Originally Posted by gdc
Get a Dune. It will play most formats (with the notable exception of flv) AND decode HD audio.
Howdy! We are probably just as desperate as the OP and have looked at the Dune also. Could you tell me if the Smart H1 (the one we looked at the most) does the following:
1. Slow motion playback - a must for our Martial Arts classes and other sports like tennis, archery etc...
2. Pause and step forward (or frame by frame advance) and backward if possible?
3. A-B or Loop playback feature. Again, used with our various classes. Also excellent for learning other languages!
4. For MKV file playback does it not support subs created with handbrake? Still not getting what that forced flag situation is all about.
We note that all the Realtek 1185 players we tested the subs in our mkv files and even the mp4 files worked perfectly.
We've been told by duneplayer.com that the H1 does #s 1, 2 (I think he said forward only?) & 3 above. Can anyone else confirm this and with which file formats?
The only thing keeping us from getting a Micca player is they don't have the Slow function, unlike so many other Realtek 1185\1186 players.
This would be the bare minimum for use with our classes. Of course the step forward is a huge plus, but we could survive with just the slow mo.
It's too bad we couldn't just use another remote with the "Slow" button to work with the Micca player.
We do not need:
2. Android stuff
4. Much BD support... maybe in the future tho? Guess it would be nice to have BD support for later.
Thanks for any info!