or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES7500 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES7500 thread - Page 6

post #151 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetterman View Post

First off - love my 60" 7500 - picture is awesome, but I am likely rather easy to impress!! hehe. And from 1 point of view - this is a TV, not a computer but with todays tech there is no reason they can't be both and do both jobs very well.
Biggest complaint (other then my above posted lag issue which was easy to fix - thanks for the help) is the WIFI.
What I want is a 60" tablet that runs android and can watch my TV with - my current tablet and smart phone all connect fast, download fast, file transfer etc just like using a laptop. Use Smarthub and do web browsing and sit while a page loads in chunks like it's a bloddy dial up connection. Try opening up Autotrader.com and see how long a graphics heavy website takes to load!!
My router is 2 floors away but I have a 70% connection strength (and my laptop, phone and tablet all work perfectly fine at that range), so it's not losing connection thus slow to download stuff - I did an app from the Samsung TV apps that was 12 megabits!! - not 12 Gig!! - took 2 minuites.
Anyone know what the stats are on the hardware for the WIFI?? Also - they give you 755meg for a harddrive - mabey can plug in a 32 or 64gig USB stick as an external drive, but not sure they will talk to each other - but seriously - get 16gig in my tablet - is there not enough room in a 60" TV to put a bigger storage drive?? And why will it not download at even 350 to 500?? Man it's slow!! I should get an app in seconds - not minuites.

as I have mentioned in the past, the whole Smart Hub Interface is a joke....its all a big gimmick....I hate it......I have my gigabit router connected directly via ethernet cat6 cable to my tv...smart hub is still very slow....

so dont worry, is not your wifi or just you tv...smart hub just plains sucks......

check my other thread for the smart hub fiasco.....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1438853/official-samsung-smart-hub-fiasco-thread

post #152 of 420
For a dual.core smart hub is awfully slow.. i dont think its optimized well. Lgs smart app thing was slow also
post #153 of 420
dual core my rear end....what good is the top of the line hardware if the software sux and is buggie all the time? samsung need to get on the ball....smart hub is AWEFUL....
post #154 of 420
Hi all,

Been lurking on AVSF since i got my new tv. I have one slight annoyance and was wondering if you guys could point me in the correct direction.

Its more of a beam of light and it goes away within a minute of the tv being on but it bugs me. Other then this one issue i love the TV.

Here is a pic of the issue.



thank you!
post #155 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randylahey View Post

Hi all,
Been lurking on AVSF since i got my new tv. I have one slight annoyance and was wondering if you guys could point me in the correct direction.
Its more of a beam of light and it goes away within a minute of the tv being on but it bugs me. Other then this one issue i love the TV.
Here is a pic of the issue.

thank you!

I have small beams of light from the bottom but are only noticable in movie mode or when im using smart hub apps.. I also have some clouding (v shape) but is not notable during normal viewing in standard mode. Yours seems abit worse though, what input and picture mode on you on?
post #156 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

I have small beams of light from the bottom but are only noticable in movie mode or when im using smart hub apps.. I also have some clouding (v shape) but is not notable during normal viewing in standard mode. Yours seems abit worse though, what input and picture mode on you on?

I have set to standard and it only stays that bad for minute or so then fades back to being OK. Seems like the panel warms up and it goes away?

Backlight @ 12
Brightness @ 43
post #157 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

dual core my rear end....what good is the top of the line hardware if the software sux and is buggie all the time? samsung need to get on the ball....smart hub is AWEFUL....

I agree.. the hub is slow as hell.. the apps are slow to load/update/download and are choppy.. The internet brower is the worse, trying to scroll the webpages is like watching a slide show, not smooth at all
post #158 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randylahey View Post

I have set to standard and it only stays that bad for minute or so then fades back to being OK. Seems like the panel warms up and it goes away?
Backlight @ 12
Brightness @ 43

is it a blank screen on hdmi
post #159 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

is it a blank screen on hdmi

that is when you first power on the screen and it says SAMSUNG. That is when it is is most noticeable.
post #160 of 420
The backlight is cranked up all the way during that screen. If it goes away after i wouldnt worry. I have bleed during that logo too
post #161 of 420
Please bare with me as i am new owner of UN55ES7500.

One week back, i bought this tv. I like the picture very much after tweaking few features. After seeing threads in AVS forum, went home and tested the blank black screen for any light bleeding or screen problem (in a dark room, obsolutely no light). I havent noticed any. Its perfect and then i watched 3d movie almost 1 and 1/2 hour. And then tested again in dark room. Now i could able to see some clouding on screen and then blue light in 4 corners. Down left and down right corners are having more blue light bleeding rather than top corners. Top left corner also bleeding with blue light. I am new to LCD and LED technology. when i watched 3d and hd movies from netflix or from usb, i havent noticed any light (i watched movies before this problem occurs, after this problem i havent watched any movie).

I tested the same today morning after 8AM, with some light in room, its quite noticeable with out any picture playing.While watching 3d movie, i havent noticed this problem (ofcourse after watching 3d only i tested)

Now i am scared that if this problem grows, down the line 6 months, i cant return tv. Or i am thinking of exchanging tv rather than return and test again. But no gurantee that new tv works properly. OR ELSE thinking of return back.

Anybody can help me to understand this problem whether the problem will occur more after passing by few months or it will go off after some time. OR else any solution for this
post #162 of 420
This is the biggest problem with this TV... when watching regular content there is little or not light bleed but when 3d is enabled there is noticeable bleed, clouding ( the V shape just above the logo was present in two sets I've had in my home) all the problems that exist are amplified 10 times with 3D. Someone mentioned that it has to do with the backlight being jacked to accomodate for the dim picture but I haven't noticed the same effect even with same settings applied in 2D.

In my mind this set has major manufacture defects... I mean why buy a 3D set if the 3D picture is unbearable to watch?

Anyone else comment on their 3D viewing in low light environment?
post #163 of 420
Okay, you guy's are starting to worry me. I'm returning my 70 in. 2D Sharp and they are delivering a 60 ES on Saturday. I cant believe I'm saying this, but the Sharp was too big. Also the off axis viewing angle was horrible.

Anyway, most of the reviews on the 60 from Amazon and Best Buy were "The 2D and 3D PQ blew me away, but the voice, hand control, and the hub suck." Not that I rely on those opinions. I got a two year warranty from BB and will return it in a heartbeat if it has any problems. Hoping for the best.

I also get a free ISF calibration from BB, so I have to figure out if it has any problems before the calibration. I also got a $200 gift card!
Edited by Hi Deaf - 1/1/13 at 9:43am
post #164 of 420
I watched movies again after noticing clouding and bleeding (after watching 3D). While i am playing the normal content (other than 2D or 3D), the pic quality is not effected by blue light in 4 corners. Everything is perfect. I switched to 3d and watched avatar for 15 mints. When i am returning from movie screen to flash drive content (i watched avatar from flash drive), there is huge white light focused from 4 corners. Now again watched TV with normal content, No noticeable bleeding and picture perfect. As of now, i have to admit that even watching 3D also, i haven't notice any bleed while movie is playing. Noticed bleeding when i am returning back to previous menus or blank screen with no movie playing.

I am now confused that whether i need to return tv or not. When i called Samsung they said as "It is very natural as the TV has LED back lit technology. I need to concern only when that's hurting my picture quality".
post #165 of 420
I guess if you can't see any defects when the display is on, there really isn't an issue. With the gift card a got a Panny 3D player and 3D Avatar. Can't wait to play it.
post #166 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by sowner View Post

I watched movies again after noticing clouding and bleeding (after watching 3D). While i am playing the normal content (other than 2D or 3D), the pic quality is not effected by blue light in 4 corners. Everything is perfect. I switched to 3d and watched avatar for 15 mints. When i am returning from movie screen to flash drive content (i watched avatar from flash drive), there is huge white light focused from 4 corners. Now again watched TV with normal content, No noticeable bleeding and picture perfect. As of now, i have to admit that even watching 3D also, i haven't notice any bleed while movie is playing. Noticed bleeding when i am returning back to previous menus or blank screen with no movie playing.
I am now confused that whether i need to return tv or not. When i called Samsung they said as "It is very natural as the TV has LED back lit technology. I need to concern only when that's hurting my picture quality".

I think this is normal, at least for the 7500 anyways. During normal bluray watching the picture is quite stellar. I noticed the same thing what you are talking about during a 3D movie while screen load changed, but not during the 3D movie. I think I can live with it, again I would characterise it as a clouding in all four corners, no light bleed though. It would be nice if the TV was perfect, Im not going to worry about it though.
Edited by darcman - 1/2/13 at 10:08pm
post #167 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Deaf View Post

I guess if you can't see any defects when the display is on, there really isn't an issue. With the gift card a got a Panny 3D player and 3D Avatar. Can't wait to play it.

Ya I bought a few 3D blu rays as well. Avatar is very cool!! IMAX Under The Sea 3D is very good also. Prometheus wasnt to bad either. I ordered Drive Angry 3D and Titanic 3D....are supposed to be really good. Hugo 3D got some excellent reviews I havent watched it yet though, maybe tonight.
post #168 of 420
The 7500 thread isnt too busy. I was hoping someone would post some pro calibration settings.
Im not sure if someone posted this yet but when I was looking for pro reviews of the 7500 or the 8000
I came across this one of the 7500 its probably the most in depth for both series.

http://www.televisioninfo.com/content/Samsung-UN55ES7500-3D-LED-HDTV-Review.htm

Had the 8000 been on for a super sale I might have bought it. The closest price difference was $500 for the 60"
Which was still to much. I bought the un60es7500 for $2000 during boxing week sale, no buyers remorse here.
I love it, I actually prefer the black bezel over the 8000s silver bezel. Not much difference between the 2 models.
You can buy the evolution kit for both.
post #169 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcman View Post

I came across this one of the 7500 its probably the most in depth for both series.
http://www.televisioninfo.com/content/Samsung-UN55ES7500-3D-LED-HDTV-Review.htm
The 7500 actually scored higher than the 8000 on that site...
post #170 of 420
I wouldn't trust a review from that site... their scoring system is all over the board... They gave the LG6700 a higher score than the 7500.
http://www.televisioninfo.com/content/LG-47LM7600-Cinema-3D-Smart-LED-LCD-HDTV.htm
post #171 of 420
Also for anyone who has clouding issues... I picked up a new set on Monday, the clouding was fairly bad. Old one had the same issue but substantially more bleed.

Based on someones suggestion in the ES8000 forum, I tried massaging the screen in the worst areas and to my amazement the clouding is virtually gone... I tried the exact same thing with an LG 7600 I purchased previously and it didn't do a thing... it must be something to do with the different panels used by each manufacturer.

Anyways just thought I'd share.
post #172 of 420
Can you explain the massaging?
post #173 of 420
Just take one of the felt cloths you get with TV and essentially just rub the screen gently as you would if you were cleaning the screen. You don't need a lot of pressure, just lightly massage it.
post #174 of 420
Okay... I get mine tomorrow and if I have any clouding I'll try it, thanks.
post #175 of 420
It was delivered today. Great PQ, but I have light bleeding through on the sides, like a thin 1/4 strip of a lighter shade. Plus the viewing angle is horrid, which I basically knew, and the wife hates the chrome chicken foot base. I hope BB doesn't get mad, but it's going back also.

I'm gonna bite the bullet and get the Panny TC-P65VT50.
post #176 of 420
I would say my panel was perfect except for some clouding which seemed to be diminishing.
I did the massage thing. well a wipe thing really. I wiped from one side to the other and top to
bottom. I did this a few times. The clouding is GONE!! IT WORKS!!!
post #177 of 420
I seem to have lost skype and other samsung apps since the last firmware update. Anyone else with this problem?
post #178 of 420
So what do y'all think?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/02/samsung-evolution-kit-ces2013/

I really don't even use the "Smart" features, so I doubt I'll bite…

- Jon
post #179 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbauer View Post

So what do y'all think?
http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/02/samsung-evolution-kit-ces2013/
I really don't even use the "Smart" features, so I doubt I'll bite…
- Jon

Unless it improves picture quality. .. a few hundred bucks isnt worth a new hub
post #180 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbauer View Post

So what do y'all think?
http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/02/samsung-evolution-kit-ces2013/
I really don't even use the "Smart" features, so I doubt I'll bite…
- Jon

Unless it improves picture quality. .. a few hundred bucks isnt worth a new hub

I have acquired five apple TVs for the price of one evolution kit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES7500 thread