or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Watch Dogs... Ubisoft's stylish open-world game of hacking and shoot outs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watch Dogs... Ubisoft's stylish open-world game of hacking and shoot outs - Page 3

post #61 of 160

720P30 Uncompressed Download
post #62 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post


720P30 Uncompressed Download

Is it just me, or do the graphics look worse with each new trailer shown for this game? I'm starting to think this is going to be another AC3 where the final game is going to be a buggy mess instead of the amazing game it could have been. I hope I'm wrong though, because this is a very interesting concept they've come up with.
post #63 of 160
Thread Starter 
Seems about the same to me, but as I commented in the third post of this thread, I never thought this game looked all that hot graphically going back to the first preview. Some of the gameplay mechanics look cool though.
post #64 of 160
I thought the first showing looked really good but It's been going down hill since then. Still might be a good game but it has moved off my must have list for now. I'm actually more interested in AC4 since I really liked the ship parts in AC3.
post #65 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Is it just me, or do the graphics look worse with each new trailer shown for this game? I'm starting to think this is going to be another AC3 where the final game is going to be a buggy mess instead of the amazing game it could have been. I hope I'm wrong though, because this is a very interesting concept they've come up with.

Many parts of that trailer look worse to me as well.
post #66 of 160
Careful with youtube, terrible compression and bitrates...

Still I think it also has to factor with having a lot better barometers to go by with the Division,Infamous:SS and Killzone:SF.
post #67 of 160
post #68 of 160
post #69 of 160

14min of open world gameplay posted today. Looking good.cool.gif
post #70 of 160
That gameplay vid has me a lot more intrigued about this game. It's the love child of GTA and Assassin's Creed with a digital age twist. Love the fact that there are Demon's Soul like invasions of other players' worlds.
post #71 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

That gameplay vid has me a lot more intrigued about this game. It's the love child of GTA and Assassin's Creed with a digital age twist. Love the fact that there are Demon's Soul like invasions of other players' worlds.

I love the fact you can turn off the invasion of people into player's worlds. Seems like it would be a major annoyance to me if you didn't want it.
post #72 of 160
And for those consider buying it cool.gif like me smile.gif what would you recommend? i dont want a retail copy will take long time to come, i prefer a digital version of the game watch dogs pre order
post #73 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire12 View Post

And for those consider buying it cool.gif like me smile.gif what would you recommend? i dont want a retail copy will take long time to come, i prefer a digital version of the game watch dogs pre order

You could always but it from Amazon and sign up for a free month of Amazon Prime so that you would have release day delivery.
post #74 of 160
Looks like Watch Dogs will play like Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with very little violence required:
Quote:
"About 95 percent of missions you can completely stealth through, or flee or chase without having to shoot," he said. "So it's really player choice-driven. There are a very few, very limited amount of missions that will force you to kill people."

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/5/4798712/watch-dogs-can-be-completed-almost-entirely-through-stealth-wont
post #75 of 160
Thread Starter 
*** UPDATE ***

Watch Dogs has been delayed until Spring 2014.
post #76 of 160
That was not expected, especially so considering all the system bundles with the game. Maybe they are trying to get back to the initial reveal graphics. If so the wait would be worth it.

post #77 of 160
There are official bundles in Europe that are now gone, I wonder what will happen to them... Same goes for the unofficial Amazon bundles.
post #78 of 160
That makes my switching to dead rising 3 decision much easier.
post #79 of 160
Thread Starter 
Are any of the bundles pre-packaged? If not, then the retailer can simply offer the customers any of the other launch games. Unfortunately, they might not allow the customer to choose "No Game" as an option, forcing them to select one or cancel.
post #80 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Are any of the bundles pre-packaged? If not, then the retailer can simply offer the customers any of the other launch games. Unfortunately, they might not allow the customer to choose "No Game" as an option, forcing them to select one or cancel.

Yes, some of the Europe bundles are pack ins based on what I have read.
post #81 of 160
Thread Starter 
Watch Dogs copies were to be literally placed in the PS4 box, huh? Then that's a tricky situation.
post #82 of 160
That sucks, I wonder what will happen with my Amazon pre-order. I'm going to be extremely pissed if they cancel it without offering me another launch day alternative.
post #83 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

*** UPDATE ***

Watch Dogs has been delayed until Spring 2014.

That sound you hear is the air being let out of the hype balloon. A delay this late for a launch game is no good and points to some serious issues IMO.
post #84 of 160
Wow, this is a pretty huge hit to the launch of both consoles. Let's face it, both consoles launch lineups are pretty wack, and this was one of the few multiplats that could try to help carry the launch.
post #85 of 160
The initial reveal looked awesome and had lots of hype.. For me the hype kept dwindling with each new video released. Maybe Ubi got word of the hype dying.
post #86 of 160
GTA 5 could have been a factor...that and having a competing open world game (ass 4) launching around the same time.

OR the game is simply not finished. Crunch time may have been too much to finish both projects in time for next-gen launch. Note that they also announced a delay to The Crew.

I'm ok with the delay. Prefer game releases to be spread out instead of getting all thrown into the fire just to make some holiday cut.
post #87 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Wow, this is a pretty huge hit to the launch of both consoles. Let's face it, both consoles launch lineups are pretty wack, and this was one of the few multiplats that could try to help carry the launch.

IYHO, IMHO this is probably one of the best launch line ups (still) for consoles in a long time (of course counting 3rd party, which if you have and want to play those on PC might change your opinion since 3/4's of them will be available for PC as well).

Launch usually isn't for people that need killer apps to justify their purchase anyways, but more people with a love of games across all genres. Resogun, KZSF, BF4, and Driveclub is more than enough for me to last well beyond Christmas.

But then again my PS3 isn't going anywhere either. And it'll be Feb and inFamous season before you know it. All the while indy games will be dropping, all those free to play games, and more 3rd party games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

The initial reveal looked awesome and had lots of hype.. For me the hype kept dwindling with each new video released. Maybe Ubi got word of the hype dying.

Maybe they got word of Rockstar sneak announcement of a Christmas Next Gen GTA5?

biggrin.gif

No way they would be able to compete if that dropped at the same time.
post #88 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

IYHO, IMHO this is probably one of the best launch line ups (still) for consoles in a long time (of course counting 3rd party, which if you have and want to play those on PC might change your opinion since 3/4's of them will be available for PC as well).

Launch usually isn't for people that need killer apps to justify their purchase anyways, but more people with a love of games across all genres. Resogun, KZSF, BF4, and Driveclub is more than enough for me to last well beyond Christmas.

Well, for me, it's all about exclusives. Both consoles are suffering from a lack of high profile exclusives that people really give a damn about. Killzone, Knack and DriveClub aren't what I consider to be strong exclusives. It's the same thing with Xbox, although I will admit that I think Dead Rising 3 might be the only next-gen game (other than the sports games), that I'm seriously interested in checking out. Most of the other stuff is meh.


Kinda off topic, but I hate it when people will say, "This is one of the best launch lineups of all-time". "There is a Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield 4, etc, etc" "Such a great launch lineup".


All those games are split gen ports, and probably somewhat shoddy ones at that. Not to mention, people forget the Sega Dreamcasts launch. Now that was a legit launch lineup. Or the PS1 launch lineup (talking all the way thru December 1995 launch window). Those are some SERIOUS launch lineups. In fact, I'd even say the N64 had a better launch lineup than either of these, despite only having a handful of games. Mario 64 was worth 20 of the misc. games that the PS4 or XB1 are getting.
post #89 of 160
Day One for me is DriveClub Plus, Resogun, and Minecraft. Still not sure which shooter I want yet and Assassin's Creed is a wait for the pricedrop purchase. Knack will be a Plus freebie one day so it is a pass at launch.
post #90 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Kinda off topic, but I hate it when people will say, "This is one of the best launch lineups of all-time". "There is a Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield 4, etc, etc" "Such a great launch lineup".


All those games are split gen ports, and probably somewhat shoddy ones at that. Not to mention, people forget the Sega Dreamcasts launch. Now that was a legit launch lineup. Or the PS1 launch lineup (talking all the way thru December 1995 launch window). Those are some SERIOUS launch lineups. In fact, I'd even say the N64 had a better launch lineup than either of these, despite only having a handful of games. Mario 64 was worth 20 of the misc. games that the PS4 or XB1 are getting.

That is kinda my point though. Sega is dead as a hardware manufacturer and the last time Nintendo had a killer launch I was in 8th grade. They've had three systems since then, with mediocre launch support. Compared to most launches, this one is above the average.

Also agree with split gen ports, but we're getting them much sooner this time around. And they seem to be holding their own a bit better with PC (which usually isn't the case), and a bit more advanced than current gen.

Hopefully that points to the ease of development on these systems, and a quicker than normal jump to full next gen that has typically taken 12-24 months.


I've seen lot of lamenting of launch titles, both in quantity and in tech and I'm just at a lost if were looking at history. I'm fine with people expecting better / more; but too many seem to be claiming that this is not how it's always been. Especially the people claiming that next gen is supposed to blow (high end) PC away.

On paper and maybe in tech demos past consoles have done that, but in launch games I don't think I've seen that leap since PS1 and maybe the PS2. Maybe, as I remember playing PC games that still were more advanced back then. If there's a time where consoles have out-shown PC tech it's typically been 1-2 years in a console lifecycle, and it's been a very, very small window.

PC tech just advances way to much, and consoles take too long to optimize. It allows longevity and efficiency, but showing off THE BEST bells and whistles is not what consoles will do, and never really have. And for the most part the best you can offer on PC will always brute force be better tech wise. Hell, Devs can't make their games better than the PC's they make them on anyways, and almost all dev environments start on monster end rigs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › Watch Dogs... Ubisoft's stylish open-world game of hacking and shoot outs