or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic 2012-compatible 3D Glasses Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic 2012-compatible 3D Glasses Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 320
These look interesting...

http://wap.ebay.com/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?nborh=http%3A%2F%2Fadfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F9656-122528-2357-0%3Fsrc%3DView%2520Item%26mpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fitm%252F360623662842%253Fredirect%253Dmobile%26device%3Dnull%7Cnull&emvAD=360x519&nbpr=2&nbcol=1%7Cunknown&ebayref=/itm/360623662842
post #212 of 320
Then again, I just read some very negative reviews on Amazon for the 3D Glasses Unlimited brand that I just posted an eBay link for. It might be best to stay away.
post #213 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Rajek View Post

Then again, I just read some very negative reviews on Amazon for the 3D Glasses Unlimited brand that I just posted an eBay link for. It might be best to stay away.

Don't worry it didn't work anyway. wink.gif
post #214 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

Don't worry it didn't work anyway. wink.gif

Sorry, try this link instead...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-TY-ER3D4MU-Compatible-3D-Glasses-IR-Bluetooth-Active-Shutter-/360623662842?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item53f6d866fa
post #215 of 320

I wouldn't recommend these. Here's a review from Page 3 of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagali View Post

Quote:

Well, I tried them. Ordered the 2-pack for my 65GT50 TV, 3 months old. I have 3 pairs of the Samsung glasses and one of the official Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU, so I do know how to 'pair' 3D glasses, and those all work great. But I never could get these G5 glasses to synch up. They're going back.

Also, read the Amazon reviews--specifically from the person with a VT50 and the ones about customer service.

If someone is still wanting to try them, you can get them on eBay for $35.

Edit: FYI, these are also sold as the SainSonic Galilei Series G111.
Edited by Rice Rocket - 3/27/13 at 3:22pm
post #216 of 320
Amazon just sent me the 2012 PANASONIC-Compatible 3ACTIVE® 3D Glasses. Rechargeable Sold by Dimensional Optics $49.95 and also the G5 Universal 3D Glasses by Quantum 3D (IR & Bluetooth Compatible) $49.99. They seem identical except for the Logos. The ACTIVE come with a case and the G5 with a Charger (just like the Apple iPhone Charger) otherwise I can't tell them apart. Both seem to sync easily and work just fine with my new 2012 Panasonic 65VT50 TV & 2013 Panasonic BDT230 Blu-ray Player. I was going to get the Panasonic glasses but their price is now like gold and the 2013 model is not out yet. I plan on ordering some more ACTIVE's or G5's (flip a coin).
post #217 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacbec View Post

Amazon just sent me the 2012 PANASONIC-Compatible 3ACTIVE® 3D Glasses. Rechargeable Sold by Dimensional Optics $49.95 and also the G5 Universal 3D Glasses by Quantum 3D (IR & Bluetooth Compatible) $49.99. They seem identical except for the Logos. The ACTIVE come with a case and the G5 with a Charger (just like the Apple iPhone Charger) otherwise I can't tell them apart. Both seem to sync easily and work just fine with my new 2012 Panasonic 65VT50 TV & 2013 Panasonic BDT230 Blu-ray Player. I was going to get the Panasonic glasses but their price is now like gold and the 2013 model is not out yet. I plan on ordering some more ACTIVE's or G5's (flip a coin).

You don't like the Xpand X105BTs for $29?
post #218 of 320
For those who missed the Xpand X105 deal and/or you need a smaller frame, you may want to swing over to Amazon for the Xpand X104MX1 YOUniversal 3D Glasses, Medium-sized, white colored for about $22. I ordered a couple earlier for smaller house guests. From what I can tell, these normally retail for $45+. All the other sizes and color sell for at least double. Not sure why the medium-sized ones are discounted.



Differences from the X105 that I've found so far:

1. Slightly heavier at 1.6 oz (X105 is listed at 1.3 oz.)

2. These medium-sized ones are smaller than the X105.

3. They seem to require a little more work to get to work with the 2012/2013 Panasonic's, starting with a firmware update.

4. The BT/RF module actually goes into the mini-usb charging port. You'll have to unplug the BT/RF module to charge the battery.

5. On the Xpand forum, there is a report that the X104 doesn't work properly at 48Hz. The X105 works perfectly in both 48Hz and 60Hz for me.

6. Battery life is rated at 30 hours. (X105BT is 100+ hours)

They won't be in my hands till Monday next week. I'll give them a go and report back.
Edited by Rice Rocket - 3/29/13 at 1:51am
post #219 of 320
I was wondering what would be the best 3d glasses, besides the Panasonic 3d glasses that cost a fortune. I hear the Samsung $20 pair are decent, can anyone recommend me the best glasses you can buy at an affordable price. thanks
post #220 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy1222 View Post

I was wondering what would be the best 3d glasses, besides the Panasonic 3d glasses that cost a fortune. I hear the Samsung $20 pair are decent, can anyone recommend me the best glasses you can buy at an affordable price. thanks

I think you hit the nail on the head with the Samsung's. Most have reported here they offer a great picture with a couple of minor drawbacks. Nothing major but if price is your concern they certainly are the best way to go unless you're able to find the more expensive glasses on sale at a competitive price to the $20. I have the Samsung's and they work just fine. If I were you I would read the entire thread here. It is only 8 pages. For AVS that's nothing! :-)
post #221 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNThorens View Post

I think you hit the nail on the head with the Samsung's. Most have reported here they offer a great picture with a couple of minor drawbacks. Nothing major but if price is your concern they certainly are the best way to go unless you're able to find the more expensive glasses on sale at a competitive price to the $20. I have the Samsung's and they work just fine. If I were you I would read the entire thread here. It is only 8 pages. For AVS that's nothing! :-)

I agree on the Samsung's for casual 3d viewing they are fine
post #222 of 320
Looks like the XPAND x105BT bluetooth rechargeable 3D glasses for $29 are available again at Amazon. They are offered by Paul's TV. There is some conversations and reviews on these glasses on this thread. Get them while they are still available.


http://www.amazon.com/Xpand-X105BT-Mitsubishi-Bluetooth-Televisions/dp/B00A279MD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364565121&sr=8-1&keywords=x105bt
Edited by hidef1099 - 3/29/13 at 8:41am
post #223 of 320
Anyone else having issue with the Expand X105BT glasses?

I'm getting some sort of subtle flicker or flashing during dark scenes. It's not that noticeable but it is in certain scenes more than others. If I pause the picture on one of the problematic areas I see the picture go dark, then get lighter, then go dark again. My Samsung 4100's don't do this at all. Just wondering if I got a bad pair or if anyone else spotted anything similar.

Thanks.
post #224 of 320
I haven't noticed any problems such as you described with the X105BT's, although admittedly, I've only used two different ones out of the eight I have for more than a few minutes. Sounds like a sync hiccup? Does it happen on both lenses? Try re-pairing them to your TV.

Last night, I actually switched between 48Hz and 60Hz multiple times looking over a couple of scenes to determine whether there was any difference in crosstalk between the two modes on the VT50. The X105's sync'ed flawlessly with each change within 2-3 seconds. Results? There is less crosstalk at 48Hz. Crosstalk is minimal on the 2012 Panasonic plasmas anyway, so I'm not sure that this improvement is noticeable for those that aren't looking for the anomaly.
post #225 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Rocket View Post

I haven't noticed any problems such as you described with the X105BT's, although admittedly, I've only used two different ones out of the eight I have for more than a few minutes. Sounds like a sync hiccup? Does it happen on both lenses? Try re-pairing them to your TV.

Last night, I actually switched between 48Hz and 60Hz multiple times looking over a couple of scenes to determine whether there was any difference in crosstalk between the two modes on the VT50. The X105's sync'ed flawlessly with each change within 2-3 seconds. Results? There is less crosstalk at 48Hz. Crosstalk is minimal on the 2012 Panasonic plasmas anyway, so I'm not sure that this improvement is noticeable for those that aren't looking for the anomaly.

Thanks for the reply. I have seen it on more than one occasion so I dobn't think it's a sync issue. I will have to test each lens separately and see if that makes a difference.
post #226 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef1099 View Post

Looks like the XPAND x105BT bluetooth rechargeable 3D glasses for $29 are available again at Amazon. They are offered by Paul's TV. There is some conversations and reviews on these glasses on this thread. Get them while they are still available.

Thanks for the heads up. I've really been having a hard time deciding if I should get these or not. I have been holding off waiting to see what Panasonic will release in their new 2013 glasses. I'm so perplexed right now.
post #227 of 320
I ordered a pair of the XPAND x105BT glasses from Amazon via Pauls yesterday. I want to see how they compare to my Samsung 5100's. I have three pairs of 5100's and they work fine with my GT50.

Pauls actually called my home to thank me for the order and to let me know they will be shipping on Monday. Never experienced that with a 3rd party seller on Amazon.
post #228 of 320
I have 4 of the Xpand X103's I have been using for the past year and I personally do not like them.
I started out with a bit of flicker, but this seemed to have gone away. Main issue is with comfort. These things hurt the bridge of my nose and above and behind my ears alot.
I have tried making some padding in the spots that hurt, but no deal.

I just got a pair of the 3Active to try out and right off the bat they feel lighter. I may watch a movie with them tonight to test.
post #229 of 320
are the xpand 3d glasses better than the Samsung 3d glasses?
post #230 of 320
tagging along...anyone have any info on 2013 Panasonic glasses?
post #231 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Rocket View Post

For those who missed the Xpand X105 deal and/or you need a smaller frame, you may want to swing over to Amazon for the Xpand X104MX1 YOUniversal 3D Glasses, Medium-sized, white colored for about $22. I ordered a couple earlier for smaller house guests. From what I can tell, these normally retail for $45+. All the other sizes and color sell for at least double. Not sure why the medium-sized ones are discounted.



Differences from the X105 that I've found so far:

1. Slightly heavier at 1.6 oz (X105 is listed at 1.3 oz.)

2. These medium-sized ones are smaller than the X105.

3. They seem to require a little more work to get to work with the 2012/2013 Panasonic's, starting with a firmware update.

4. The BT/RF module actually goes into the mini-usb charging port. You'll have to unplug the BT/RF module to charge the battery.

5. On the Xpand forum, there is a report that the X104 doesn't work properly at 48Hz. The X105 works perfectly in both 48Hz and 60Hz for me.

6. Battery life is rated at 30 hours. (X105BT is 100+ hours)

They won't be in my hands till Monday next week. I'll give them a go and report back.

Hmm, I need some smaller glasses too. Just to clarify, the ones on sale from Amazon come with the RF dongle? When I look at Xpand's online store, they have separate listings for a "YOUniversals glasses + RF dongle bundle" and just the YOUniversals glasses themselves

EDIT
Actually, one of the reviews on Amazon says that this is for the glasses only, no dongle
post #232 of 320
Thinking of buying the SAMSUNG SSG-4100GB glasses for my Panasonic xtl55dt50, they will work, right?

Also, what is the difference between these cheaper samsung glasses and more expensive pairs e.g. panasonic glasses. ?
post #233 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by azahinton93 View Post

Thinking of buying the SAMSUNG SSG-4100GB glasses for my Panasonic xtl55dt50, they will work, right?

Also, what is the difference between these cheaper samsung glasses and more expensive pairs e.g. panasonic glasses. ?

Looks to me like it should work. Might as well get the newer 5100 glasses though.

As for the difference, the Panny's feel more like a real pair of glasses and cover glare slightly better on the sides.
post #234 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisservice View Post

tagging along...anyone have any info on 2013 Panasonic glasses?

I read in a 2013 Panasonic Plasma review the 2013 glasses included with them are like the 2012's but without rechargeable batteries. Can't seem to remember which review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soobaerodude View Post

Hmm, I need some smaller glasses too. Just to clarify, the ones on sale from Amazon come with the RF dongle? When I look at Xpand's online store, they have separate listings for a "YOUniversals glasses + RF dongle bundle" and just the YOUniversals glasses themselves

EDIT
Actually, one of the reviews on Amazon says that this is for the glasses only, no dongle

I got them today. And much to my disappointment, these $23 medium's DO NOT include the required RF dongle. The dongle lists at $39.99 at Xpand's site, but don't seem to be available at Amazon. I already printed a return label without opening them.

The Amazon reviews are confusing--they seem to lump all the variants of the X104 products together. There are reviews that indicate it works with the VT and implies that the dongle was included. So I started looking at the other sizes of the X104, and some of them indicate that the RF dongle is included. There is only ONE listing for the Medium X104--that's the one I ordered.

IMO, that's a terrible marketing/packaging mistake. You shouldn't call the glasses universal if the required component to make them universal isn't included! Worse still, having that many SKU's complicates matters, and no one knows which version they are ordering. They corrected this somewhat with the new X105 where there are two different versions: One IR, One RF (manufacturer-specific variants notwithstanding).
post #235 of 320
Since the 8 pairs of the X105BT that I purchased were without cases, I set out to find affordable and compact ones to store the glasses in. I wanted a microfiber pouch so that they can double as a lens cleaning cloth, and also would be more compact than a hard case. I found some on fleaBay from a reputed vendor that were large enough (8" x 4") for the folded X105, with a nice locking clip and drawstring. Now I can store the glasses in the pouches simply hung up on wall hooks.

p1511066242-4.jpg
p1511066226-4.jpg

I'm in no way affiliated with the seller. They shipped my purchase the same day as I ordered via USPS 1st class, which arrived in 2 days for me. Here are the links: $4.99 (shipping included) for 4 or $9.95 (shipping included) for 12.
post #236 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Rocket View Post

I read in a 2013 Panasonic Plasma review the 2013 glasses included with them are like the 2012's but without rechargeable batteries. Can't seem to remember which review.
I got them today. And much to my disappointment, these $23 medium's DO NOT include the required RF dongle. The dongle lists at $39.99 at Xpand's site, but don't seem to be available at Amazon. I already printed a return label without opening them.

The Amazon reviews are confusing--they seem to lump all the variants of the X104 products together. There are reviews that indicate it works with the VT and implies that the dongle was included. So I started looking at the other sizes of the X104, and some of them indicate that the RF dongle is included. There is only ONE listing for the Medium X104--that's the one I ordered.

IMO, that's a terrible marketing/packaging mistake. You shouldn't call the glasses universal if the required component to make them universal isn't included! Worse still, having that many SKU's complicates matters, and no one knows which version they are ordering. They corrected this somewhat with the new X105 where there are two different versions: One IR, One RF (manufacturer-specific variants notwithstanding).

Those YOUniversals are like 130.00 for the bundle on XpanDs site. $22 on amazon then $40 for the dongle is a great deal! Especially since the glasses will now work with everything and they fit my 10 and 6 year old perfectly. I bought 2 pairs.
post #237 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Rocket View Post

I'm in no way affiliated with the seller. They shipped my purchase the same day as I ordered via USPS 1st class, which arrived in 2 days for me. Here are the links: $4.99 (shipping included) for 4 or $9.95 (shipping included) for 12.
Good get, looks like they are good quality cases. Perfect for my needs... Thanks for the link!
post #238 of 320
Just ordered a pair of X105BT's directly from Pauls TV website. Still at a good price!

I think i'm going to make a DIY holder for the glasses (2 X105's and 1 Panny).
post #239 of 320
Oh. And the youniversals come with a nice hard case too.
post #240 of 320
Just ordered 2 through Pauls TV. Question - Once the movie is done if I put the glasses away (inside my ottoman) will they turn themselves off? Or do I need to physically turn them off by pressing button?

i know my Samsungs 4100 will turn themselves off if they don't detect a 3d signal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic 2012-compatible 3D Glasses Thread