I'm having a strange issue with my build, I wasn't sure if I'd get more views replying here or starting a new thread, so here goes:
Got the server from TAM as per this thread. Changes:
- Upgraded to 2x 2423 HE cpus
- Upgraded to 32GB RAM
- Installed 9x 3.0TB WD Reds - all working from previous build
Running 2008 R2 w/ Hyper V on 2x 256GB Samsung Pro SSDs on the onboard NVRaid controller in RAID0 Stripe. All patches installed. Nothing else loaded. Not running RAID of any kind yet - just individual drives.
When I started copying my media from my old server to this one, the entire OS would lock up randomly (sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 5 hours.) I thought maybe it was my HyperV vm (also 2008 R2), so I put the drives back to the Host OS and did it again. It still froze up, but not nearly as frequently - I was able to transfer everything over with a few tries.
I'm concerned this will remain an issue hiding in the background. I've scoured google and turned up solutions that didn't fix my problem:
- Not running AV.
- Tried disabling TCP offload - ended up BSOD with a generic 0x124 hardware stop error code
- Copying from network to vm guest tends to freeze more often than from network to vm host
- Hotfix from MS regarding ACPI C states applies only to Intel and I can' t apply this fix.
- All drivers/bios/etc. are as new as they will get
If anyone has ideas or came across this and fixed it, please enlighten me.
Update: The entire system locks up even copying files from a local drive on Host OS -> local drive assigned to a Guest OS (Win7).
Edited by ninja6o4 - 6/3/13 at 11:43am