Originally Posted by vahighland
What I miss is the ability to have a bookmark in my browser that automatically takes me to the last page of a thread. In vBulletin forum, I could simply specify page 9999 in the bookmark and vBulletin was smart enough to navigate to the last page in the thread.
Originally Posted by kwg
There may be an easier way, but one way to create a bookmark to at least get to the newest post in a thread is the following (note: may vary based on O/S and browser used .. I'm using Firefox with Win 7):
1. Click on the thread you want to be directed to.
2. Bookmark this thread's URL.
3. Find this new Bookmark in the Bookmarks dropdown folder
4. Right click on the new Bookmark
5. Click on Properties
6. Edit the new bookmark's URL as follows:
Using this thread's URL as an example www.avsforum.com/t/1414144/no-last-link....
- replace the 't" (after .com) with "forum/newestpost" (don't include the quotes)
- delete all after the thread # 1414144 (so delete "/no-last-link.....")
- when editing completed, the new URL should be www.avsforum.com/forum/newestpost/1414144
- SAVE the bookmark
Again, this works for me using Firefox, Win 7.Edited by jdsmoothie - 6/8/12 at 10:27am