or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Upgrading from sony kds60a3000 help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Upgrading from sony kds60a3000 help

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
Think I want to move on from my Sony rear projection kds60a3000 to a LED or plasma tv. The pictures of the 60a3000 is amazing and I want to make sure I'm not moving to a worst picture quality just to get a tv I can hang on the wall. Is like the tv to have a 3d option too and would like it to be a 60". Can you guys suggest a few to me? Thanks.
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joevfx View Post

Think I want to move on from my Sony rear projection kds60a3000 to a LED or plasma tv. The pictures of the 60a3000 is amazing and I want to make sure I'm not moving to a worst picture quality just to get a tv I can hang on the wall. Is like the tv to have a 3d option too and would like it to be a 60". Can you guys suggest a few to me? Thanks.

Why not get another rear projection? Prices have come down, and you can get a 73" DLP 3DTV for around $1000-1300, or an 82" for less than $2000. DLPs don't suffer from ghosting like LCDs and plasmas, and if you're a gamer, there's no lag.
post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

Why not get another rear projection? Prices have come down, and you can get a 73" DLP 3DTV for around $1000-1300, or an 82" for less than $2000. DLPs don't suffer from ghosting like LCDs and plasmas, and if you're a gamer, there's no lag.

Right now it's space issues , I can use the thin wall hanging LED to help free up floor space in my apartment. I'm just wondering which ones have a comparable picture quality. I know there's gonna be more advantages on the rear projection size , but I might need to try to move past those.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joevfx View Post

Right now it's space issues , I can use the thin wall hanging LED to help free up floor space in my apartment. I'm just wondering which ones have a comparable picture quality. I know there's gonna be more advantages on the rear projection size , but I might need to try to move past those.

Please note that a wall hung TV will be farther away, requiring a much larger size for the same viewing pleasure. Also, where are you putting your cable/sat box, AVR, and game console? Usually, they go in a stand below the TV.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Upgrading from sony kds60a3000 help