or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES7500 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES7500 thread - Page 7

post #181 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbauer View Post

So what do y'all think?
http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/02/samsung-evolution-kit-ces2013/
I really don't even use the "Smart" features, so I doubt I'll bite…
- Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

Unless it improves picture quality. .. a few hundred bucks isnt worth a new hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuudogg View Post

I have acquired five apple TVs for the price of one evolution kit.

Follow my thread, I actually have it started yesterday...I had the same link there as you have mentioned....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450292/official-samsung-smart-tv-evolution-kit-thread

Im a samsung guy...but lets see how much this will cost....Im not dishing out tons of cash every year to upgrade the evolution kit....unless its revolutionary.....

BTW...wuudogg....how do u even know how much the price of the evolution kit is? Let's not bring apple in this discussion please...its a samsung thread...besides apple tv is just another streaming device...with samsung smart hub they got rid of the red tape and 3rd party hardware for streaming services...Ill use my PS3 any day over an apple tv, roku, etc...
Edited by EndeaverouX - 1/8/13 at 10:15am
post #182 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

Follow my thread, I actually have it started yesterday...I had the same link there as you have mentioned....
Im a samsung guy...but lets see how much this will cost....Im not dishing out tons of cash every year to upgrade the evolution kit....unless its revolutionary.....
BTW...wuudogg....how do u even know how much the price of the evolution kit is? Let's not bring apple in this discussion please...its a samsung thread...besides apple tv is just another streaming device...with samsung smart hub they got rid of the red tape and 3rd party hardware for streaming services...Ill use my PS3 any day over an apple tv, roku, etc...

Fair enough. As this is a samsung unxxes7500 thread I'll just say that Apple Tv looks great on mine. I know there are many other options out there. I was just put off by the sub-$500 price tag. I truly hope that it is an amazing product. I'm always looking for the next great thing.
post #183 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuudogg View Post

Fair enough. As this is a samsung unxxes7500 thread I'll just say that Apple Tv looks great on mine. I know there are many other options out there. I was just put off by the sub-$500 price tag. I truly hope that it is an amazing product. I'm always looking for the next great thing.

hey brotha, if the price is right, I will get the evolution kit....just gotta wait and see....
post #184 of 423
Total money grab... the smart hub is a piece of **** and I'm not giving samsung more money to fix something that should have been done right in the first place.
post #185 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Total money grab... the smart hub is a piece of **** and I'm not giving samsung more money to fix something that should have been done right in the first place.

I wouldn;t doubt us not getting any more content updates without it.. samsung will prob try and force users to get it
post #186 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Total money grab... the smart hub is a piece of **** and I'm not giving samsung more money to fix something that should have been done right in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

I wouldn;t doubt us not getting any more content updates without it.. samsung will prob try and force users to get it

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450292/official-samsung-smart-tv-evolution-kit-thread

I know you guys are right....its very tempting to get one...Ive got some good sources and info on the link above...

I cant see dishing out that kinda money ($200-$400) for only a smart hub experince...theres gotta be more to it than just that...only time will tell....
post #187 of 423
Will improve the terrible viewing angle on my set? If no, then I don't want it....
post #188 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Will improve the terrible viewing angle on my set? If no, then I don't want it....

lol i feel the same way, i rather just get a new tv with better contrast, blacks and view angles, conformity
post #189 of 423
Thinking if I should pull the trigger on 60es7500 for $2,169.00 at best buy with local retailer price match or should get 60es8000 for $2,304 ?
Any suggestions ?
post #190 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

I have small beams of light from the bottom but are only noticable in movie mode or when im using smart hub apps.. I also have some clouding (v shape) but is not notable during normal viewing in standard mode. Yours seems abit worse though, what input and picture mode on you on?

What bout mine? I just got my TV before a month and initially when I started, I checked for all light bleeding/clouding effect and it wasn't there.
From last couple of days it started getting noticeable and today when I saw it looks like the picture attached.





I wanted to know if this is a serious issue and if should I get my TV replaced? TV is still under return/exchange from Best Buy. When I went to Best Buy today to ask and show pics, the guy rudely said that all edge lit LEDs have this problem and its normal. I don't know what to do?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan
post #191 of 423
If I were you, I would tell the BB guy to keep his "Normal" TV and get your money back. New models are coming out in march and they look awesome. That kind of uniformity is not acceptable.
post #192 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Will improve the terrible viewing angle on my set? If no, then I don't want it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

lol i feel the same way, i rather just get a new tv with better contrast, blacks and view angles, conformity

no matter what flat panel you get... there are limitaions on viewing angles...is a flat panel remmbeber...lol...

what kinda angles are you talking about? up or down, sideways.... why dont you watch your tv right in front of it? lol

the are coming out with curved OLED HDTVs...check out CES 2013 coverage......
post #193 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion79in View Post

What bout mine? I just got my TV before a month and initially when I started, I checked for all light bleeding/clouding effect and it wasn't there.
From last couple of days it started getting noticeable and today when I saw it looks like the picture attached.



I wanted to know if this is a serious issue and if should I get my TV replaced? TV is still under return/exchange from Best Buy. When I went to Best Buy today to ask and show pics, the guy rudely said that all edge lit LEDs have this problem and its normal. I don't know what to do?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Dan

all these tvs have that.....one word....MASSAGE... your screen.....it will go away...
post #194 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

no matter what flat panel you get... there are limitaions on viewing angles...is a flat panel remmbeber...lol...
what kinda angles are you talking about? up or down, sideways.... why dont you watch your tv right in front of it? lol
the are coming out with curved OLED HDTVs...check out CES 2013 coverage......

We all know it's a limitation of the technology but when other competing brand are doing it better then maybe you should step your game....
post #195 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

We all know it's a limitation of the technology but when other competing brand are doing it better then maybe you should step your game....

I agree..i guess you are gonna have to get another brand then....the evlotution kit aint gonna do jack for viewling angles....

at what angle do you wanna watch your TV?
post #196 of 423
I watch my tv from a normal angle but when people come to my house I have to move over, I don't know maybe you don't have visitors, and even at 40 degrees the picture starts to wash out.

Were in 2013, this shouldn't be an issue when other manufactures have managed to even improve their panels viewing angles!
post #197 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion79in View Post

What bout mine? I just got my TV before a month and initially when I started, I checked for all light bleeding/clouding effect and it wasn't there.
From last couple of days it started getting noticeable and today when I saw it looks like the picture attached.





I wanted to know if this is a serious issue and if should I get my TV replaced? TV is still under return/exchange from Best Buy. When I went to Best Buy today to ask and show pics, the guy rudely said that all edge lit LEDs have this problem and its normal. I don't know what to do?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

Thats worse then my tv and I have to be in a dark room to see it. I do same clouding in similar parts.. that cloud above the samsung logo is worst on mine. What annoys me on my set is I have a half inch bar on the top and bottom of the panel that is brighter. Probably from backlight seepage
Edited by rckrz6 - 1/9/13 at 5:28pm
post #198 of 423
Hi every one, my names Peter. I just got the UA46ES7500MXXY on my Wednesday, got it home unpacked it and turned it on went through the setup, Home user, then it looked for WIFI seen my office connection joined with password finished channel search then it comes up with update found starts downloading. Does the update then watched TV for a half hour, had to go pick up the kids turn off. Get back later turn on the TV wife family in tow no wifi go to network tried to join again no go plug in wired network that works restart wifi router all fine, laptop, mobiles all work. Ring Samsung they go through the rest via user manual no luck, try the reset via Exit button that does does not work as nothing happened or no option came up. They are sending a tech out on Monday. Here's the thing while trying to get the bloody exit button reset to work I stumbled across pressing the return button and holding it down a diagnostic option pops up so I run through it and it gives the results LDVS, Network in RED writing with a string of numbers underneath. Does any boby no what this means and would a Factory Reset via Service Menu as I can not get the exit button trick to work fix this. Is the factory reset via service menu ok to do or would the service tech know it has been done?
Can post PICs if needed.

Thanks
Peter:D
post #199 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzyboy View Post

Hi every one, my names Peter. I just got the UA46ES7500MXXY on my Wednesday, got it home unpacked it and turned it on went through the setup, Home user, then it looked for WIFI seen my office connection joined with password finished channel search then it comes up with update found starts downloading. Does the update then watched TV for a half hour, had to go pick up the kids turn off. Get back later turn on the TV wife family in tow no wifi go to network tried to join again no go plug in wired network that works restart wifi router all fine, laptop, mobiles all work. Ring Samsung they go through the rest via user manual no luck, try the reset via Exit button that does does not work as nothing happened or no option came up. They are sending a tech out on Monday. Here's the thing while trying to get the bloody exit button reset to work I stumbled across pressing the return button and holding it down a diagnostic option pops up so I run through it and it gives the results LDVS, Network in RED writing with a string of numbers underneath. Does any boby no what this means and would a Factory Reset via Service Menu as I can not get the exit button trick to work fix this. Is the factory reset via service menu ok to do or would the service tech know it has been done?
Can post PICs if needed.

Thanks
Peter:D

I wouldnt enter the service menu, only harm can come from that unless you know exactly what your doing and I doubt the tech will know you been in there. Have u tried support... self diagnois.... reset
post #200 of 423
Hey Rckrz6 thanks mate don't really want to go there SM. do you know what the DLVS error is from google it points towards cabling to LCD ?
post #201 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzyboy View Post

Hey Rckrz6 thanks mate don't really want to go there SM. do you know what the DLVS error is from google it points towards cabling to LCD ?

I have no idea
post #202 of 423
So, my parents just bought this set and it looks great. Unfortunately,they have an old A/V receiver that doesn't have any digital audio inputs so while installing the set for them I connected the TV to their receiver by using a 3.5 to RCA cable. That way they can use the Netflix feature on the TV. They only have a L/R speaker setup but the problem is that one of the channels (left specifically) is extremely low, basically 95% of the sound is coming out of one speaker.

Does anybody else have their audio setup using the analog audio connects and does it sound okay?

Thanks!
post #203 of 423
Check balance setting on receiver and tv?
post #204 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckrz6 View Post

Check balance setting on receiver and tv?

I checked on the receiver but I didn't know that the TV had a balance setting. However, I did turn off the TV speakers so even if the TV has a audio balance option I would think it would of been disabled when I turned it off. Either way, I'll check it out.

Thanks!
post #205 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

all these tvs have that.....one word....MASSAGE... your screen.....it will go away...

What do you mean by massage the screen? What exactly do you do? Never heard of this.
post #206 of 423
Now that this series has been out a while I was wondering if some more people could post their settings for this tv. I tried some settings posted on page 1 of this thread but they don't seem that great. Just wondering what everyone is using.
post #207 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus305 View Post

What do you mean by massage the screen? What exactly do you do? Never heard of this.

Have you never heard of a massage? You must live in a lonely part of town...

Seriously though, it's just what it sounds like, grab one of those felt cleaners and rub your screen.
post #208 of 423
What settings do you fellow gamers use?

I was previously using game mode for everything, I play a lot of COD online so the less the better, but I've been experimenting with labeling the input as PC instead... the biggest problem I notice is picture quality in either modes is lacking... game mode looks like crap essentially, I've read the refresh is cut in half as well.

Curious as to what other folks are using....
post #209 of 423
In regards to automotion settings, I love the soap opera effect and how clear everything looks using the smooth and standard settings. One thing I notice is the image sometimes flutters, skip a frame, etc.

Is this normal, or is there a problem with my tv? Do other tvs from other companies have the same problem or is it just that samsung algorithms for filling in missing frames is not good enough? I believe I have the latest firmware as my tv tells me I have.

Thanks for any info you have.
post #210 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpatel View Post

In regards to automotion settings, I love the soap opera effect and how clear everything looks using the smooth and standard settings. One thing I notice is the image sometimes flutters, skip a frame, etc.

Is this normal, or is there a problem with my tv? Do other tvs from other companies have the same problem or is it just that samsung algorithms for filling in missing frames is not good enough? I believe I have the latest firmware as my tv tells me I have.

Thanks for any info you have.

yes it is normal that it skips, flutter, lags, chops. Its an artificial insertion of extra frames called interpolation. Its a know issue... its the nature of the beast.... please read all the posts and threads...been there, done that....it's an old discussion, never ends....there is no right or wrong answer....if you like it, its all good, but then dont complain about the lag, chopiness, flutter, skipping nonsense.....

here, you will find all the answers u are looking for:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1444011/official-samsung-auto-motion-plus-thread-gimmick-or-substance
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES7500 thread