or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › Is there a setting to remove ads when viewing posts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is there a setting to remove ads when viewing posts?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I recall a setting that I could enable to disable the ads when viewing posts in specific threads. Is that setting still available and if it is where can I find that setting? Thanks!

Bill
post #2 of 12
Hi Bill...

Please see this thread...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1413919/quick-start-guide-to-the-new-platform

...I think you will find your answers and then some. wink.gif
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post

Hi Bill...
Please see this thread...
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1413919/quick-start-guide-to-the-new-platform
...I think you will find your answers and then some. wink.gif

Hi David,

As always thank you for your help smile.gif! I will check out that thread.

Bill
post #4 of 12
New AVS has become way too cluttered! How do I get rid of the Currently Viewing box on the topics list page of a forum. I don't really care who is viewing!
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post

Hi Bill...
Please see this thread...
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1413919/quick-start-guide-to-the-new-platform
...I think you will find your answers and then some. wink.gif

Think again. I saw nothing that tells me how to remove the ad clutter. Either that or I am blind.
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Think again. I saw nothing that tells me how to remove the ad clutter. Either that or I am blind.
"Hide Right Column In Forum Threads:

This preference, granted to AVS Club Members, removes the right column in forum threads to give the first posts more horizontal space. AVS Club Members can also disable ads."
post #7 of 12
Guess that leaves me out biggrin.gif
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post

"Hide Right Column In Forum Threads:
This preference, granted to AVS Club Members, removes the right column in forum threads to give the first posts more horizontal space. AVS Club Members can also disable ads."
I'm a member and I can eliminate some ads but there is still the clutter at the right side. I don't care who is currently viewing, I want to use the full width of my browser for lists, etc.
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad View Post

I'm a member and I can eliminate some ads but there is still the clutter at the right side. I don't care who is currently viewing, I want to use the full width of my browser for lists, etc.

Right now, full-width only works within a thread, not when viewing the forum/thread listings.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

Guess that leaves me out biggrin.gif

Not at all! Firefox + AdBlock Plus + Stylish can handle just about any changes to a page's layout that you want. You do have to know how to code a bit though.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse View Post

This preference, granted to AVS Club Members, removes the right column in forum threads to give the first posts more horizontal space. AVS Club Members can also disable ads."

So, how does one become a AVS Club Member?
post #12 of 12
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Forum Operations Center
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › Is there a setting to remove ads when viewing posts?