or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › looking for a backup 2d projector
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

looking for a backup 2d projector

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
hi.

i just bought a HD33 for 3d movies. i also want to buy a pj for only 2D (1080p) movies. since hd33 pj got rainbow issues.

1. price range - less than $1000
2. 720p or 108p
3. screens is 100inches Favi 1.3gain
post #2 of 6
Your RBE issues might mainly be because you are watching it too bright?
Even if someone isn't super RBE sensitive, a brighter image will show rainbows to many.

A refurb'd Epson 6500ub if they are still around (maybe not though), otherwise you could the Epson 8350. There are not a lot of good LCD choices around $1000 other than those two. There are some ok 720p Epson LCD's, but I am not that confident that their contrast is that great.
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewer View Post

hi.

i just bought a HD33 for 3d movies. i also want to buy a pj for only 2D (1080p) movies. since hd33 pj got rainbow issues.

1. price range - less than $1000
2. 720p or 108p
3. screens is 100inches Favi 1.3gain

I would look for a used JVC RS1 on either eBay or videogon.com. It will give you the best black level and pq for under $1k you can find plus replacement lamps aren't that expensive.

Mike
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

Your RBE issues might mainly be because you are watching it too bright?
Even if someone isn't super RBE sensitive, a brighter image will show rainbows to many.

A refurb'd Epson 6500ub if they are still around (maybe not though), otherwise you could the Epson 8350. There are not a lot of good LCD choices around $1000 other than those two. There are some ok 720p Epson LCD's, but I am not that confident that their contrast is that great.

if u say that i might be watching tv shows & movies too bright then i need a good/best setting for my pj and screen.
post #5 of 6
Buy an ND Filter, you can get one for under $50. That will reduce the brightness.

100" screen wtih 1.3 gain is going to be way too bright in 2d for the Optoma hd33, you're probably watching the thing at like 30 fL to 40 fL, almost everyone is going to see RBE at that brightness. That is just way too bright. You need to cut the brightness down by 40% to 50% with an ND filter. Even after you put the ND filter on, you may need to wait until the lamp wears in a little before the RBE goes away enough.
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

Buy an ND Filter, you can get one for under $50. That will reduce the brightness.

100" screen wtih 1.3 gain is going to be way too bright in 2d for the Optoma hd33, you're probably watching the thing at like 30 fL to 40 fL, almost everyone is going to see RBE at that brightness. That is just way too bright. You need to cut the brightness down by 40% to 50% with an ND filter. Even after you put the ND filter on, you may need to wait until the lamp wears in a little before the RBE goes away enough.

can u please give me the sites to buy it please?

i know i need to use it for 2d. do i need it to use for 3d? right now it is on 200 hrs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › looking for a backup 2d projector