or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › Tapatalk now supported
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tapatalk now supported

post #1 of 83
Thread Starter 
Looks like Tapatalk is not yet supported even though it was promised. I guess that has to be added later on. I am looking forward to it as well as the new HTML5 site.
post #2 of 83

Hi...Welcome back.

 

It needs to be added in via TapaTalk.  So...well...It will be their at some point.  Later today if we are lucky.

post #3 of 83
Is TapaTalk replacing the branded ForumRunner app?
post #4 of 83
Yes, that's correct Bruce.
post #5 of 83
Hi there! Yes Tapatalk is replacing ForumRunner and it will be added as David mentioned later on today.
post #6 of 83
Excellent, thanks.
post #7 of 83
Good stuff.
post #8 of 83
This is the app right? I'm missing this on my droid... Like a lot...
post #9 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

This is the app right? I'm missing this on my droid... Like a lot...

Right
post #10 of 83
Its not on yet, I guess very soon?
post #11 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Its not on yet, I guess very soon?

Working for me as of 9:00EST
post #12 of 83
Yes it. Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
post #13 of 83
On tapatalk HD for the iPad, trying to access messages results in a "Security Permissions" error and won't load or allow a message to be created. The search function also appears to not be working.

Are those going to be enabled going forward?
post #14 of 83
Have to say this tapatalk is so much better than previous App ( esp on android )

Frank
post #15 of 83
I've noticed a problem stickies don't work on tapatalk. Just a little slight glitch there.smile.gif

Frank
post #16 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Have to say this tapatalk is so much better than previous App ( esp on android )

Frank

Agreed for iOS devices as well. Can you see your messages on the android app?
post #17 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I've noticed a problem stickies don't work on tapatalk. Just a little slight glitch there.smile.gif

Frank

I think that's a Huddler issue - not sure they have stickies, at least not the same way the old platform did.
post #18 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I've noticed a problem stickies don't work on tapatalk. Just a little slight glitch there.smile.gif

Frank

I think that's a Huddler issue - not sure they have stickies, at least not the same way the old platform did.

I guess they will get to it.

Frank
post #19 of 83
A few things:

1) No search function or private messages;

2) New posts do not appear in bold as in other forums. Also, when Go To First Unread is set, topics open at the start of the last page, not to the first unread post.

3) Subscribing to topics does not stick, nor automatically make them show up in Favorites as it does with other forums. So nothing carries over to the subscription list when viewed on the regular desktop site.

BTW, this is with the Android version of Tapatalk. I haven't tried the iOS one yet.
If there's anything I need to set in the main version on my desktop, please point me to it. This is truly frustrating.

EDIT: just tried this on my iPhone. Looks like it has its own set of problems (quoted text not displaying as such). Oy! I miss my ForumRunner. :-(
Edited by bruce73 - 6/7/12 at 4:40am
post #20 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

Agreed for iOS devices as well. Can you see your messages on the android app?

You talking about private messages bfreedma? If you are i cannot see any private messages nor able to tick notifications for it either.
Edited by Franin - 6/7/12 at 4:40am
post #21 of 83
Reposting here for those who missed the announcement at the top of every page:

MOBILE APP - The dedicated AVSForum Mobile app will no longer work with the platform change. Please feel free to remove it from your devices.

HOWEVER... The app "TapaTalk" now has AVSForum listed and is able to be used! The only item that we are aware will will not function is the PM area of the app as AVSForum uses a threaded PM system vs PM by PM. We are working on a full HTML5 Mobile version that we look forward to sharing soon! Thank you.
post #22 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post

Reposting here for those who missed the announcement at the top of every page:
MOBILE APP - The dedicated AVSForum Mobile app will no longer work with the platform change. Please feel free to remove it from your devices.
HOWEVER... The app "TapaTalk" now has AVSForum listed and is able to be used! The only item that we are aware will will not function is the PM area of the app as AVSForum uses a threaded PM system vs PM by PM. We are working on a full HTML5 Mobile version that we look forward to sharing soon! Thank you.

Mike, it appears there are more issues than just the PM one (see my post above), unless I have things configured wrong. Is there a better thread to post problems with Tapatalk?
post #23 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post

Reposting here for those who missed the announcement at the top of every page:
MOBILE APP - The dedicated AVSForum Mobile app will no longer work with the platform change. Please feel free to remove it from your devices.
HOWEVER... The app "TapaTalk" now has AVSForum listed and is able to be used! The only item that we are aware will will not function is the PM area of the app as AVSForum uses a threaded PM system vs PM by PM. We are working on a full HTML5 Mobile version that we look forward to sharing soon! Thank you.

Thanks Mike:o
post #24 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Mike, it appears there are more issues than just the PM one (see my post above), unless I have things configured wrong. Is there a better thread to post problems with Tapatalk?

I'm sure experienced Tapatalk users will chime in here.
post #25 of 83
Nevermind... I'm not talking about tapatalk. I'm talking about the actual AVS Forum app. Is there an official complaint thread for it?

Not having a mobile optimized way of accessing AVS is killing me. I'm on the go so much with work that not having it cuts my access in half. I'm trying to write now on my phones browser and it's a real PITA.
post #26 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

A few things:
2) New posts do not appear in bold as in other forums. Also, when Go To First Unread is set, topics open at the start of the last page, not to the first unread post.

Can any experienced tapatalk users chime in here? I'm having the same issue and it's a major PITA.
post #27 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post

Can any experienced tapatalk users chime in here? I'm having the same issue and it's a major PITA.

Yeah it really is.
post #28 of 83
Also:

Quoted text doesn't display as such --it shows as regular text blending in with text from the new post.

And what's the deal with the "link" link?
post #29 of 83
Is there a free version of Tapatalk for Android that people are using? I see a $0.99 one. Kind of sad that the development of the branded app was tossed out for a paid app, but it must have been easier/cheaper than updating the branded app to work with the new forums. Also odd that the app was updated with Push (with notifications), then updated a day later to turn notifications off, and then killed 2 days after that.

Just a confusing week for mobile readers. eek.gif
post #30 of 83
It's only $0.99 now? Damn. I paid $2.99 for it a few months ago . No free version that I'm aware of.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Forum Operations Center
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › Tapatalk now supported