or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic 2012-compatible 3D Glasses Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic 2012-compatible 3D Glasses Thread - Page 4

post #91 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMike View Post

I purchased the Samsung SSG-4100GB glasses and the take a watch size battery. When the glasses connect via Bluetooth a little display pops up that shows the glasses are connected and it has a battery icon to show how much of a charge you have left. Does anyone know how to change the battery on the Panasonic glasses?

The panasonic charge by USB, it has a quick charge. I have both the panasonic and Samsung and they work without any problems
post #92 of 320
The Lithium-polymer battery in the Panasonic glasses is not replaceable. The instructions tell you how to remove it when disposing of the glasses.

My wife and I watched Men In Black 3 in 3D on DirecTV today. Frequently we would see a pattern of horizontal banding, especially when there was rapid motion in the background. Since I didn't see anything like this while watching Avatar 3D, I have to assume it is due to the DirecTV signal. Mostly, though, it was fine.
post #93 of 320
I asked this in the Panasonic ST50 thread and never got a reply. I think I'll have better luck here wink.gif


'Now that the official panasonic 3D glasses have crept closer to $70 on Amazon, has anyone tried these universal 3D glasses for the ST50s? They equally have good reviews and am wondering if they're a better alternative to the cheaper samsung ones.'
post #94 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

I asked this in the Panasonic ST50 thread and never got a reply. I think I'll have better luck here wink.gif
'Now that the official panasonic 3D glasses have crept closer to $70 on Amazon, has anyone tried these universal 3D glasses for the ST50s? They equally have good reviews and am wondering if they're a better alternative to the cheaper samsung ones.'

Those must be infared not bluetooth 3D glasses since they list the compatible Panasonic 3D TVs as:
2010 3D HDTVs: TC-P50VT20, TC-P50VT25, TC-P54VT25, TC-P58VT25, TC-P65VT25, TC-P42ST30, TC-P46ST30, TC-P50ST30, TC-P60ST30, TC-P50GT30, TC-P55GT30, TC-P55GT31, TC-P60GT30, TC-P65GT30, TC-P55VT30, TC-P65VT30

Those are all infared models, and the 2012 Pansonic models (like ST50, GT50, VT50) require bluetooth glasses - so that model would not work with the 2012 model TVs.
The cheap Samsung 2012 bluetooth model glasses will work however for $20 or less.
On EBAY you may find some of the 2012 bluetooth model Panasonic 3D glasses for 1/2 price in like-new condition and/or open box, thats what I got.
post #95 of 320
Thanks. Iam now looking at the cheap Samsungs and will order a pair. I hope the Pannys come down in price though as they are a bit overpriced at this point and will order a couple as soon as that happens.
post #96 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post

The Lithium-polymer battery in the Panasonic glasses is not replaceable. The instructions tell you how to remove it when disposing of the glasses.
My wife and I watched Men In Black 3 in 3D on DirecTV today. Frequently we would see a pattern of horizontal banding, especially when there was rapid motion in the background. Since I didn't see anything like this while watching Avatar 3D, I have to assume it is due to the DirecTV signal. Mostly, though, it was fine.
Was curious how the DTV 3D would look..
Overall its OK though ?
post #97 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedthemachine View Post

Was curious how the DTV 3D would look..
Overall its OK though ?

Yes, it was fine otherwise. I've sampled the regular 3D channels on DTV and they've been uniformly awful, but this movie was perfectly acceptable. Not up to Avatar Blu-Ray standards, to be sure, but impressive nonetheless. No ghosting or flashing.
post #98 of 320
Well the Panny 3D glasses finally went down to $50 on Amazon after being overpriced for quite a while. Just grabbed one as well as a new HDMI cable for myself.
post #99 of 320
The price on Amazon seems to bounce. I got two pair for $50 each a week or so ago.
post #100 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

Well the Panny 3D glasses finally went down to $50 on Amazon after being overpriced for quite a while. Just grabbed one as well as a new HDMI cable for myself.

Wow really? I've been checking all the time and it hasn't dropped below $60 for me frown.gif
post #101 of 320
Amazon is also known to show different prices to different people based on their previous Amazon browsing history.
post #102 of 320
In the last month, the lowest it has been was $50.97 during the week before Thanksgiving. Prices have really risen since October after staying around $50 all summer.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Panasonic-TY-ER3D4MU-Active-Shutter-Eyewear/product/B007EHI1DK
post #103 of 320
Yep - I ordered November 20 for $50.97. They had been nearly $70 a few days before.
post #104 of 320
I don't know why it only lasted for a couple of hours but the price was back up to $60 soon after.
post #105 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

I don't know why it only lasted for a couple of hours but the price was back up to $60 soon after.

It was VERY short-lived. Gone by the time I walked into BB to get a PM. frown.gif

I'm ok with Samsungs, but I just want a single pair of the Panny's for myself. Still can't believe the price diff of $20 v $60+.
post #106 of 320
You must have really wanted them right away since you didn't order them straight from Amazon and avoid the sales tax at the same time wink.gif. They'll come down again soon enough.
post #107 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

You must have really wanted them right away since you didn't order them straight from Amazon and avoid the sales tax at the same time wink.gif. They'll come down again soon enough.

I pay sales tax with Amazon. I was on the fence even at $50 so I thought I'd go down to BB and see if I changed my mind. Of course, I didn't realize how rare that $50 price was or how quickly it would evaporate.
post #108 of 320
Alright all you hold outs, Sears has the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MUs on sale for $29.97. After sales tax and shipping mine came out to $38. I took a closer look to see if i could avoid the shipping charges and found out that even though there is no ship to store option you could avoid it if you spend at least $40 on their website. What the heck wink.gif I went ahead and bought a second one as well and my total came out to $65.07 out the door.

I think these are the lowest prices for these glasses so far this year. Go get em smile.gif
post #109 of 320
Exactly the deal I was waiting for. Bought 4 pairs. Thanks for the info Chere!
post #110 of 320
Darn holiday family time smile.gif .... out of stock
post #111 of 320
Story of my life they were out of stock!
I am going to Best Buy with a print out from Sears web site and try and get a price match. Wish me luck!
post #112 of 320
Anyone know if Samsung' s SSG-4100GB will work with Panasonic TC-P50ST30?
post #113 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by avar28 View Post

Anyone know if Samsung' s SSG-4100GB will work with Panasonic TC-P50ST30?
No, the 2011 models like the ST30 require an infared 3D glasses, the Samsung's and the 2012 Panasonic TVs/glasses use bluetooth, which are incompatible.
post #114 of 320
Best Buy just matched Sears, left store with 4 pairs for $130! They are much nicer than the Samsungs.
post #115 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHarmony View Post

Best Buy just matched Sears, left store with 4 pairs for $130! They are much nicer than the Samsungs.

Wow. I might try that today. Sears is sold out, but BBY doesn't need to know that.
post #116 of 320
post #117 of 320
VT50 glasses.

Quick question. Does anyone know whether the Bluetooth glasses for the Panasonic Plasma TV's keep their bluetooth signal on all of the time? As a newbie, I admit that my knowledge in this area is weak. Is it just a pulse signal sent once in a while to confirm via handshake that this is the correct TV for the glasses and adjustments are made within the glasses for the set or does the Bluetooth signal stay on all of the time?

Thanks.
post #118 of 320
I can't seem to get my Samsung glasses to pair. I get the icon with the battery, but pairing never seems to happen....
post #119 of 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

I can't seem to get my Samsung glasses to pair. I get the icon with the battery, but pairing never seems to happen....

Model: SSG-4100GB

I've never had a problem with mine. Maybe take the battery out and try it again.

I still can't find a good deal on the Panny ER3D4MU from a reputable seller. I might try to pull up this site and ask for a Best Buy match:

SEARS

I did begin to wonder about 2013. Will there be new glasses for the 2013 VT60 series? If so, will they be better than the ER3D4MU and compatible with VT50? I guess we'll find out after CES. Please post details in this thread. Appreciated!
post #120 of 320
I went to Best Buy last night and they price matched Sears price of $29.97 for the Panny 3D glasses. I had it brought up on my phone already, showed the salesperson, and at first he was shocked at the price, but when he verified that it was actually being sold by Sears and not a 3rd party vendor, he had the manager override the price. I already had one pair that I bought from Amazon when it dropped to $50, but I picked up two more.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic 2012-compatible 3D Glasses Thread