or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM8600/55LM8600 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official LG 47LM8600/55LM8600 Owners Thread - Page 17

post #481 of 1377
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CELMS View Post

If you have this update 03.01.50 then go to the HOME button and SETTINGS and click on the software update under the SUPPORT tab. Took a little while to download but it works better than yesterday. This is not a USB update.

Sure enough....there is an update....I hope it fixes some input lag. but I doubt it.
post #482 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by CELMS View Post

Yes after upgrading it seems I can use the K400, Magic Remote or my DVR remote and it all works including the touchpad. I signed into Youtube and went to Netflix with no problems. Make sure you sign in and out of your LG account so it accepts the new terms policy, and restart the TV. Was on the computer chat last night and the tech said the touchpad wouldn't work but it is working, she also couldn't tell me how to do that other update, that's how I found this site and followed the directions on page 15, forgot the name but THANK YOU!
This is so much better having the keyboard and touchpad. Noticed also the 3D settings grays out if you have 3D off but turns back on when 3D is in use.
y
Oh yup its working now after the upgrade..though sometime d response slow may be its due to tv distance. When you say sign in n out that is LG world/app account right??
post #483 of 1377
Yes the app account other wise the terms and conditions kept popping up when I was in the settings menu
post #484 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerkoozie View Post

I popped in a copy of Bolt 3D and noticed that the audio sounded way off on parts of the video. The sound would alternately get loud and quiet.
3. The audio issues on Bolt and This Is It still persisted.

I experience that as well whenever I watch any 3d movie, the sound will go very loud, and then go quiet again.
Go to the Sound or Audio Settings, and turn off the "3D Sound Zooming". That should fix it..
post #485 of 1377
Skype is up..anybody tried using it??

Any way around to use our own cam or have to be their mentioned LG cam??
post #486 of 1377
New update is available. Includes the ability to use the Magic Remote to run your satellite/cable box. Still wish I could control my LG receiver though....
post #487 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsageCowboy View Post

New update is available. Includes the ability to use the Magic Remote to run your satellite/cable box. Still wish I could control my LG receiver though....

I updated my set last night. I have noticed the "pop up" suggestion regarding setting up the wand remote with my cable box, however I haven't done that yet. Other than that I haven't noticed any other changes or improvements.
post #488 of 1377
What special setting did you have to set in order for the phone app to see the TV?
The app doesn't see my TV and in the settings, it doesn't list the TV as supported.
post #489 of 1377
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeehobo View Post

What special setting did you have to set in order for the phone app to see the TV?
The app doesn't see my TV and in the settings, it doesn't list the TV as supported.
I think you have the wrong app. There are 2. One supports TVs previous to 2012 and the other supports 2012 models. Make sure you have "LG Magic"
post #490 of 1377
Thread Starter 
O.K....so my battle with input lag on this TV continues.
I have tried everything that comes to mind, over the past 8 weeks. It is very frustrating. I have an older 360 arcade version and I think, the only thing I have not tried yet is a 360 slim.
The game I have mostly played over the last many weeks is Ghost Recon FS. I also have been playing a bit of Batman Arkam Asylum(because I never got around to it before). They both lag very badly....to the point I do not want to play anymore.
A few nights ago, while trying different setting combinations on both the 360 and the TV, I thought I had better try some other games. I popped in COD:MW3. BEHOLD! No lag, or so little I could not detect it.
So, I guess I will need to rent my games before buying, just to see if my TV can process the image without lag.frown.gif

Is anyone else dealing with this?
post #491 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by talijay View Post

I experience that as well whenever I watch any 3d movie, the sound will go very loud, and then go quiet again.
Go to the Sound or Audio Settings, and turn off the "3D Sound Zooming". That should fix it..

I don't see this setting. Is it called something else?
post #492 of 1377
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerkoozie View Post

I don't see this setting. Is it called something else?

That's what it's called, but it does not fix the problem if you are watching web-streaming content.
post #493 of 1377
Received my 55LM8600 3 days ago. It's replacing my old but trusty Westinghouse 42" LVM42W2.
Yes, the old Westy is still alive and kicking strong --- I must really have a lot of luck, considering the amount of negative comments/reports it received in AVS owners' forum. If those comments really reflect the population distribution, this Westy should never survive this long without any issues. Which goes to show that one upset customer will outscream 100 happy customers.

I went here to check for calbration settings, but only saw tons of negative comments/reports. Decided to just wait for my TV to arrive and test it thoroughly myself.

Overall, I like the TV.
I do get some light bleeding, but only with complete darkness (room and scene) and high backlit settings. A highly unrealistic combination for me.

Some of my personal don't likes:
- #1: Colors are all over the place. Perfect for watching circus clowns show. smile.gif
- Vewing angle is lousy (probably from the AR screen). Especially compared to my other IPS displays. Nitpicking here.
- I think the screen is actually plastic, not glass. It's too flexible and flimsy to be glass. Probably won't use Windex on it, like I do with my other glass displays.
- Build quality is so-so. You could push some area of the case and screen, and it would give/flex. Do not squeeze the edges - scary what that will do to the lighting. I paid LG money, and I got LG quality - it's no Sony HX929, for sure.
- Auto lighting is ANNOYING. Disabled from now on.
- 3D and Apps are gimmicky garbage. I'll take my i5 HTPC, PS3, Xbox360 and etc, over the Smart TV and its Apps, thank you.
- Same goes with Magic remote. Nice gimmick, but I'll still rely on my Pioneer remote. The TV will stay in HDMI1, forever, with my Pio AVR doing all the A/V switching.

Pros, so far:
- Don't have issue with rebooting, so far yet.
- No heat issue.
- No issues with audio sync (people still use TV speakers, really???) - Internal speakers will be disabled forever.
- Light bleeding is not a concern.


Dear LG: if you give me a higher resolution panel, or gorilla glass screen, or even just factory calibrated color profile - you could take my Apps, 3D, 12prs of glasses and the internal speakers back. smile.gif


Mounting and calibration are next (DVE, Spears-Munsil, Disney WoW, iMatch3 & HCFR w/ i1 Display2 for PC). -- Hopefully this will solve my #1 issue with the TV.
PM me if you want to compare calibration settings - I should have several sets soon.
I think it'd be interesting to compare, especially if it's done with different HW/SW Calibrators.

Not interested in argument/debate here. Only cal settings and other tips. Peace!
post #494 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by talijay View Post

Does anyone here encounter a problem wherein the wifi connection disconnects after 30 (minutes more or less)?
I have the 47", when I turn on the tv, it connects properly to my home wifi automatically. And while watching netflix, it stops after 30mins and I can't watch anything. Upon checking, I noticed that my network connection is disconnected. I have to turn off/turn on the tv 2x or 3x, and then it will connect again automatically. And after 30 minutes, it's disconnected again.
I tried connecting using wired, and there's no issue, the problem is when using wireless only.
Has anyone encountered this problem?

Have you or anyone else figured anything out relating to WiFi disconnecting? I am experiencing the same problem. Also, does anyone notice YouTube not staying signed in? Its really a turnoff to have to type the password in over and over again.

I don't have any Ethernet jacks near and running wires is not an option.
post #495 of 1377
Hi,

I was thinking to Purchase 55LM8600, looks like there are issues with this model. Please suggest me what you guys think? still is it the better choice? The main advantage of having LG is, all the models supports 110v to 240v 50/60Hz.

Is there any better choice available for the price range $1600??
post #496 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpow View Post

- No issues with audio sync (people still use TV speakers, really???) - Internal speakers will be disabled forever.

Just popped in here to read a bit regarding this set - and read this comment.

It's astonishing to me that people are incapable of understanding how useful built-in speakers are.

Ever hear of apartments? Most neighbors don't appreciate it when I crank the surround speakers up at 1:00 in the morning. I can use the built-in tv speakers and not get a knock on my door.

Also, why do I need the news in surround? Or maybe I just don't want to disturb my girlfriend who is sleeping in the other room.

Not everyone is a homeowner.
post #497 of 1377
I already returned 2 of these sets for really bad light bleed. I took the risk on a third and awaiting for it to arrived. It has been more then a month since I ordered and it suppose to ship in September. I'm getting really impatient and the price for the 55G2 is tempting. I paid $1824 for the TV plus a blu ray surround system for free. Since the surround system has shipped and is over 30 days I can't return it. So it mean If I cancel the the Tv I would only get $1500 back. Enough to buy an 55g2 and still keep some money in my pocket. Does anybody know what is the major differences between these two sets? Please advise if the G2 is worth it. I'm just afraid of getting light bleed on my new 8600 set. And I believe since the G2 has a bigger frame then it would have less light bleed.
post #498 of 1377
Ok, so I can't get the tv to stream video on to my phone. I tried logging in and out of the LG Smart World, but no dice. I get an error stating that current LG Smart TV status does not support mobile to watch video. Any ideas??? I can take a screenshot, which works fine, but cannot stream video.
post #499 of 1377
Hi guys, i´m new here cool.gif

Few days ago was got my 55LM8600-UC and when i access to the service menu, many of the options it´s greyed when upgrade to sofware 4.02.84.

I´m try to downgrade to original firmware come with the tv (3.01.34) but no lucky on google. Likes to change some features on tv (THX, 3D THX, DVR, etc) confused.gif

Does anyone have a copy or backup of that firmware (3.01.34) for LG 55LM8600-UC ?

Thnx for any help biggrin.gif
post #500 of 1377
do you guys that own this tv know how it compares to the previous yr LG 55LX9500..does the 480 refresh and full array dimming make a big difference?
post #501 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsageCowboy View Post

Ok, so I can't get the tv to stream video on to my phone. I tried logging in and out of the LG Smart World, but no dice. I get an error stating that current LG Smart TV status does not support mobile to watch video. Any ideas??? I can take a screenshot, which works fine, but cannot stream video.

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure this out?
post #502 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcf517 View Post

Have you or anyone else figured anything out relating to WiFi disconnecting? I am experiencing the same problem. Also, does anyone notice YouTube not staying signed in? Its really a turnoff to have to type the password in over and over again.
I don't have any Ethernet jacks near and running wires is not an option.

I actually returned my unit and got a replacement. The replacement works fine now and wifi does not disconnect anymore. If your unit is still within the replacement period, try to get a replacement. If not, try to contact lg support and they will send a tech to check your unit.
post #503 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takito View Post

Hi guys, i´m new here cool.gif
Few days ago was got my 55LM8600-UC and when i access to the service menu, many of the options it´s greyed when upgrade to sofware 4.02.84.
I´m try to downgrade to original firmware come with the tv (3.01.34) but no lucky on google. Likes to change some features on tv (THX, 3D THX, DVR, etc) confused.gif
Does anyone have a copy or backup of that firmware (3.01.34) for LG 55LM8600-UC ?
Thnx for any help biggrin.gif
You can't change much on the service menu for the 2012 LG models
post #504 of 1377
l
post #505 of 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxorox87 View Post

O.K....so my battle with input lag on this TV continues.
I have tried everything that comes to mind, over the past 8 weeks. It is very frustrating. I have an older 360 arcade version and I think, the only thing I have not tried yet is a 360 slim.
The game I have mostly played over the last many weeks is Ghost Recon FS. I also have been playing a bit of Batman Arkam Asylum(because I never got around to it before). They both lag very badly....to the point I do not want to play anymore.
A few nights ago, while trying different setting combinations on both the 360 and the TV, I thought I had better try some other games. I popped in COD:MW3. BEHOLD! No lag, or so little I could not detect it.
So, I guess I will need to rent my games before buying, just to see if my TV can process the image without lag.frown.gif
Is anyone else dealing with this?

I was very concerned for about 24 hours. I will mostly use this for playing video games (360). One of the first things I did was hook-up the 360 and the picture was fantastic, but the input lag or controller lag or latency...or whatever you want to call it......made the game-play UNBEARABLE.
I am using component cables from the 360. I switched the 360 from 1080i to 1080p and set the TV "component" input to "Gaming". Now I get ZERO lag and I am so happy.
post #506 of 1377
Was wondering If anyone had some good calabration settings for a low light room for the LG 55LM8600? Would really appreciate it!!!
post #507 of 1377
How exactly do you uninstall Plex on the 8600?
post #508 of 1377
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sin999 View Post

I was very concerned for about 24 hours. I will mostly use this for playing video games (360). One of the first things I did was hook-up the 360 and the picture was fantastic, but the input lag or controller lag or latency...or whatever you want to call it......made the game-play UNBEARABLE.
I am using component cables from the 360. I switched the 360 from 1080i to 1080p and set the TV "component" input to "Gaming". Now I get ZERO lag and I am so happy.

This does not reduce my input lag at all. I am still waiting/searching for a solution.
post #509 of 1377
Nope. I've still not solved the issue with streaming video to the iPhone app. Bizarre.
post #510 of 1377
Hi, I was wondering if the 47lm8600 can be used as a media player with a usb drive connected to the back? and if it can, what file formats it supports?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official LG 47LM8600/55LM8600 Owners Thread