or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 209

post #6241 of 10469
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwire View Post

My 3313CI indicated a firmware update is available this evening. I started it and it indicated 29 minutes to completion. Well, for some reason, the check failed (twice) on the SUB update, and now it seems to be stuck on "Ether IMG", and I'm still waiting after about 50 minutes.

I have to say though, this is my third Denon with updating via internet, and it's the first time this has happened. I sure hope I don't end up with a brick.

Update: "Ether IMG" update starts at 3min, goes down to 1min, then jumps back up to 3min - over and over. I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

Oh no! Mine just showed up but I certainly won't do it. At least not until its proven to work. My 3313 works perfect as is in every way I need it too!
post #6242 of 10469
Bat pig or jdsmoothie have you guys heard anything about these infectious Firmware updates? eek.gif
post #6243 of 10469
Ok can anybody tell me why anyone would buy an AVR without Audyssey? I'm just venting I guess. In my definitive technology forum these guys are buying pioneer with ridiculous crossover restrictions and Yamaha...I am not arrogant to think I could possibly be missing something but as of now I just don't see it.
post #6244 of 10469
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubbed81 View Post

What is QOS? Airplay isn't showing up for me either, and I can't figure out how to get it to work.

QOS is Quality of Service which is something you can enable or disable on most routers to give certain items priority. An example is you could set Netflix or YouTube to highest priority so other downloads would be throttled down before these.
post #6245 of 10469
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post

Anyone done any testing of the scaler in the 3313, or a model with the similar Analog Devices chip. Kinda curious on passing thru 1080i/60 to my 1080p display, or letting the Denon send out 1080p/60.

In this 2313 review (same video section as 2113 and 3313) the video scaling passed all bench tests with flying colors: http://www.hometheater.com/content/denon-avr-2313ci-av-receiver
post #6246 of 10469
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Ok can anybody tell me why anyone would buy an AVR without Audyssey? I'm just venting I guess. In my definitive technology forum these guys are buying pioneer with ridiculous crossover restrictions and Yamaha...I am not arrogant to think I could possibly be missing something but as of now I just don't see it.

A lot of people are mistrustful of auto setup programs for a variety of reasons. Who knows why certain biases arise. And there is more than one way to skin the cat of good sound.
post #6247 of 10469
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Bat pig or jdsmoothie have you guys heard anything about these infectious Firmware updates? eek.gif

Nothing leads me to believe they are anything more than occasional glitches (either the unit itself or the network of the end user). It sucks when it happens... but sh!t happens. People are always going to post the problems, the thousands of users who update without incident don't post on forums. If there is really a "widespread" problem you will know because the post count of problems will spike into the dozens very quickly. For example, a few months ago the Denon servers crashed pushing out one of the Pandora updates to an older model (1912/2112 I think) and all of a sudden there was post after post of people unable to complete the update. If you only get one or three scattered complaints it's not likely to be an "infectious" problem. If you are scared of updates, just wait a few days and don't update immediately and monitor the thread, you will know if there is a serious problem.
post #6248 of 10469
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

A lot of people are mistrustful of auto setup programs for a variety of reasons. Who knows why certain biases arise. And there is more than one way to skin the cat of good sound.

Good wise advice. We should have the proverbs of AVS forums lol. We could add...
"there is more than one way to skin the cat of good sound."

Particularly the pioneers that only allow one crossover setting for all speakers. I guess it's a mute point though. Onward...
post #6249 of 10469
Thread Starter 
Onward.... But first a quick pause to note that it's "moot" not "mute" tongue.gifwink.gif ,.... Ok now you may proceed onward....
post #6250 of 10469
For what it's worth to those concerned, the firmware update for my 1913 completed flawlessly in about 15 minutes.
post #6251 of 10469
I have been busy unpacking from my move and finally got a chance to check this out. I have a brand new 1913 that is still boxed. Should I not update it or update it and hope everything works correctly?
post #6252 of 10469
OK, it's PAWs, not PAUSE on this cat... wink.gifcool.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Onward.... But first a quick pause to note that it's "moot" not "mute" tongue.gifwink.gif ,.... Ok now you may proceed onward....
post #6253 of 10469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Oh no! Mine just showed up but I certainly won't do it. At least not until its proven to work. My 3313 works perfect as is in every way I need it too!
attempted to update mine on Fri and well if you've read a few pages back you'll find out its now collecting dust! Can't stress this enough.. Don't do it!!
post #6254 of 10469
I have a 2313ci and i cannot put zone 2 to work.

I noticed a firmware upgrade today for my 2313ci, could somebody tell me or tell us whats new on this FIRMWARE UPGRADE?
post #6255 of 10469
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwire View Post

"Ether IMG" update starts at 3min, goes down to 1min, then jumps back up to 3min - over and over. I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

I performed the firmware update on my 2113 over the weekend. It started at 26 minutes then went into the 3min cycle near the end. After six or more of these I turned off my PVR which was in use but paused state. The update then completed. Maybe it is best to have all connected devices turned off during the update.
post #6256 of 10469
ok performed the update on mine 2313Ci, no issues at all, but i have no idea on what have changed!

Could someone please shed some light?
post #6257 of 10469
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84

... I have recently noticed a humming sound that is coming from the top right corner of tv when facing it. If you put your ear back there you can really hear it. Of course no sound is on when I can hear it. I actually noticed it when running the Audyssey room calibration for the surround sound. It's not bothersome by any means but just sounds like something is being over worked and doesn't sound good. Maybe that's just how the hdmi board sounds? I didn't notice it with my previous Onkyo receiver but my new Denon 3313 seems to give it some noise. Also it only happens when the receiver is on. If I have the tv on but the receiver off it makes no sound. Should I get a new hdmi cable? Any similar scenarios?


It sounds to me like you have a ground loop. Getting rid of a ground loop the correct way can be tricky.
You may want to ask in your AVR's owners thread too. You will need to describe your entire setup including how every component is connected to power. It's going to wind up being related to your homes grounding and how your components are reacting to that. If I go any further it will expose my ignorance about ground loops.

Help!
post #6258 of 10469
^I posted this in my Panasonic plasma forum for an issue...
post #6259 of 10469
Quote:
Originally Posted by highwire View Post

My 3313CI indicated a firmware update is available this evening. I started it and it indicated 29 minutes to completion. Well, for some reason, the check failed (twice) on the SUB update, and now it seems to be stuck on "Ether IMG", and I'm still waiting after about 50 minutes.

I have to say though, this is my third Denon with updating via internet, and it's the first time this has happened. I sure hope I don't end up with a brick.

Update: "Ether IMG" update starts at 3min, goes down to 1min, then jumps back up to 3min - over and over. I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

Try unplugging your Ethernet cable - I heard from someone else that this lets the update proceed.
post #6260 of 10469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp1 View Post

Any one else having a problem with the firmware update connection failing? What's the remedy for this besides waiting and seeing if it works later?

Yep, same here. I get the notice about the available update, but when I try to download it, it just times out...
post #6261 of 10469
Quote:
Originally Posted by gornati View Post

ok performed the update on mine 2313Ci, no issues at all, but i have no idea on what have changed!

Could someone please shed some light?

Updated my 3313CI last night - what was supposed to take 29 minutes took 1 hour as the unit got stuck repeating the "3 Minute" loop at the end of the update for some time before finally finishing successfully. I have been to the Denon website and read post #6 in this thread (firmware update log) but cannot seem to find any information on what this latest update added/fixed/changed. Anyone know?
post #6262 of 10469
I'm trying to update my 2113 and it's stuck on update retry. It keeps shutting off and turning back on and saying the same thing. UGH. I've done all the previous firmware updates with no problems at all. Not cool!
post #6263 of 10469
My 3313 updated without a hitch. I have a cat6 connection directly to my router.
post #6264 of 10469
I never update by internet, always by USB. No unit ever failed on me this way.
You should disconnect the 2113 from the wall outlet for about 10 seconds. It then should power on as usual, because the "real" update process will only start after a successful download of the complete firmware file / folder.
Then download the update file/folder from the Denon site /support) and restart the update by using an USB stick with the (unzipped) "fimware" folder on it.

PS.: There are no "infectious" firmware updates, because these are very specific firmware files and it wouldn't make any sense to hack a firmware for this reason. Especially because the programming for those units is very specific too.
Edited by gurkey - 3/12/13 at 8:41am
post #6265 of 10469
just contacted DENON SUPPORT on the phone, they dont know nothing about firmware updates.
post #6266 of 10469
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkey View Post

I never update by internet, always by USB. No unit ever failed on me this way.
You should disconnect the 2113 from the wall outlet for about 10 seconds. It then should power on as usual, because the "real" update process will only start after a successful download of the complete firmware file / folder.
Then restart the update by using USB.

where you downloaded the file?
post #6267 of 10469
See my prior post.
post #6268 of 10469
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkey View Post

See my prior post.
I was looking into denons website and could not find it...
post #6269 of 10469
Update on my 2113 firmware update. I pulled the power plug and left it off. Then I turned it back on...went to Update retry again and did that 3 times, finally after the 3rd one it showed a time of 26 minutes and did it's thing and finally updated. I guess their servers are just getting hammered or something, but it eventually went thru and my receiver is working fine!! Relief wink.gif
post #6270 of 10469
I updated my 1913 last night without a hitch. Said it would take 26 mins, and that was about right. If you're worried about it, wait until you're not scared. I saw the update, knew i should wait, but updated anyway. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The **OFFICIAL** Denon AVR-XX13 Model Owner's Thread & FAQ