First let me apologize that all these pics are upside down. Guess I was holding my camera wrong,and when I auto uploaded didn't even check to see how they were.
But this is the cable I used and the 2 different switch boxes I used.I have a wndr 4500 Netgear router that from 2 of the gig ports have lines running to the basement and up to a place on second flr. The 10/100 box is in the basement feeding xbox 360,ps3, blu ray player, and media player box on 1st flr. the line to basement was not ran with the cable in the picture,and does indeed give gigabit speeds when I unplug it from the switch and straight into my laptop. up on 2nd flr is the gigabit switch which is fed from this cable in picture. And feeds xbox 360,desktop computer,media player, and dish hopper.These are in various rooms and from my checking aren't gigabit capable anyway. Which is fine.Problem is I have plugged my laptop into the main line from basement that feeds 2nd flr gigabit switch and only get 100 speed. Of course I assume that this main line from gigabit port on router should give me gigabit speed...
I know pretty mmuch all these devices aren't gigabit capable,but my laptop is. Which is why I assume it must be the cable....Which pisses me off because according to internet should be fine..I figure best thing to do is when I get a chance(busy weekend) is to make a short or long cable out of that cable in picture and make a patch cord and go straight into the router with it and see if the cable works as it should..
Hope this was enough info..