or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › Iphone app
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Iphone app

post #1 of 64
Thread Starter 
It doesn't seem to work with the new forum. I hate the new forum. Can we roll back to the old one???mad.gif
post #2 of 64
Hi...

Mobile: We're also working on an entirely new HTML5 solution to go with the new site. It’s not live for the launch, but you can expect it shortly after. Designed from the ground up with power users in mind, this is definitely something to be excited about.

With that said...The current iPhone app and Android app will no longer function. TapaTalk is the current replacement app which should have AVSForum active within it by days end.

Thanks
post #3 of 64
Guy's at avsforum,
the ipad app won't work. i'm sure you'll bring a update fix for it. mad.gif
post #4 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post

The current iPhone app and Android app will no longer function. TapaTalk is the current replacement app which should have AVSForum active within it by days end.
Thanks


We'll have Tapatalk up as an option by the end of the day.

post #5 of 64
I'm definitely missing the Android app, it was perfect and used to post from there all the time. Couldn't the same developers who wrote the app do the same for the new interface?
post #6 of 64
Thread Starter 
So thanks, you go from a free app to a paid app. mad.gif
post #7 of 64
I'm not sure how much Tapatalk costs now, but it's worth every penny. It's basically the standard, and I'm happy they're supporting it.

edit: Just checked and it's 99 cents. Ninety-nine cents. I'm sure you can swing it.
post #8 of 64
paid app for iphone? or android i sure hope the ipad isn't paid. If it is,then will crap!.
post #9 of 64
Thread Starter 
Must be android app fee. Iphone is 2.99. Not a biggie, just a hassle. Can't download it now.
post #10 of 64
Wow - people actually complaining about spending $0.99!

I use tapatalk on my iPhone, and love its interface.
Currently these AV related forums:
Gearslutz, StereoNetAustralia, diyAudio (among others)
these other forums:
Stargazers lounge, Astronomy Forum, MacRumors Forum, Michigan Mountain Biking Association (among others)
post #11 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDigitalGuy05 View Post

paid app for iphone? or android i sure hope the ipad isn't paid. If it is,then will crap!.

Can wait for the HTML5 version then you will be able to use it in any browser. So it will not be an APP any longer, just will work with your browser. (Like when you go to Amazon with your phones browser, it is a different experience than your computers browser.)
post #12 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

Wow - people actually complaining about spending $0.99!
I use tapatalk on my iPhone, and love its interface.
Currently these AV related forums:
Gearslutz, StereoNetAustralia, diyAudio (among others)
these other forums:
Stargazers lounge, Astronomy Forum, MacRumors Forum, Michigan Mountain Biking Association (among others)

Yes, nice to have a single app/interface rather than individual apps for every forum. Even though it's $4.99, the Tapatalk HD version for the iPad is worth the extra few buck.
post #13 of 64
I just checked the appstore on my iPhone and Tapatalk is $2.99?

Am I missing something?
post #14 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

I just checked the appstore on my iPhone and Tapatalk is $2.99?
Am I missing something?

Yeah, I didn't count the Apple tax. It's only 99 cents on Android. wink.gif
post #15 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

Wow - people actually complaining about spending $0.99!
I use tapatalk on my iPhone, and love its interface.
Currently these AV related forums:
Gearslutz, StereoNetAustralia, diyAudio (among others)
these other forums:
Stargazers lounge, Astronomy Forum, MacRumors Forum, Michigan Mountain Biking Association (among others)

when the old IOS app was free you will see people complain
post #16 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post

Can wait for the HTML5 version then you will be able to use it in any browser. So it will not be an APP any longer, just will work with your browser. (Like when you go to Amazon with your phones browser, it is a different experience than your computers browser.)

Why didn't you wait to relaunch AVS until you had the HTML5 version ready? I just don't understand. You tested this for a long time (with far too little participation it would appear) and you were that patient, but jumped the gun right towards the end?
post #17 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctober205 View Post

Why didn't you wait to relaunch AVS until you had the HTML5 version ready? I just don't understand. You tested this for a long time (with far too little participation it would appear) and you were that patient, but jumped the gun right towards the end?

The HTML5 version is for ALL Huddler sites of which AVS is just one. The timing of the browser is completely independent of this site.
post #18 of 64
Every browser already supports HTML 5 and have for well over two years now. Am I missing something?
post #19 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post

Every browser already supports HTML 5 and have for well over two years now. Am I missing something?

Nope. Not missing a thing. The largest HT forum around took their business to an untested platform struggling to get out of the gate.
post #20 of 64
Red, I would give you a thumbs up but it doesn't work. Lol
post #21 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post

Red, I would give you a thumbs up but it doesn't work. Lol

Haha...and to think...they actually spent a long time testing this and it's still this bad!
post #22 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post

Every browser already supports HTML 5 and have for well over two years now. Am I missing something?

The HTML5 standard is still under development at this point. Though the current versions of all of the major browsers support some HTML5 features, support varies widely by browser. Additionally, Internet Explorer is still the most popular browser today and the largest percentage of Internet Explorer users still use Internet 8, which does not support much HTML5. Though competing browsers are obviously available, users with older operating systems (XP namely) are not able to upgrade to newer versions of Explorer.

HTML5 is not ubiquitous at this point, it's still a work in progress.
post #23 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous View Post

Every browser already supports HTML 5 and have for well over two years now. Am I missing something?

Oh, how I WISH this were true. Building websites would be a lot more fun.

This is the state of things today, let alone 2 years ago.

http://www.findmebyip.com/litmus/
post #24 of 64
We're now live on Tapatalk!
post #25 of 64
Looks like Tapatalk is live now, I am posting from it now. smile.gif
post #26 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post

I'm not sure how much Tapatalk costs now, but it's worth every penny. It's basically the standard, and I'm happy they're supporting it.
edit: Just checked and it's 99 cents. Ninety-nine cents. I'm sure you can swing it.

Last time I saw it for iPad it was $9.99; that was a while ago though.
post #27 of 64
I am testing the tap-a-talk for android. Is there way to use the PM functionality? I looked through the various menus, but not seeing it.
post #28 of 64

Unfortunately not, that feature is not included on Tapatalk.

post #29 of 64
AVSF was using Forum Runner, which had a free version which is being discontinue soon, I read in its ratings section. The paid version is $1.99, so users would have had to pay, eventually. The switch to Tap-a-Talk isn't so costly, then. Losing pm is a negative, though.
post #30 of 64

Yeah, agreed...Tapatalk is honestly a bit of a stop-gap for the full mobile site, so while PM access could have been added, the way that we handle PMs would have made that a major process.  We've opted to take the time we could have spent in development on that and put it towards the full mobile version.  It's the big project right now so we've had to make quite a few of those judgment calls in regards to the allocation of engineering resources.  But it'll pay off.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Forum Operations Center
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › Iphone app