or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES7500 thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNxxES7500 thread - Page 3

post #61 of 420
Just got the 60es7500 last week and love it so far. Only problem that I am seeing is clouding on a lot of the left side of the panel. Just a couple of questions. How much clouding is too much? Will it go away the more hours I put on it? Thanks!!!
post #62 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanburc88 View Post

Just got the 60es7500 last week and love it so far. Only problem that I am seeing is clouding on a lot of the left side of the panel. Just a couple of questions. How much clouding is too much? Will it go away the more hours I put on it? Thanks!!!

Supposedly the sets take about 3 weeks to break-in, I had some clouding on my 7100 and after about 3 weeks it did decrease. Also using Standard mode rather than Movie also knocks out the majority of clouding right off the bat.

As far as how much is too much, that is up to you, but virtually all LED sets will suffer from clouding. I would say as long as it is not noticeable under normal viewing conditions then it is fine. You may occasionally notice it if you are watching in a darkened room on a very dark scene, but if that is the only time I would say that is acceptable with LED technology.
post #63 of 420
I've had my tv for a about two months and I'm noticing that the Soap Opera effect is less and less noticable. Im not sure if it's just me getting used to it but it seams as if it's not really there. I've tried setting the Auto Motion to various settings as well as enabling/disabling Motion Plus but I cant seem to get it where I like it. I had the C650 before this set and it was very obvious when the feature was turned on. I've had a few friends also tell me the feature seams less noticable on the es7500 as well.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
post #64 of 420
Thanks for the input. I only notice it really when there is a completely black screen and I don't notice it during normal viewing so I think that it will work for me
post #65 of 420
Hey does the ES7500 have a variable audio output? Or is it only fixed level out?

I'm looking for a thin TV for the bedroom to run with a set of powered speakers. I have no receiver or preamp in the chain and want to adjust the volume with the TV. I was ready to buy the ES7500 until I saw a comment on another site that it does not have variable audio out.

Thanks!
post #66 of 420
So I was watching a movie with darker scenes tonight and I noticed very bad clouding and light coming from the sides. It basically make the whole picture grey. I turned down the backlight and the brightness and it was still horrible. I have the 60es7500. I know LEDs are not the best in this area but it looks worse then I thought. How black is it supposed to get and would going with an 55es7500 or 55es8000 make this any better? Thank you I'm still new with all this tv stuff
post #67 of 420
I and other people owning this TV have noticed that these issues, but they do go away with time and it appears to be either time or an update that will remedy it. I too had a big issue with this "clouding" but one day I noticed it just went away. There are theories that this clouding is caused from screws which impose pressure on the back panels, but seeing how my and others no longer experience it I would say that the screw thing is bogus. You could return it and exchange for another in hopes those issues aren't prevalent on your new tv, as some people never experience it, but in my case it went away.

Still going to post my settings for 10p white for you guys, but I am also thinking of pulling the trigger on an ISF certified guy to come dial it in with the correct equipment. Best Buy has a mobile guy for $250 who will come out and set it up properly. Soon I will post my settings or their's, just been to busy to find the time.
post #68 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNUStm View Post

I've had my tv for a about two months and I'm noticing that the Soap Opera effect is less and less noticable. Im not sure if it's just me getting used to it but it seams as if it's not really there. I've tried setting the Auto Motion to various settings as well as enabling/disabling Motion Plus but I cant seem to get it where I like it. I had the C650 before this set and it was very obvious when the feature was turned on. I've had a few friends also tell me the feature seams less noticable on the es7500 as well.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Anyone else with this set feel the "soe" is not very noticeable?
post #69 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_vogel View Post

Hey does the ES7500 have a variable audio output? Or is it only fixed level out?
I'm looking for a thin TV for the bedroom to run with a set of powered speakers. I have no receiver or preamp in the chain and want to adjust the volume with the TV. I was ready to buy the ES7500 until I saw a comment on another site that it does not have variable audio out.
Thanks!

Unfortunately it doesn't have a variable audio output, that was the most disappointing thing for me when I bought this unit. I ended up purchasing the Samsung sound bar with wireless subwoofer for casual TV watching, so I don't have to fire up my surround sound system so often.
post #70 of 420
A little bit off topic, but I purchased this TV recently and want to know if the box will fit in my hatchback. Does anyone have the dimensions of the box? This is for the 55" 7500.

Thanks
post #71 of 420
Ok, good news on the calibration front. If any of you bought your tv from best buy, and are silver reward zone members, best buy is giving silver members perks and one of the perks was a free in home tv calibration! Have one scheduled for the 17th and will post the settings soon after. But most of u who bought this tv at best buy, this new freebie is open to you too! Call best buy set it up. Settings coining soon!
post #72 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephpun View Post

A little bit off topic, but I purchased this TV recently and want to know if the box will fit in my hatchback. Does anyone have the dimensions of the box? This is for the 55" 7500.
Thanks

Our 55ES7100 (should be the same box) fit in my 2012 Ford Fusion and 2010 VW GTI if that helps...seats down in both vehicles.
post #73 of 420
what i still don't understand is why samsung chose the default sharpness setting of 50 to look like its maxed out. I have to literally turn sharpness all the way down to 0 to get a decent picture. Otherwise the picture looks very grainy
post #74 of 420
Good morning fellow 7500 owners !

I am new here , apologies for the nQQb posting.
i recently got me a 40" ES7500 to play PC games on and had some questions on how to improve the picture quality and response times, so please bare with me on the questions smile.gif


1) This set is said to be 600Hz CMR , I still only manage to get 60Hz and see some tearing when playing games ( PC via HDMI ).

2) I have to use Game Mode for PC gaming else the input lag is quite noticeable , this however also disables alot of the ES7500s advanced picture settings that would appear to smoothe out the image in say Movie mode.

3) Is there any way that I can imrpove the Hz on the HDMI signal from my PC as i believe this should alleviate some of the tearing and blurring I am experiencing ?

I've noticed a ton of threads with posts , but none giving quite a clear indication of the above.

Cheers
Way
post #75 of 420
Good news, just bought a Logitech k400 wireless keyboard for $24.98 at Walmart and it syncs and works great with the es7500. Rather than pay $100 for the wireless keyboard at Best buy that i may only use once a month, this does 98% of what the $100one does. Calibration settings coming soon!
post #76 of 420
I use a logitch bluetooth keyboard from my tablet. Works great. But best addition was a gyrotech usb mouse. Much better than scrolling with remote. And you can change songs on pandora without having a surface to mouse on. Works like a mouse or wii remote. Only 10 to 20 dollars.

I have pretty good settings from a mixture of es8000 calibration thread and WOW dism modifications. But looking forward to scuba steves.
post #77 of 420
Calibrator coming Friday.
post #78 of 420
ok guys, here we go. Not sure if you'll be able to replicate these settings as sadly i was on the phone the entire time the tech was setting up the TV, but below are the exact specs which they emailed me after the final calibration. I do not see White balance settings where not included. FYI - the settings from the 8000 series are completely incorrect, so do not try to calibrate based on settings for other TV's. The tech told me the difference in TV's between the 7500 vs the 8000 series is huge. Here you go, hope they help. Sorry, it was a cut and paste job out of an excel file hence the terrible spacing.


Input 1

Picture Mode : name new for settings
Picture Temperature Cool warm 2
Contrast (Picture) 96
Brightness (Picture) 44
Color (Saturation) 55
Hue (Tint, Phase) r1
Sharpness (Detail) 21
Backlight 12
Red Drive (Gain, High) f3 10
Green Drive (Gain, High) ff 45
Blue Drive (Gain, High) a9 5
Red Cutoff (Bias, Offset) 80 25
Green Cutoff (Bias, Offset) 80 24
Blue Cutoff (Bias, Offset) 80 22

update, just asked the cal. tech about the white balance and was told my white balance was almost spot on. I got 10p white balance from the 8000 series settings, so apparently when it comes to the whites they are very similar. For those settings see previous posts.
Edited by ScubaSteve13 - 9/21/12 at 10:39am
post #79 of 420
Can you pull the settings directly off the tv? These don't exactly match tv adjustable settings.....
post #80 of 420
will try, but just left on business for 2 weeks. will try to find time when i get back. BTW, the 10p white is turned off.
post #81 of 420
Improved the color for sure. Overall i like it. But i still had to add low dynamic contrast and dark blacks, which most people say dont do, because these settings with eco brightness seem to reduce clouding at viiewing angles on my set. Set the color to native since there were no settings for this. Plus i dont get why all settings i see are warm 2. That just looks unnatural, very sepia like. Warm 1 is better for me.
post #82 of 420
Picking up a 60es7500 this week. Question for anyone who has mounted theirs -- what is the slimmest option? It looks like the Samsung ultra slim (picture hanging-type) mounts from last year are not designed for this year's models? Any opinions on the new 250 mount? Looks like it moves the TV out further from the wall than the 2011 options.

Any experience/insight appreciated.

Thanks.
post #83 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve13 View Post

ok guys, here we go. Not sure if you'll be able to replicate these settings as sadly i was on the phone the entire time the tech was setting up the TV, but below are the exact specs which they emailed me after the final calibration. I do not see White balance settings where not included. FYI - the settings from the 8000 series are completely incorrect, so do not try to calibrate based on settings for other TV's. The tech told me the difference in TV's between the 7500 vs the 8000 series is huge. Here you go, hope they help. Sorry, it was a cut and paste job out of an excel file hence the terrible spacing.
Input 1

Picture Mode : name new for settings
Picture Temperature Cool warm 2
Contrast (Picture) 96
Brightness (Picture) 44
Color (Saturation) 55
Hue (Tint, Phase) r1
Sharpness (Detail) 21
Backlight 12
Red Drive (Gain, High) f3 10
Green Drive (Gain, High) ff 45
Blue Drive (Gain, High) a9 5
Red Cutoff (Bias, Offset) 80 25
Green Cutoff (Bias, Offset) 80 24
Blue Cutoff (Bias, Offset) 80 22
update, just asked the cal. tech about the white balance and was told my white balance was almost spot on. I got 10p white balance from the 8000 series settings, so apparently when it comes to the whites they are very similar. For those settings see previous posts.

Hi ScubaSteve
Any chance you could pull those settings off the TV, as the settings you posted are different to the the adjustable settings in the menus? I have had this Display for a few weeks now and while I have tried the ES8000 calibration settings posted in various threads they are not quite right. Unfortunately I live in a small town and we do not have access to calibration techs.

Thanks
Tony
Edited by rushers - 10/6/12 at 6:28am
post #84 of 420
back in town next week!
post #85 of 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve13 View Post

back in town next week!
Great thanks and sorry I only saw your post from earlier now rolleyes.gif
post #86 of 420
I purchased the 60" version a couple of weeks ago. Love it. I'll be trying the calibration settings here to see how I like them.
post #87 of 420
I just joined today and I noticed for some odd reason there is barely any information regarding the E7500!? I find this set to be wonderful and I'm here to find out how to make it better. Any suggestions on calibration would be welcomed.
post #88 of 420
Hello All, new here. Bought my 7500 back in June, yesterday it started with these Black flickering issues. Its not the HDMI cables, it does it through the Cable, Blu-Ray, PS3 and even USB. When I disconnect it from power and plug it back in, it will be normal for 5-10 minutes,
and it goes right back in to a black flickering mode, can still hear sound and everything normal, but the screen is unwatchable. Still under warranty, sent a service request through Samsung, but never got a call from the company, called Best Buy and Geek Squad is sending a tech out on Tuesday. I was wondering if it is something simple that I can fix, It has the most recent updates though the TV Wifi. This is driving me nuts.

157fc4h.jpg
post #89 of 420
Just bought this TV. Loving it so far, although I'm struggling with some over scan issues. I have a few more weeks to decide if I keep it. I was only really tempted by the LG (and possibly plasma, though I like the look of LCD better). Anyone have any hidden gotchas, I should know about?

PDQ
post #90 of 420
I'd say you got issues, as I have never seen this on my TV. Def needs to be replaced. Best Buy is 10x better to work with on replacing and fixing, Samsung is like telling at a wall and you'll get nowhere with them. Best Buy is awesome and if you bought this TV through them, and spent more than $2500, you are now a Silver rewards member and you are entitled to one free TV calibration, which you've seen from some of these treads, makes a great difference with the overall settings of the set. Check your silv er rewards benifits. You think it looks good now, get it ICF certifed. Best Buy should replace the TV for you and I would insist that you do, you do not need this problem happening again 13months after purchase and thus not covered.

BTW for everyone, you can get a 3 year additional warranty for this TV for $139 at DTV Express. well worth the coverage.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNxxES7500 thread