or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Iron Man 3 - Page 4

post #91 of 437
What....weekend BO are suppose to be a record breaking 195 mil and nobody has seen it yet and drop their feedback ?
post #92 of 437
I found this mini-review and pray to god it's either not true or there's more to the movie than that. But it's very possible because I know for a fact sometimes a 90%+ on RT "sometimes" can be misleading and is just bunch of biased based critic reviews and the movie does suck to me at least..I.E..SW ep 3 Revenge of the Sith. Looper, Moonrise Kingdom, Rango, Moneyball,.. on and on.

I do believe that Iron Man 3 is a wonderful, well-crafted movie. But it is not an Iron Man movie. In fact, I believe, that Remote Man is the more apt title. Iron Man as the name denotes is a man inside a metal suite. But in the movie, he rarely donned the suit himself, probably in a total of 10 minutes in the whole movie.


People who disagree do not automatically mean that they are trolls, when the fact is, it is entirely plausible and possible that they could be more perceptive than you, and see more things than even you can imagine.
post #93 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

I found this mini-review and pray to god it's either not true or there's more to the movie than that. But it's very possible because I know for a fact sometimes a 90%+ on RT "sometimes" can be misleading and is just bunch of biased based critic reviews and the movie does suck to me at least..I.E..SW ep 3 Revenge of the Sith. Looper, Moonrise Kingdom, Rango, Moneyball,.. on and on.

I do believe that Iron Man 3 is a wonderful, well-crafted movie. But it is not an Iron Man movie. In fact, I believe, that Remote Man is the more apt title. Iron Man as the name denotes is a man inside a metal suite. But in the movie, he rarely donned the suit himself, probably in a total of 10 minutes in the whole movie.


People who disagree do not automatically mean that they are trolls, when the fact is, it is entirely plausible and possible that they could be more perceptive than you, and see more things than even you can imagine.

Before one can offer any kind of valid opinion, one should see it. I don't care what critics have to say and go out of my way to avoid reading them, especially, prior to seeing the film. If one is interested, just see it and make up your own mind. Will see this 5/3 in 3D and Dolby Atmos with 4K projection and preferably a laser projector. That person, could have said the same thing about Skyfall and the James Bond films.
post #94 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

What....weekend BO are suppose to be a record breaking 195 mil and nobody has seen it yet and drop their feedback ?

According to IMDb, Iron Man 3 doesn't open until next Friday, May 3.
post #95 of 437
I should be going this Thursday Night, cant wait.
post #96 of 437
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

According to IMDb, Iron Man 3 doesn't open until next Friday, May 3.

It was released overseas on April 23, 2013 according to Box Office Mojo. And has already grossed $195,300,000.
post #97 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

It was released overseas on April 23, 2013 according to Box Office Mojo.

That is correct
post #98 of 437
Ooops my bad, guess we'll talk next weekend.

That's a mighty fine set up you have there Mr Franin. You got all my favs in there,..Denon, JL, the Focals's are nice but a KEF R series would be sa-weet.
post #99 of 437
A review with a different perspective favoring Iron Man 3.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/iron-man-3-review-moviemantz-184852620.html
post #100 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Ooops my bad, guess we'll talk next weekend.

That's a mighty fine set up you have there Mr Franin. You got all my favs in there,..Denon, JL, the Focals's are nice but a KEF R series would be sa-weet.

Thank you Zoey smile.gif
post #101 of 437
I just saw it last night at a sneak peek premier. I hate to say it but it sucked big time. If you liked the first Iron man, you will HATE this one. I don't want to drop spoilers but they made Tony Stark into a James Bond type of person with comedy. Iron Man itself is hardly even in the picture. Also, the new armors seem to be made of plastic now. I am not even going to start on the many plot holes or the fact that the main villain is a total swerve and disgrace to all Iron Man/ comic book fans. I give it a 3 out of 10.

This will go down as one of the worst comic book movies of all time. Next to Superman 4 and Batman & Robin. I wish I could say I am just trolling you guys but I am not, it really is that bad. mad.gif
post #102 of 437
I was afraid of that. The trailers didn't make it even look like an Iron Man movie. More like a generic revenge flick.
post #103 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Steffek View Post

I just saw it last night at a sneak peek premier. I hate to say it but it sucked big time. If you liked the first Iron man, you will HATE this one. I don't want to drop spoilers but they made Tony Stark into a James Bond type of person with comedy. Iron Man itself is hardly even in the picture. Also, the new armors seem to be made of plastic now. I am not even going to start on the many plot holes or the fact that the main villain is a total swerve and disgrace to all Iron Man/ comic book fans. I give it a 3 out of 10.

This will go down as one of the worst comic book movies of all time. Next to Superman 4 and Batman & Robin. I wish I could say I am just trolling you guys but I am not, it really is that bad. mad.gif

I felt the exact opposite, but I thought comic book fans may have a problem with it. When the screening was over, I said to my critic friend that fans of the comics will probably be unhappy. I loved it and will watch it again in IMAX.
post #104 of 437
post #105 of 437
Quote:

Just go to RottenTomatoes. As of this post there are close to 70 reviews posted.
post #106 of 437
For those that have seen it, how is it with the profanity? I have a couple of young one's that I'd like to take this weekend; however, it always seems that one of Hollywood's prerequisites for making a "bigger better" sequel is to increase and worsen the profanity. I really got burned by Transformer's with this one!
post #107 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

For those that have seen it, how is it with the profanity? I have a couple of young one's that I'd like to take this weekend; however, it always seems that one of Hollywood's prerequisites for making a "bigger better" sequel is to increase and worsen the profanity. I really got burned by Transformer's with this one!

No F-bombs or anything else that stood out for me. I think you'll be quite safe. smile.gif
post #108 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

For those that have seen it, how is it with the profanity? I have a couple of young one's that I'd like to take this weekend; however, it always seems that one of Hollywood's prerequisites for making a "bigger better" sequel is to increase and worsen the profanity. I really got burned by Transformer's with this one!
Maybe you should screen it first?
post #109 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

For those that have seen it, how is it with the profanity? I have a couple of young one's that I'd like to take this weekend; however, it always seems that one of Hollywood's prerequisites for making a "bigger better" sequel is to increase and worsen the profanity. I really got burned by Transformer's with this one!

I'm watching it tomorrow night ill try to keep an ear out for any profanity
post #110 of 437
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I'm not opposed to prescreening it but unusually, the family schedule works out great this weekend and we'd would like to take advantage of it. I talk to my kids about language that's heard in movies, especially movies that are strongly targeted to kids. A profane word or two here or there is at least tolerable but when every other scene is laced with profanity or they use some of the "biggies" then I try to steer the kids away at their ages. Like I said, as an example, the last two Transformers movies really caught me off guard with not only a significant increase in profanity but f-bombs and even p-bombs really made it uncomfortable for me and I wish I had known ahead of time. But I went in blind thinking nothing of it because the first one wasn't like that.
post #111 of 437
This is no Transformers 2. Rest assured, you won't have to worry.
post #112 of 437
This is an article about the prospect of a fourth Iron Man movie and RDJ's involvement. Nothing committed one way or the other here except that RDJ is "slated" to be in The Avengers sequel.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/iron-man-fourth-movie-211452229.html
post #113 of 437
I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this but I just read an article with Kevin Feige who stated that Iron Man 3 starts "Phase 2" of the Marvel pictures and I didn't know this. I just assumed that since the Iron Man films had already been produced that IR3 was just closing out the series, if you want to term it that way. WIth that being said, it really whets the appetite to see how IR3 has been scripted to play into the future films (if at all).
post #114 of 437
Fake Thai Iron Man 3 trailer is awesome:

Got my tix for tomorrow night @ 9pm. I guess the days of waiting until midnight are over.
post #115 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

This is an article about the prospect of a fourth Iron Man movie and RDJ's involvement. Nothing committed one way or the other here except that RDJ is "slated" to be in The Avengers sequel.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/iron-man-fourth-movie-211452229.html
RDJ was on Jon Stewart last nite and revealed he is in negotiations with Disney for more sequels.
He gave me the impression all was well.wink.gif
post #116 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I'm not opposed to prescreening it but unusually, the family schedule works out great this weekend and we'd would like to take advantage of it. I talk to my kids about language that's heard in movies, especially movies that are strongly targeted to kids. A profane word or two here or there is at least tolerable but when every other scene is laced with profanity or they use some of the "biggies" then I try to steer the kids away at their ages. Like I said, as an example, the last two Transformers movies really caught me off guard with not only a significant increase in profanity but f-bombs and even p-bombs really made it uncomfortable for me and I wish I had known ahead of time. But I went in blind thinking nothing of it because the first one wasn't like that.

I can tell you there is no swearing in it. It got the PG-13 because of the "animated violence".
post #117 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzack View Post

Fake Thai Iron Man 3 trailer is awesome:

Got my tix for tomorrow night @ 9pm. I guess the days of waiting until midnight are over.
lol "Thairon Man" biggrin.gif
post #118 of 437
I just finished watching Iron Man and I was quiet dissapointed to be honest. I actually like the first 2 Iron mans and this one just did not do it for me. Without giving a way anything Im giving this movie a 5 out of 10.

I will watch it again when it hits blu ray just to see if I change my mind. Well bring on Superman
post #119 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Steffek View Post

I just saw it last night at a sneak peek premier. I hate to say it but it sucked big time. If you liked the first Iron man, you will HATE this one. I don't want to drop spoilers but they made Tony Stark into a James Bond type of person with comedy. Iron Man itself is hardly even in the picture. Also, the new armors seem to be made of plastic now. I am not even going to start on the many plot holes or the fact that the main villain is a total swerve and disgrace to all Iron Man/ comic book fans. I give it a 3 out of 10.

This will go down as one of the worst comic book movies of all time. Next to Superman 4 and Batman & Robin. I wish I could say I am just trolling you guys but I am not, it really is that bad. mad.gif

You know when I read this post first ( before watching the movie) I thought you must be wrong, but after watching the movie I agree. Thought Im more lenient than you I gave it a 5/10.
post #120 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I'm watching it tomorrow night ill try to keep an ear out for any profanity

How was it, mate? Everything we hoped for?

Edit: Just saw you gave it a 5/10.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home