For those on Comcast Cable in Colo Spgs with an interest in KTSC (RMPBS CH 8). There is a discussion thread over on the RMPBS website discussing the problems we are seeing with periodic, brief disruptions in service (i.e. digital noise artifacts like pixelization, freezes, audio dropouts etc.).
In trying to isolate the problem we are also looking for viewer observations who receive their Ch 8 PBS programming from OTA as well as cable companies other than Comcast in Colo Spgs. As for those on Comcast in Colo Spgs we'd like to know what part of town you are in (there might a "local" problem).
So here is what we're looking for:
1. Are you seeing any sort of digital noise/interference on your Ch 8 reception?
2. Can you characterize who often you see it? About every 10-15 min, every 30 min etc.
3. How long does it typically last? A couple of seconds, varies etc.
4. What does it look like? Pixelated frames, frozen frames, brief loss of audio, etc.
5. How do you receive your signal? OTA or Cable - Please specify your cable company and if its in Comcast Colo Spgs, approximate location. This is important even if answer to #1 is No.
6. Do you receive it via Analog service (basic or extended basic service) or digital (HD)?
7. Any other observations or thoughts.
Here is my response:
2. About every 10-15 minutes
3. Varies from a brief burst to a second or more.
4. Pixelated frames, frozen frames, brief loss of audio
5. Comcast Colorado Springs - Briargate area
6. Analog - Extended Basic service
7. Put a spectrum analyzer on my cable outlet and watched for noise spikes but did not see anything. I think the RF carrier is OK, it may be a modulation/digital problem.
Here is the link to the RMPBS thread if you want to follow along or contribute:http://www.rmpbs.org/panorama/index....TOKEN=14435891
Right now we are on page 29.
Thanks in advance for any observations and assistance.