or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 176

post #5251 of 10468
Yes, DD and DTS are different audio technologies; however, when they are decoded/unzipped, a PCM file is produced for each.
post #5252 of 10468
Quote:
Yes, DD and DTS are different audio technologies; however, when they are decoded/unzipped, a PCM file is produced for each.

Ok I get it now, thanks jdsmoothie for your responses. Do you notice a difference in DD or DTS as opposed to not?
post #5253 of 10468
Hooked up my old Sony progressive scan DVD player via DVD audio and Vidio in on the back of my 2113. Pushed the DVD button on the remote, has blurry, scrambled picture and no sound. I set the DVD hdmi input to "none", and turned on the dvd component input. Not sure what else to try.
Edited by Teletodd - 2/3/13 at 10:07pm
post #5254 of 10468
On the Denon remote app how come it doesn't list an accurate listing of the listening modes? Like Dolby PLII Music A-DSX(Heights) or Dolby PLIIz Height modes? I guess it does just not directly...
post #5255 of 10468
Thanks - so, hitting 75 or so for good strong sound is not as dangerous as I was thinking? 75 out of a 98 scale, i mean.
post #5256 of 10468
Well it never fails. My 3313 I bought two months ago has been flawless...until today. Super Bowl Sunday, of course, when I had 15 people over. Seems like it randomly will switch to Internet Radio mode. Then when I switch back to Cable/Satellite, the volume is at 0. I don't think it's overheating, I only had 3.0 speakers and don't play them that loud since I'm in a one bedroom apartment. I disabled all the TV and receiver functions that may affect it like HDMI control, anynet, auto standby (even though I never had a problem with them before). Any ideas what the problem is?
post #5257 of 10468
Does anyone know what the 3313 is rated at all 7 channels driven? or if 4 channels were driven?
post #5258 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

On the Denon remote app how come it doesn't list an accurate listing of the listening modes? Like Dolby PLII Music A-DSX(Heights) or Dolby PLIIz Height modes? I guess it does just not directly...

Surround modes will only display when appropriate for your current speaker configuration. Are you using Front Height speakers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Does anyone know what the 3313 is rated at all 7 channels driven? or if 4 channels were driven?

The 3312CI tested at 80W @ 0.1% THD with 7CH driven so the 3313CI would likely do the same.
post #5259 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSolar View Post

Well it never fails. My 3313 I bought two months ago has been flawless...until today. Super Bowl Sunday, of course, when I had 15 people over. Seems like it randomly will switch to Internet Radio mode. Then when I switch back to Cable/Satellite, the volume is at 0. I don't think it's overheating, I only had 3.0 speakers and don't play them that loud since I'm in a one bedroom apartment. I disabled all the TV and receiver functions that may affect it like HDMI control, anynet, auto standby (even though I never had a problem with them before). Any ideas what the problem is?

Try doing a network reset (post #5) after storing the config file to a PC using the Web Control feature (p. 100 OM) so it can be easily restored.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_E10
post #5260 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalforever View Post

Thanks - so, hitting 75 or so for good strong sound is not as dangerous as I was thinking? 75 out of a 98 scale, i mean.

Nope. A little too loud for most perhaps, but reference volume is 80 which is about as loud as you'd likely want to go. Note the AVR will shut down in protection mode if the volume level you are using may cause any damage to it.
post #5261 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletodd View Post

Hooked up my old Sony progressive scan DVD player via DVD audio and Vidio in on the back of my 2113. Pushed the DVD button on the remote, has blurry, scrambled picture and no sound. I set the DVD hdmi input to "none", and turned on the dvd component input. Not sure what else to try.

Have you tried adjusting the Progressive Mode setting (p. 108 OM)? At the very least there should be audio if the player is in fact working properly. Try connecting it directly to the TV to confirm the DVD player even works.
post #5262 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post

Hello, If anyone knows Electronics Expo's current pricing could they PM the info? They are closed for the weekend and I am considering purchasing the 3313CI but would like to know what EE's pricing is since everyone here typically says they have the best price. Thanks in advance.

I found the best deal at PaulsTV, never would have considered them because we don't have them here in Oklahoma and they sounded like a mom and pop store from another state, but I found out that wasn't such the case and they gave me the best price, so its good to call around to some of those authorized dealers, as I don't think they can post their best prices online, but call and you get a great deal.

I called a handful, and all were way better than local prices and Amazon.com prices. So I highly recommend calling them all to see who will get you the best deal. I didn't realize how easy it was to work with them on pricing deals. So glad I did. I was only buying a new AVR-2113ci because I had an older 2309ci and it didn't support 3D etc, I never had any issues with my Denon AVRs, I've owned 3 now, love them, solid brand. I have also owned Pioneer and Sony before but never been as pleased with another brand more than Denon!
Edited by chrisjmccord - 2/4/13 at 8:39am
post #5263 of 10468
Got the Sony DVD player to work, I had the connectors in the wrong plugs of the DVD player (doh!). The issue now is a hum or buzz when the DVD player isn't playing a DVD. Might be a volume control issue? Could it be from the dynamic volume being on?
Edited by Teletodd - 2/4/13 at 9:54am
post #5264 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Nope. A little too loud for most perhaps, but reference volume is 80 which is about as loud as you'd likely want to go. Note the AVR will shut down in protection mode if the volume level you are using may cause any damage to it.

Thanks for the great info! Cheers, Mike
post #5265 of 10468
OK, new Denon 2113 here. Today I noticed that I heard Internet Radio station, which was selected on Zone 2 (but Zone 2 was off) on Main Zone. Very soft, but it was there for sure.. Main Zone was on CBL/SAT but my TV set was off at that time.

Hmm seems like a bug guys. Firmware is up to date by the way.
post #5266 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYARTS View Post

OK, new Denon 2113 here. Today I noticed that I heard Internet Radio station, which was selected on Zone 2 (but Zone 2 was off) on Main Zone. Very soft, but it was there for sure.. Main Zone was on CBL/SAT but my TV set was off at that time.

Hmm seems like a bug guys. Firmware is up to date by the way.

Others with more knowledge may have greater insight. This sounds like crosstalk (a behavior commonly measured when testing preamps and amps), and frankly I think you'd have to go out of your way to create software that yielded crosstalk between disparate channels. Just my WAG, though.
post #5267 of 10468
Well, I do think there are more issues like this recorded. I'll wait for mr Denon (jd or batpig) to show up smile.gif
post #5268 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYARTS View Post

OK, new Denon 2113 here. Today I noticed that I heard Internet Radio station, which was selected on Zone 2 (but Zone 2 was off) on Main Zone. Very soft, but it was there for sure.. Main Zone was on CBL/SAT but my TV set was off at that time.

Hmm seems like a bug guys. Firmware is up to date by the way.

When you were done listening to the internet radio station, did you STOP it (as should be done with any network source) or did you simply turn Zone 2 off?

post #5269 of 10468
While listening to Internet Radio on Zone 2 I just powered Zone 2 off and selected Main Zone with nothing playing to it.
post #5270 of 10468
Main Zone was on CBL/SAT
post #5271 of 10468
Thread Starter 
This issue of analog "bleed" has been reported here and there. I've even heard it before on these receivers. I don't know the exact cause but my guess is that it has something to do with the way all that circuitry is crowded into the unit, and the main zone circuit is picking up the "crosstalk" from the analog circuit. The best bet is to do as JD notes and make sure to stop the source playing.
post #5272 of 10468
batpig and jdsmoothie, I got my 2113ci setup this weekend, and boy do I love it. I didn't realize how much I missed that great sound out of my speakers, till I had to go without it for a few weeks after selling the old 2309. I also forgot how well my Klipsch speakers sounded! The setup was easy, love the network features, my wife is digging the XM addition. I will enjoy this AVR for years to come.
post #5273 of 10468
Thanks, but as a technical perfectionist this is not something that makes me a very happy user. I should think this is not something to be expected from a high quality receiver like this. Thanks for your quick reply. I will get over it, I guess.
post #5274 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

This issue of analog "bleed" has been reported here and there. I've even heard it before on these receivers. I don't know the exact cause but my guess is that it has something to do with the way all that circuitry is crowded into the unit, and the main zone circuit is picking up the "crosstalk" from the analog circuit. The best bet is to do as JD notes and make sure to stop the source playing.

usually I see it blamed on capacitive ccoupling between the channels. FWIW. Just my .02 and whatever other disclaimers seem appropriate, just imagine they're here.
post #5275 of 10468
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84

On the Denon remote app how come it doesn't list an accurate listing of the listening modes? Like Dolby PLII Music A-DSX(Heights) or Dolby PLIIz Height modes? I guess it does just not directly...

Surround modes will only display when appropriate for your current speaker configuration. Are you using Front Height speakers?

Yes I have front heights. I figured it out on the remote app. It just lists them as 'Dolby surrounds,' or 'DTS surrounds.' Then gives you your last modes you selected with the remote. I think I might like PLIIz heights better than DSX for movies and DSX for :eek:music.
post #5276 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYARTS View Post

Thanks, but as a technical perfectionist this is not something that makes me a very happy user. I should think this is not something to be expected from a high quality receiver like this. Thanks for your quick reply. I will get over it, I guess.

Imagine if you had spent $6400 on the Goldmund Mimesis 8 back when it was new. "Channel separation is specified as being greater than 100dB. I could only get near this figure by plugging a shorted RCA plug into the undriven input. With the amplifier connected as for conventional use, with both channels' inputs connected to the Audio Precision's outputs, the crosstalk turned out to be much higher than I would have liked, lying just below –40dB across the band. This was confirmed in the listening room, a clean version of the music being audible from the undriven channel's loudspeaker with the driven channel hooked up to a dummy load. Though –40dB is probably just too low in absolute terms to affect image width—I failed to note any image narrowing with music signals—it is still somewhat alarming." http://www.stereophile.com/content/goldmund-mimesis-8-power-amplifier-measurements

Or, more recently, $20,000 on a Musical Fidelity AMS100, which had dandy separation but high signal to noise: "Channel separation (not shown) was excellent at >100dB below 800Hz in both directions, and was still 80dB at 20kHz. The unweighted wideband signal/noise ratio was not as good as I was expecting from a class-A design, at 76.8dB left and 75.3dB right, both figures ref. 1W into 8 ohms." http://www.stereophile.com/content/musical-fidelity-ams100-power-amplifier-measurements. All this and a full 100 watts per channel (class A all the way, though).
post #5277 of 10468
Same way for me on my denon-avr-1913. Thanks for sharing that I can bring them down. I did not think about that.
post #5278 of 10468
When listening to Music loudly on 2113 is there a way to turn off just the center channel
In multi ch output??
post #5279 of 10468
Hi,

I saw your detailed post and hope you can help. I'm considering the 3312 or 3313 and want to verify that you can output 2 different HDMI in sources to Out 1 and Out 2. I.E. Blu Ray to Out 1 and Sat/Cab to out 2. Will it pass thru the video unchanged as well with no upscale or conversion. (HDMI in I mean)

Also will any models below this output 2 separate sources.

Thanks
post #5280 of 10468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdawgs22 View Post

When listening to Music loudly on 2113 is there a way to turn off just the center channel
In multi ch output??
Selecting mode of Surround Stereo outputs to just L, R, and sub.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ