So I grabbed two pairs of the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU glasses after reading some reviews of the various glasses in this thread. I don't have my VT50 yet (next week), but I tried them on. Here are my impressions:
0. Amazon's shipping is insane these days. I wasn't going to get the TV until next week, so I opted for the slow Prime shipping (5 days) and get the $1 MP3 credit. They took 2 days anyway. Wow.
1. My eye glasses fit surprisingly well under them. By looking at them, you'd think that they'd sit right in front of your face, but they have a decent amount of room that feels obviously designed for someone wearing eye glasses underneath.
2. They're very light. The other side of this coin is that they have a feeling of being somewhat cheap and fragile, unfortunately. I feel like a little kid could destroy these with ease. I'd recommend anyone outfitting their family: Panasonics for grownups, Samsungs for kids. They both can likely be easily destroyed, but the Sammys will be a hell of a lot cheaper to replace.
3. I'm used to the 2011 Samsung glasses with my previous (returned) TV. The fact that the Panny's have side blocking elements is refreshing.
4. I have an admittedly big noggin. These are the mediums (I saw no option on Amazon). They fit very well, but if they were any smaller I'd have some problems.
Overall: buy... for grown-ups.