Hopefully I'll start framing pretty soon! So I have some questions:
1. Soffits - I guess the one soffit on the back side where I have ducting and piping will have to be soundproof. However, for the rest of the soffits, should I do those after the room is drywalled?
2. Isolating the ceiling - Can I mount clip & channel right onto the ceiling joists? I will be using two layers of drywall. Can clip & channel handle that weight?
3. When I isolate the framing with RISC clips, I can mount the drywall directly to the studs, correct?
4. Does my plan to isolate the closet look OK?
5. I like the look of sconces. However, I guess this is a soundrpoofing nightmare. The only way to do sconces is with columns, right?
For reference, here is how I was going to do the soundproofing. Blue is going to be clip & channel, and green is going to be isolated framing with RISC clips. Keep in mind the stage and seating has been flipped 180 from this diagram.