or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread.

post #1 of 2849
Thread Starter 
I don't know if there is one but I have a few questions about this model. In a dark room the back light is continually adjusting it's self and that's driving me crazy. I guess I would have to turn off the ECO mode?eek.gif

Also the non HD channels look pretty bad compaired to our 2 year old 8000 series.
Any adjustment tips for this model would also be nice.
Thanks.
post #2 of 2849
Thread Starter 
Anyone out there? rolleyes.gif
post #3 of 2849
I have the 7100. I noticed it dims later on towards dusk. I haven't figured out where to change this yet.

I rarely ever what anything that isn't HD, and if i did i expect it to look crappy anyway so i really can't comment on that. I just got the tv a few weeks ago and have only watched a few things, I'm too concerned with the sound system.

I haven't even watched 3d on it yet.
post #4 of 2849
Mine is due in on Tuesday. I had purchased an LG LM8600 from Amazon and when I received it I did a side by side comparison with a 3 year old Samsung (8500) and the Samsung was much brighter especially on anything white. So I returned the LG and hope the new 7100 will at least compare in PQ to my older Samsung unit.
post #5 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcamaro70 View Post

I have the 7100. I noticed it dims later on towards dusk. I haven't figured out where to change this yet.
I rarely ever what anything that isn't HD, and if i did i expect it to look crappy anyway so i really can't comment on that. I just got the tv a few weeks ago and have only watched a few things, I'm too concerned with the sound system.
I haven't even watched 3d on it yet.

I have two other Samsung units both are which are very thin and the sound is pretty poor on each and have gone to a sound bar on one of them. It seems it is very hard to get decent sound in such a thin cabinet.
post #6 of 2849
Thread Starter 
Yes, the sound on the 7100 is pretty weak. What's a good sound bar for this TV?
post #7 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post

I don't know if there is one but I have a few questions about this model. In a dark room the back light is continually adjusting it's self and that's driving me crazy. I guess I would have to turn off the ECO mode?eek.gif
Also the non HD channels look pretty bad compaired to our 2 year old 8000 series.
Any adjustment tips for this model would also be nice.
Thanks.

I turned off the ECO sensor
Menu / system / ECO Solution / ECO Sensor

I've only had mine a couple days so I haven't played with settings
post #8 of 2849
I have a 802.11/g router and 6mb DSL and this is my first TV with wifi.

I tried the HULU samples and have a lot of buffering.

Would it help to go to a N router?

Anyone know what the TV wifi supports.....802.11/G or N......or both
post #9 of 2849
No sound bar for me, I'm all in on a spectacular surround with separate zones. I haven't heard sound from any tv itself in years, it's horrible.

I have an N router but again, haven't used any streaming services, I did check the browser which worked fine but slower than a computer.

At the same time as buying this we bought the new LG7600, I find them both excellent tv's, I'm surprised you didn't like it.
post #10 of 2849
Thread Starter 
I like the TV but have only had it for 4-5 days. I have had zero time to play with the settings or even watch it for more then one hour. I will turn off the ECO sensor and see it that solves the dimming problem. Our 2010 model 8000 series seems to have a sharper picture. eek.gif
post #11 of 2849
Thread Starter 
I'm also wondering why Samsung took the 55" version of this model down from their site. The 46" is still there but the 55" has vanished. rolleyes.gif
post #12 of 2849
I couldn't even find this model on Samsung when i got this. Best Buy was back ordered on the 8000, had a 7500 but open box, then had a 7500 at another store but that never materialized, and then they had this just come in on the truck. It was tough getting the new tv early may.
post #13 of 2849
I ordered from Amazon and it was shipped the next day. I did see them in stock at Best Buy today.
post #14 of 2849
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben12345 View Post

I ordered from Amazon and it was shipped the next day. I did see them in stock at Best Buy today.

How beat up was the box after UPS dropped it off?
I order a lot from Amazon but have never ordered anything this large.
post #15 of 2849
Last time I ordered a TV from Amazon, UPS doesn't deliver them. But a company that specializes in large deliveries does and you set up an appointment/time for delivery.
post #16 of 2849
Thread Starter 
anyone figured out any good settings for this set yet?
post #17 of 2849
How is the reflection on the screen on this TV? I'm leaning towards purchasing this (I have not yet seen it in person) and it will be going in a very bright room with a lot of light. I was reading that the ultra clear panel or whatever they are calling it these days is actually relatively pretty good in terms of reflection?
post #18 of 2849
Thread Starter 
When the set is off there is plenty of reflection, but while it's playing I don't see any. smile.gif
post #19 of 2849
I was also very curious about this TV, and if I should go with it over the LG7600. For people that have experienced both, care to explain which one you preferred and why?
post #20 of 2849
I had a terrible experience with the UN46ES7100. I ordered one from Amazon towards the end of May. It arrived in early June and I was super impressed with the sleek design of the set. Unfortunately, I the picture quality was one of the absolute worst sets I've seen in a long time. I calibrated extensively but the picture always appeared either extremely grainy or lacking any detail. All of the adjustments made yielded the same result of a washed out picture that lacked clarity, detail, and refinement.

I tried a variety of devices: Directv H25, PS3 (game / BD movie), Xbox 360), everything looked absolutely awful. I can't help thinking that the internal processing of the signal is deeply flawed. Whether or not my television was an anomaly or this is representative of the whole line remains to be seen. I returned the television a week later because it made any and all viewing on the set pure misery.

Before this model, I tried both the LG LM7600 (46 in), and the Samsung UN46ES6600. The LG had better picture quality, but I found it difficult to get an overall picture I was truly happy with. The media center functions were amazing, it played every format I threw at it via the computer and even displayed subtitled; everything via the computer was sharp and clear. I could never get Directv to look amazing on it, and the remote began to get on my nerves as well. The Samsung 6600 is a practically unacknowledged model and looked halfway decent, but has serious QC issues. The back of the unit bulged and sound resonated against the bulge, which made the entire metal backing vibrate. The picture quality was decent but nothing to write home about.

I compared all of these units against a UN55C7000, which is our downstairs television. I haven't been able to replicate the overall quality of that picture against any 2012 models, which is extremely disappointing. I've been considering checking out the 7500 series to see if the picture quality is substantially better than the 7100. I can't stand the thought of gestures/voice control and I've read some very negative reviews. At this rate, I might just wait until next year's models come out; the lack of 4 HDMI ports upsets me greatly.

I would be very interested to hear from other 7100 owners if the TV I experienced was truly a defective product, or if they agree with my sentiments.
post #21 of 2849
Thread Starter 
The UN55ES7100 that we have has a fantastic picture on HD channels, PS3 & XBOX 360. The non HD channels look like total crap and I believe that our 55" 8000 series from 2010 has a sharper picture. Maybe you had a bad set. Maybe some other 7100 series owners will chime in on their picture quality. rolleyes.gif
post #22 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by twil0 View Post

Last time I ordered a TV from Amazon, UPS doesn't deliver them. But a company that specializes in large deliveries does and you set up an appointment/time for delivery.

Amazon uses CEVA. This is white glove delivery. They unbox it and attach the stand and make sure everything works. I have had nothing but great service from Amazon and have purchased several HDTV's from them in the past.
post #23 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeillium View Post

I was also very curious about this TV, and if I should go with it over the LG7600. For people that have experienced both, care to explain which one you preferred and why?

If you look at my posts in the LM LG8600 forum you will see some side by side comparisons photos between an LG 8600 and an older Samsung model. The Samsung was much brighter and sharper as you can see in those photos. The whites on the LG were washed out while they were bright and clear on the Samsung. I just got the 7100 in and the brightness equals my older Samsung. In fact the 7100 has better PQ than the older model which you would expect but clearly better than the LG.
post #24 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post

The UN55ES7100 that we have has a fantastic picture on HD channels, PS3 & XBOX 360. The non HD channels look like total crap and I believe that our 55" 8000 series from 2010 has a sharper picture. Maybe you had a bad set. Maybe some other 7100 series owners will chime in on their picture quality. rolleyes.gif

I too think it may have been the set you received. I have the 7100, 55". I used an HDMI splitter from my Directv box and connected the 7100 and an older Samsung 8500 to the same feed. I was able to compare side by side. The older 8500 has local dimming and excellent PQ and brightness. The 7100 equaled the PQ and in fact was a bit better. The colors were improved. While I have not calibrated the 7100 yet I did notice the initial picture settings of "Dynamic; Natural; Movie, etc did make a big difference in PQ so I would say it does need some adjustments rather than out of the box settings.
post #25 of 2849
Thread Starter 
I just posted this on the forum and thought I would also put it here.

Samsung LED (7100) mysteriously turning on by it's self in the middle of the night.

Just got the Samsung 55" 7100 series and have the 8000 series in our bedroom up stairs. For the past couple of days when I go down stairs in the morning I notice that the 7100 is on by the Samsung light being lit, it's also in standby mode as the red light is glowing. We have DirecTV and I'm thinking that maybe the remote from the up stairs TV is turning on the 7100 down stairs. I don't have a clue.

What do you guys think could the problem? I'll investigate it further when I get home later today.

This is the latest problem I'm having with the 7100. eek.gif



Just called Samsung and they sent me a link for Firmware version 1013.3 for this TV but it will not download. I'll call them again in the morning.
Edited by Hooterville - 6/13/12 at 8:15pm
post #26 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post

I just posted this on the forum and thought I would also put it here.
Samsung LED (7100) mysteriously turning on by it's self in the middle of the night.
Just got the Samsung 55" 7100 series and have the 8000 series in our bedroom up stairs. For the past couple of days when I go down stairs in the morning I notice that the 7100 is on by the Samsung light being lit, it's also in standby mode as the red light is glowing. We have DirecTV and I'm thinking that maybe the remote from the up stairs TV is turning on the 7100 down stairs. I don't have a clue.
What do you guys think could the problem? I'll investigate it further when I get home later today.
This is the latest problem I'm having with the 7100. eek.gif
Just called Samsung and they sent me a link for Firmware version 1013.3 for this TV but it will not download. I'll call them again in the morning.

I also have the 7100 and an additional Samsung 8500 that I am going to be replacing (with the 7100). But I noticed while playing around with the 7100, the settings on the 8500 seem to be affected. Does seem strange though.
post #27 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post

I just posted this on the forum and thought I would also put it here.

Just called Samsung and they sent me a link for Firmware version 1013.3 for this TV but it will not download. I'll call them again in the morning.

Did they say what the Firmware version 1013.3 was suppose to do? On their webpage the only software they show for the 7100 is for Allshare released in April 2012. Also did you try and update the TV from the TV itself?
post #28 of 2849
Thread Starter 
I was calling about the TV turning it's self on in the middle of the night. She said that this latest firmware update would fix that problem along with some picture and other problems. The link they emailed me when you click the zip file it downloads a 0 bytes file with nothing there. I don't know.
If you have your set hooked up the internet can you get the latest firmware from there? The firmware my set has is: 1011.1
post #29 of 2849
Thread Starter 
Can anyone post what firmware version their 7100 series TV has?
Is your set connected to the internet?
Edited by Hooterville - 6/14/12 at 11:27am
post #30 of 2849
Bought the UN46ES7100 about 1 month ago from Best Buy. Connected to internet via Ethernet cable. Set keeps telling me software update available, but I'm hesitant to "fix what ain't broke." Firmware version set came with 1009.3, dated 4-11-12. No update available on support website. Today I decided to let the set download the update. Message comes back, no update available.

I have the picture mode set to standard, but changed the color tone to cool. I feel that gives the flesh tones the most natural look. Movie mode is good, but not bright enough. Internet is slow. I am used to my blazingly fast computer. Bought a Bluetooth mouse to use with the TV. That works well. 3D is cool. PS3 works well with it.

Have Comcast. Picture looks great on some programs / channels, not as great on others. I have an 18 month old UN46C6300 which is a great set, and was much cheaper. Not sure the picture on the new set is that much better. Internet / Apps are cool, but how much will you really use them. Set looks great. Pride of possession comes into play here, but is it worth the price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread.