-out output on the receiver. Am i understanding it correct?

I just want to connect all 7.1 speakers to my receiver. It is a 7.1 receiver after all. And can i use regular speaker wires or do i need an RCA cable which i also read on this forum?

Sorry still kinda new to this but i just want to know what i need in order to experience the full 7.1 sound.
post #10174 of 10468
^^
The 2113CI is a 7CH model and as is the case with all the 7CH models the unit can power up to 7 speakers. You can run either 5.1/Zone 2 (default) or 7.1. For a 7.1 setup, set the Amp Assign setting (p. 86 OM) to "Surround Back" and run Audyssey again to EQ the new speakers and you're good to go. smile.gif
post #10175 of 10468
Hello all... I have a 3313 and I did not get a video output anymore! There is no video signal coming from the receiver. I did a microprocessor reset but no luck! I tried Monitor1 and Monitor2, and make sure the HDMI Control option is set. Also changed HDMI cable but no success. Blu-ray or setup box direct to display is OK.

Now my receiver is useless...mad.gif

Anyone can help ?

Thank you

Fred
post #10176 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Meaning no audio at all when a source is playing but there is audio when the test tone is playing? Have you tried all surround modes when connected to the FL/FR pre-outs?

I've send my unit back to the dealer, talking on the phone with them, they didn't had any idea what could be the reason. Will see if they can figure out what could be the problem.

The Denon did shut down once during operation when connected to the amp, and went into safe mode. (The power light was blinking in 0,5s intervals ... ) eek.gif
post #10177 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFred View Post

Hello all... I have a 3313 and I did not get a video output anymore! There is no video signal coming from the receiver. I did a microprocessor reset but no luck! I tried Monitor1 and Monitor2, and make sure the HDMI Control option is set. Also changed HDMI cable but no success. Blu-ray or setup box direct to display is OK.

Now my receiver is useless...mad.gif

Anyone can help ?

Thank you

Fred

I've had similar problems once. Tried everything and all possible connections on my 2313. In the end I hooked the unit to my TV with better HDMI cables (from noname I went to Profigold cables) and did a software update at the same time. And since then, never had problems with picture...

Only preouts are causing me troubles nowadays...
post #10178 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepS View Post

I've had similar problems once. Tried everything and all possible connections on my 2313. In the end I hooked the unit to my TV with better HDMI cables (from noname I went to Profigold cables) and did a software update at the same time. And since then, never had problems with picture...

Only preouts are causing me troubles nowadays...

My 3313 got the last firmwire update and got good quality hdmi cable.
post #10179 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
The 2113CI is a 7CH model and as is the case with all the 7CH models the unit can power up to 7 speakers. You can run either 5.1/Zone 2 (default) or 7.1. For a 7.1 setup, set the Amp Assign setting (p. 86 OM) to "Surround Back" and run Audyssey again to EQ the new speakers and you're good to go. smile.gif

Thanks for the clarification. I'll try it out. Do i just use normal speaker wires as well for the surround back speakers or do i need to get RCA cables?

This is what i got from batpigworld's understanding zones.

"Option 2: The second option (and your only option if you are running 7.1 in the main zone) is to connect an external amplifier to the “ZONE 2 OUT” pre-outs on the back of your AVR. You will use standard RCA cables (red/white analog) to connect from the Zone 2 pre-outs to the inputs of your external amplifier. In this setup, the external amp will provide the power and (with most setups) volume control for the Zone 2 speakers."
post #10180 of 10468
Speakers are connected using speaker wire. Line-level audio (as well as other things) are connected using RCA cables.

You want to use speaker wire.
post #10181 of 10468
Thread Starter 
I don't understand what's not clear about what I wrote. It has absolutely nothing to do with connecting main zone speakers (like surround backs). That entire post is discussing how to connect ZONE speakers, and that quote as the rest of the post is in reference to the ZONE 2 speakers, not the surround back speakers. There aren't even pre-outs for the surround back channels so connecting with RCA isn't an option, even if you wanted to.

The point is that IF you are runnning 7 channels in the main zone, you are out of amps and have nothing left to assing to another zone. I don't know how you interpreted that to mean that you couldn't use those amps to power surround back speakers in the main zone confused.gif
post #10182 of 10468
here's a strange thing i just noticed occurring

while playing built in pandora the picture on the tv goes black every 40-60 seconds for a couple of seconds then comes back, theres no other indications anywhere, it keeps playing just fine, but picture goes black
post #10183 of 10468

I have a AVR-1913 which would get stuck on Authenticating...when I disconnected all the HDMI cables it updated successfully...thank you for the tip...why doesn't Denon advise to do this or I am missing something...Denon support does not appear to be very helpful...

post #10184 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by spager View Post

Oops replied to wrong poster. If all is working fine for you then there is no reason to turn off Anynet+ to off.

A belated thank you for the post. I still have the "problem" with the 2 volume indicators. My TV is a Sharp Aquos Quattron 1080P-240Hz Model: LC-60LE845U.
My "Audio" GUI is grayed out when menu is pressed, so not able to access that.
Thanks again for your help.

Lyle
post #10185 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFred View Post

Hello all... I have a 3313 and I did not get a video output anymore! There is no video signal coming from the receiver. I did a microprocessor reset but no luck! I tried Monitor1 and Monitor2, and make sure the HDMI Control option is set. Also changed HDMI cable but no success. Blu-ray or setup box direct to display is OK.

Now my receiver is useless...mad.gif

Anyone can help ?

Thank you

Fred

Try a few more microprocessor resets and as SheepS suggested, try replacing the HDMI cables as just because they work when the source is connected to the TV does not necessarily mean they will work when connected to the AVR. If there was a recent storm or voltage surge, either could have blown out the HDMI board so if replacing the cables does not work, repair is your next best option.
post #10186 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouka View Post

here's a strange thing i just noticed occurring

while playing built in pandora the picture on the tv goes black every 40-60 seconds for a couple of seconds then comes back, theres no other indications anywhere, it keeps playing just fine, but picture goes black

Could be an issue with the video card. Is the Audio Display (p. 109 OM) set the mfr default of 30 sec? Try setting it to ALWAYS and see if the issue still presents. If yes, the unplug the unit for 10 minutes and see if that doesn't resolve the issue.
post #10187 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob98031 View Post

I have a AVR-1913 which would get stuck on Authenticating...when I disconnected all the HDMI cables it updated successfully...thank you for the tip...why doesn't Denon advise to do this or I am missing something...Denon support does not appear to be very helpful...

Agreed. There should be a lessons learned guide that all of the reps are required to read and understand prior to providing assistance. Sadly, this is not the case. frown.gif
post #10188 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by parlyle View Post

A belated thank you for the post. I still have the "problem" with the 2 volume indicators. My TV is a Sharp Aquos Quattron 1080P-240Hz Model: LC-60LE845U.
My "Audio" GUI is grayed out when menu is pressed, so not able to access that.
Thanks again for your help.

Lyle

You can also set the Volume Display on the AVR (p. 108 OM) to OFF.
post #10189 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Could be an issue with the video card. Is the Audio Display (p. 109 OM) set the mfr default of 30 sec? Try setting it to ALWAYS and see if the issue still presents. If yes, the unplug the unit for 10 minutes and see if that doesn't resolve the issue.

well in 2 min of listening i haven't noticed it doing it, hopefully thats what it was, check it more/longer another time

thanks
post #10190 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

You can also set the Volume Display on the AVR (p. 108 OM) to OFF.

Thanks for the super quick reply JD. ( I am amazed at your ability to be all places on this forum at all times ) As I was looking over solutions for other tv's I noticed a similarity of getting rid of the tv volume indicator by turning off "HDMI-CEC". I went to the "Aquos LInk" setup and it was ON. Turned it OFF and the indicator went away.
Another problem solved with help of this great forum............

Thanks

Lyle
post #10191 of 10468
^^
The same advice I gave you when you originally asked the question back on June 8 ....wink.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409431/the-official-denon-avr-xx13-model-owners-thread-faq/8100_100#post_23406012
post #10192 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

^^
The same advice I gave you when you originally asked the question back on June 8 ....wink.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409431/the-official-denon-avr-xx13-model-owners-thread-faq/8100_100#post_23406012

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have at least a good short term memory. Not great, just good. I stand corrected.............
Carry on........
post #10193 of 10468
I just changed my setup here by adding an Oppo 103D into the mix.
I have a DirecTV DVR and a Roku 3 going into the Oppo.
I have the output of the Oppo going into my Denon 3313 on HDMI 1.
Monitor 1 output from the Denon is going to my Panasonic 55ST50.

I have one issue that is driving me crazy.
I was originally using HDMI 1 as the input on the Panny.
When I re-cabled everything I started using HDMI 2 on the plasma to use ARC.
However, now every time I turn on the Denon, it switches the input on the TV back to HDMI 1.
Arrgghh.

How do I get it to stop doing this?
It's driving me nuts and really pissing off my wife.
post #10194 of 10468
Hi, I am having a problem with my Denon 2113 receiver. Although the issue could be with the Pioneer BDP 150K connected to it.

When I put a SACD hybrid (with both stereo and multichannel/surround on it) I can only hear the stereo part, and Denon 2113 does not show any 'multichannel' info on its display.
Still, I remember that, some months ago, when putting the same SACDs on it, I got the multichannel sound right.
Any idea why is this happening?

Note: this only happens with SACDs on multichannel. If I put a BR disk into the Pioneer, the Denon 2113 will correctly indicate DTS HD MA on its display. Also if I put a DVD with Dolby Digital movie on it - I get the correct sound, both on speakers and on the Denon display.
post #10195 of 10468
^^
The 2113Ci cannot pass bitstream DSD so you'll have to set the Pioneer BDP to PCM.
post #10196 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg47x View Post

I just changed my setup here by adding an Oppo 103D into the mix.
I have a DirecTV DVR and a Roku 3 going into the Oppo.
I have the output of the Oppo going into my Denon 3313 on HDMI 1.
Monitor 1 output from the Denon is going to my Panasonic 55ST50.

I have one issue that is driving me crazy.
I was originally using HDMI 1 as the input on the Panny.
When I re-cabled everything I started using HDMI 2 on the plasma to use ARC.
However, now every time I turn on the Denon, it switches the input on the TV back to HDMI 1.
Arrgghh.

How do I get it to stop doing this?
It's driving me nuts and really pissing off my wife.

Normally when HDMI(ARC) is enabled the AVR will switch to the "TV" input. If the HDMI output from the AVR is only connected to HDMI 2 on the TV, then not sure why the TV would be switching to HDMI 1. Try powering off and unplugging the TV and the AVR for 10 minutes. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then you'll likely want to disable VieraLink on the TV and HDMI Control on the AVR and instead connect an optical cable from the TV to the AVR.
post #10197 of 10468
Oh I see, oops. Looks like I better had bought the 450 version frown.gif
Is that PCM standard worse (sound quality-wise) than the DSD?
OK thanks for the help, I'm gonna switch to PCM.
post #10198 of 10468
^^
No, there should not be any noticeable difference either way.
post #10199 of 10468
OK, I did switch to PCM on BDP settings, but the result is still the same - no multichannel showing on the Denon display and also no sound on surround speakers. Is there a setting that I should change on the Denon 2113 too?

Note: I do get the 'multi in' indication on the Denon 2113 display (and the corresponding correct sound on all speakers) while the BDP is playing multichannel content from a USB connected HDD (which contains multichannel files from a SACD). Shouldn't I get the same 'multi in' notice on Denon 2113 display while playing a multichannel SACD on the BDP?
Edited by alexandru27 - 2/18/14 at 4:59am
post #10200 of 10468
Thread Starter 
The receiver can't control the input signal. If it's not getting a multichannel input, it's not getting it. You have to look "upstream" at the source itself. Make sure settings on the player are correct and that you have actually selected the multichannel track. If you can't get it to work you might want to ask other owners of your player, as occasionally there is some bizarre setting that you might not be thinking of which is preventing the multich output. Also worth trying to reset the player.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ