or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Panasonic VT50 Settings Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Panasonic VT50 Settings Thread - Page 45

post #1321 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

OK, this is my calibrated Custom which is the same as ISF Day.

Contrast 94
Brightness 58
Color 50
Tint 0
Sharpness 0

Color Temp Normal
R High +8 Low 0
G High 0 Low 0
B High -23 Low 0

10 R +9, G 0, B +27
20 R +5, G 0, B +14
30 R +6, G 0, B +16
40 R +4, G 0, B +10
50 R +1, G 0, B +9
60 R 0, G 0, B +12
70 R -1, G 0, B +10
80 R -2, G 0, B +10
90 R -3, G +1, B +13
100 R -4, G 0, B +11

R Hue -3, Sat -6, Lum -6
G Hue +19, Sat +13, Lum -5
B Hue -1, Sat +8, Lum -8
Y Hue +5, Sat -1, Lum +3
C Hue -3, Sat -2, Lum +4
M Hue +1, Sat 0, Lum +3

Gamma 2.4 (65")
10, -22
20, -14
30, -10
40, -8
50, -5
60, 0
70, +1
80, -1
90, +1
100, 0

Enjoy!

Plugged these into to Custom last night on my 65VT50. Adjusted the Brightness and Contrast for my room lighting. WOW. I have been using another member's calibrated settings for two weeks with great results, but your Day D-nice calibrated settings give the image DEPTH I've never experienced before! Frankly, it gives me pause to save for a pro calibration once I get 500+ hours on this TV. Thank you to Dwayne and thank YOU for sharing.
post #1322 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdubs View Post

Question-

I'm new to all this, so be easy on me. smile.gif

For Christmas, I received the Disney WOW disk. After loading in different controlcal files and seeing which ones I like, I fire up the WOW disk and fine tune the brightness and contrast.

Additionally, when I get to the screen with the color stripes and the blue filter, I have to tweak the color setting and tint setting to get the lines to even out as per the instructions.

My question is- since I assume this is just a very basic broad stroke approach to adjustment, is it inherently messing up anything else?

Meaning, I realize that a proper calibration of the advanced individual settings the VBT50 is capable of would provide pinpoint adjustments.. but by my simplistic color & tint adjustment am I throwing something else out of whack that I am not aware of?

Currently, on the Dnice file I have to put color at 54 and tint at -3 for the blue bars to be even.

Thank you.

Hey congrats! IMO seems like you are doing everything right. Brightness and Contrast you should be adjusted to your environment. For the color and tint this is how I see it (and an expert can definitely correct me here): If you need to adjust those its just a reflection that his settings aren't calibrated to your set already or they would line up nice to begin with - so you are correcting for your set at that broad upper level with rudimentry tools. On the flipside of that coin, adjusting them will essentially move some of the settings and other adjustments a bit since everything is essentially interconnected. Whether the other interconnected items get fixed or get moved farther away from where they should I would say is a crap shoot since as we know, the settings were made for a different panel.

So in a nutshell, whichever you like best matters most, but hands down you'd like the settings he performs exclusively on your set most biggrin.gif
post #1323 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

Hey congrats! IMO seems like you are doing everything right. Brightness and Contrast you should be adjusted to your environment. For the color and tint this is how I see it (and an expert can definitely correct me here): If you need to adjust those its just a reflection that his settings aren't calibrated to your set already or they would line up nice to begin with - so you are correcting for your set at that broad upper level with rudimentry tools. On the flipside of that coin, adjusting them will essentially move some of the settings and other adjustments a bit since everything is essentially interconnected. Whether the other interconnected items get fixed or get moved farther away from where they should I would say is a crap shoot since as we know, the settings were made for a different panel.

So in a nutshell, whichever you like best matters most, but hands down you'd like the settings he performs exclusively on your set most biggrin.gif

Well said and agreed. I would add that the Tint at -3 would concern me the most.
post #1324 of 2130
If anyone is on the fence about getting a calibration for their VT50, look no further than Jeff Meier. He calibrated my VT50 yesterday, and all I can say is WOW! Jeff has the equipment, the knowledge, and most important, the ability to bring the most out in your display.
Skin tones are real and lifelike, and the amount of detail in the picture is amazing. Even my wife, who normally doesn't pay a whole lot of attention to the quality of the television picture, could not believe the lifelike skin tones.
I, like pretty much everyone else on this forum, had plugged in various settings from other owners, and got what I thought was a pleasing picture. I guess I didn't realize how far from optimal those borrowed settings were. It reminded me of the allergy commercial, where everything is hazy until you take their product, then everything becomes crystal clear.
I was the first stop on Jeff's latest tour, and I could not be happier. Jeff is a pleasure to spend some time with, as he has a vast knowledge of not only calibration, but a wide variety of other subjects. When he left, I felt like an old friend was leaving, even though we had never met before.
I highly recommend Jeff.
post #1325 of 2130
Nothing beats a true calibration!smile.gif
post #1326 of 2130
Jeff is a great guy...he's been out to my place twice now. Considering I'm an SF Giants fan and he a SL Cardinals fan, we had some interesting conversations last year. I came out ahead on that deal!
post #1327 of 2130
Hey D Nice drop me a line when you will be in NYC I have 65VT50. Would to see what you can do with it.
post #1328 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportkidd1956 View Post

Hey D Nice drop me a line when you will be in NYC I have 65VT50. Would to see what you can do with it.

There are most likely more direct ways to contact DeWayne if you are serious about his services. Perhaps someone can hook you up.
post #1329 of 2130
I emailed D-Nice about his calibration request wink.gif

If you don't hear anything in the next couple days, let me know.. I'll give him a call.
post #1330 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruegway View Post

If anyone is on the fence about getting a calibration for their VT50, look no further than Jeff Meier (UMR at AVS).
Thanks for your calibration report. I've included in the flat panel (post number two) lists that are linked in the signature area at the bottom of my post.
post #1331 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportkidd1956 View Post

Hey D Nice drop me a line when you will be in NYC I have 65VT50. Would to see what you can do with it.
Here is D-Nice's email info@av-fi.com.
post #1332 of 2130
I was wondering if it was possible or even a good idea to be able to modify the "STANDARD" preset as an additional preset, besides using "CUSTOM". I believe there may be limitations if one were to customize the "standard" preset, things that are connected to that standard setting that might not allow it to be as functional as the "custom" preset. I am ready to change and add the D-Nice settings to the "custom" preset, but was curious if there was just as much control with making yet another customized preset by modifying "standard" one, since I don't like it's defaults anyways? THANKS.
post #1333 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

I was wondering if it was possible or even a good idea to be able to modify the "STANDARD" preset as an additional preset, besides using "CUSTOM". I believe there may be limitations if one were to customize the "standard" preset, things that are connected to that standard setting that might not allow it to be as functional as the "custom" preset. I am ready to change and add the D-Nice settings to the "custom" preset, but was curious if there was just as much control with making yet another customized preset by modifying "standard" one, since I don't like it's defaults anyways? THANKS.

Not unless you like watching TV in the dark, literally.
post #1334 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

Not unless you like watching TV in the dark, literally.

Care to explain?
post #1335 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

Care to explain?

I just mean it looks awful, I don't see any way you could fix it. Unless of course it's different on the VT than it is for every other model.
post #1336 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

I was wondering if it was possible or even a good idea to be able to modify the "STANDARD" preset as an additional preset, besides using "CUSTOM". I believe there may be limitations if one were to customize the "standard" preset, things that are connected to that standard setting that might not allow it to be as functional as the "custom" preset. I am ready to change and add the D-Nice settings to the "custom" preset, but was curious if there was just as much control with making yet another customized preset by modifying "standard" one, since I don't like it's defaults anyways? THANKS.

Buy ControlCal so you can unlock the ISF modes, this way you have 3 fully customizable modes and you don't have to fumble with the remote to put them in.
post #1337 of 2130
Hey all, im on my third replacement panny 65vt50...due to when I go to user settings and while not adjusting much I get snowy silver about 1/4 to 1/2 inch at diff edges of screen...when I cycle through modes of full h-fill zoom and back to native (full) the lines just move to diff edge but are there and sometimes triangle shaped where they start thick and then taper to a couple pixels but run the length of whatever edge they jump to...when I use any other preset mode, cinema, thx, anything other that user mode the lines are not there...Help? I do like how I can make the pic look good to me in the user settings but the lines around the edges are terrible...Im not above sea level and the techs can provide no explanation but simply tell me to swap it...thusly Im going on number three.
post #1338 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

I just mean it looks awful, I don't see any way you could fix it. Unless of course it's different on the VT than it is for every other model.

Maybe I was unclear in my question. Since you can edit the "standard" mode, as I assume, why could this not be used as another "custom" mode? Unless, as I stated, there are "conditions", like not being able to go deeper, as you can with the "custom" mode. I guess it's NOT a good idea, but since the standard mode does not look very good, been using THX, I guess I'll just put the D-Nice settings into "custom".
post #1339 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Buy ControlCal so you can unlock the ISF modes, this way you have 3 fully customizable modes and you don't have to fumble with the remote to put them in.

I've considered this option, but being on a Mac, having to use Boot Camp, or Parallels, not sure how well it will work, over the ethernet connection I have to the VT50. A MAC version would be great!
post #1340 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

Maybe I was unclear in my question. Since you can edit the "standard" mode, as I assume, why could this not be used as another "custom" mode? Unless, as I stated, there are "conditions", like not being able to go deeper, as you can with the "custom" mode. I guess it's NOT a good idea, but since the standard mode does not look very good, been using THX, I guess I'll just put the D-Nice settings into "custom".

I know, but isn't one of the conditions that it's horribly dark? Sorry, I guess I'm missing something here.
post #1341 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

OK, this is my calibrated Custom which is the same as ISF Day.

Contrast 94
Brightness 58
Color 50
Tint 0
Sharpness 0

Color Temp Normal
R High +8 Low 0
G High 0 Low 0
B High -23 Low 0

10 R +9, G 0, B +27
20 R +5, G 0, B +14
30 R +6, G 0, B +16
40 R +4, G 0, B +10
50 R +1, G 0, B +9
60 R 0, G 0, B +12
70 R -1, G 0, B +10
80 R -2, G 0, B +10
90 R -3, G +1, B +13
100 R -4, G 0, B +11

R Hue -3, Sat -6, Lum -6
G Hue +19, Sat +13, Lum -5
B Hue -1, Sat +8, Lum -8
Y Hue +5, Sat -1, Lum +3
C Hue -3, Sat -2, Lum +4
M Hue +1, Sat 0, Lum +3

Gamma 2.4 (65")
10, -22
20, -14
30, -10
40, -8
50, -5
60, 0
70, +1
80, -1
90, +1
100, 0

Enjoy!

Stupid question:
What video do you set? 'Custom'??
I didn't make any djustments to the adjustments beyond the first nine becasue I wanted to make sure I didn't mess anything up. Can you give me some advice?
post #1342 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

I've considered this option, but being on a Mac, having to use Boot Camp, or Parallels, not sure how well it will work, over the ethernet connection I have to the VT50. A MAC version would be great!

It should work fine either way.
post #1343 of 2130
Hey all, im on my third replacement panny 65vt50...due to when I go to user settings and while not adjusting much I get snowy silver about 1/4 to 1/2 inch at diff edges of screen...when I cycle through modes of full h-fill zoom and back to native (full) the lines just move to diff edge but are there and sometimes triangle shaped where they start thick and then taper to a couple pixels but run the length of whatever edge they jump to...when I use any other preset mode, cinema, thx, anything other that user mode the lines are not there...Help? I do like how I can make the pic look good to me in the user settings but the lines around the edges are terrible...Im not above sea level and the techs can provide no explanation but simply tell me to swap it...thusly Im going on number three.

also wanna point out the input signasl are clean and direct...doesnt matter wha tthe source is.

Am I not posting this on the correct forum or page? SRY if so..But any guidance then or help much appreciated

Mike.
post #1344 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankanich View Post


Am I not posting this on the correct forum or page? SRY if so..But any guidance then or help much appreciated

Mike.
You're in the right owner's thread, but it's Sunday evening and maybe you are getting a little impatient. It's only been a little over an hour. Maybe no one who has read your post has an answer.

I can tell you that it's strange to me that you've had three consecutive sets with an identical problem. There may be some variable that you haven't mentioned.

Do you see these "snowy silver" edges when you are not in the User/Settings? Are they there when you watch TV, DVD, or Blu-ray sources?
post #1345 of 2130
^^ pictures would help too.
post #1346 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

I know, but isn't one of the conditions that it's horribly dark? Sorry, I guess I'm missing something here.

I'm speaking of "EDITING" the standard preset, I know it's dark, and hence a useless setting, so once again, the reason I posted my first question was if the standard preset "could be" edited and what if any downside or limits would there be?
post #1347 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

I'm speaking of "EDITING" the standard preset, I know it's dark, and hence a useless setting, so once again, the reason I posted my first question was if the standard preset "could be" edited and what if any downside or limits would there be?

Of course you can edit it. Won't do any harm. Its just like adjusting custom, vivid, game, etc. I don't believe it has all the available adjustments that custom offers though.

No reason you can't try it.
post #1348 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

Of course you can edit it. Won't do any harm. Its just like adjusting custom, vivid, game, etc. I don't believe it has all the available adjustments that custom offers though.

No reason you can't try it.

Thanks, that was my original question, if it did or did not have some of the available adjustments, if NOT, then it's not as useful as the "custom" preset, so I'll just use "standard" for messing around. I thought one of the forum calibrators might know what settings it did NOT allow you to access or change compared to "custom". Oh well.....
post #1349 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

I'm speaking of "EDITING" the standard preset, I know it's dark, and hence a useless setting, so once again, the reason I posted my first question was if the standard preset "could be" edited and what if any downside or limits would there be?

I assumed the brightness was capped for that setting, if you could make it have the contrast of Custom, that would be a different story. I didn't think anything like that was even possible though, is that something specific to the VT50?
post #1350 of 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

Thanks, that was my original question, if it did or did not have some of the available adjustments, if NOT, then it's not as useful as the "custom" preset, so I'll just use "standard" for messing around. I thought one of the forum calibrators might know what settings it did NOT allow you to access or change compared to "custom". Oh well.....

In Standard, you don't adjust the Pro settings where in ISFccc and Custom you can.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Panasonic VT50 Settings Thread