or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread. - Page 52

post #1531 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH View Post

UGH not the answer i wanted to hear; so is there any point to buy this tv since the hub is terrible; at least from the reviews in this thread or should i wait for the f7000 or f8000 or is this tv worth the sale price of 1800 via the big river?
The price drop is worth it IMO. If you don't use the smarthub that much (which I don't at all) then it's worth it. There are other options to substitute the smart hub like apple tv, boxee, even your modern blu-ray players. It all depends on you. But the price drop helped my decision.
post #1532 of 2849
FYI - Costco has the 60ES7150 for $1749.
post #1533 of 2849
wow i cant believe the price dropped to 1499.00 for the 55" It almost has me tempted to pick it up. I probably will wait considering the smart hub issues and possible flashlighting issues. But its def worth thinking about!
post #1534 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

wow i cant believe the price dropped to 1499.00 for the 55" It almost has me tempted to pick it up. I probably will wait considering the smart hub issues and possible flashlighting issues. But its def worth thinking about!

would not wait too too long he who hesitates is lost

it appears that these sets may be in limited supply that was info I got from Best buy to day

This is the end of the year with new ones coming in March which will be more expensive and close to list price
post #1535 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post

would not wait too too long he who hesitates is lost

it appears that these sets may be in limited supply that was info I got from Best buy to day

This is the end of the year with new ones coming in March which will be more expensive and close to list price

I read viewing angles are garbage and black levels are worse than last year? I already have a samsung d6000 of last year and my biggest complaints are viewing angle, flashlighting, and bad input lag even in game mode. Can someone comment on the es7100 and its viewing angle versus the d6000 of 2011? If its not a good improvement I will just wait until the 2013 models...
post #1536 of 2849
Has anyone noticed that the battery door on the SSG-4100GB glasses become really loose and start popping out and not close properly after holding the battery for a couple of months? I have 3 of my 4 pairs with batteries in them and have noticed this symptom on all of them. While the last pair that I have never used still has its door sealed tight.

I have just contacted Samsung and they refused to look into this problem because the glasses only have 30 days of warranty on them. I mean this is obviously a design flaw that wouldn't become apparent inside of 30 days.
post #1537 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxspiderx View Post

Has anyone noticed that the battery door on the SSG-4100GB glasses become really loose and start popping out and not close properly after holding the battery for a couple of months? I have 3 of my 4 pairs with batteries in them and have noticed this symptom on all of them. While the last pair that I have never used still has its door sealed tight.

I have just contacted Samsung and they refused to look into this problem because the glasses only have 30 days of warranty on them. I mean this is obviously a design flaw that wouldn't become apparent inside of 30 days.

never saw this, but I use a 3rd party 3D glasses cause I did not like the glasses that came with the TV, I got a recharchable pair from dimensional optics.
post #1538 of 2849
What is the agreement as far as viewing angle on this set?
post #1539 of 2849
Hi all!

I was wondering how this set handles 24p Blu Ray? I was looking to pick it up since it's on sale now. I'll probably opt for the 60" and it'll be my main set. I'll be playing a lot of Xbox and using my PS3 as the blu ray player and streaming device. It'll go in a room where I can control the light if it's a bright day.
post #1540 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by agenthamsta View Post

Hi all!

I was wondering how this set handles 24p Blu Ray? I was looking to pick it up since it's on sale now. I'll probably opt for the 60" and it'll be my main set. I'll be playing a lot of Xbox and using my PS3 as the blu ray player and streaming device. It'll go in a room where I can control the light if it's a bright day.

It will handle the blue ray. The screen has a refelective surface so window glare is a potential issue, I have mine in a bright room and it works fine.

Also I am returning my 55 for a 60 inch due to the decreases in the price.This being end year for models there could be some product unavailabilty according to the manager of Best Buy.

I could not find the 55/60 inch 7100 on Amazon yesterdaay.

Other models 7500 and 8000 were available.
post #1541 of 2849
Hi everyone,

I just set up ARC to work with a Marantz 1403, but cannot figure out how to stop the TV from displaying the volume level whenever it changes (The display on the front of the receiver is very easy to read). Has anybody figured out how to disable this, while still using ARC?
post #1542 of 2849
The fact that this is only 1497.00 free shipping and tax free through amazon right now is very very tempting. I may even jump on the 60" for only 300 more since it is a tax free purchase. What do you guys think? Or should I wait for the F7000 that comes out in march that will obviously not be this cheap.
post #1543 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

What is the agreement as far as viewing angle on this set?

It starts to degrade @ 25 degrees...like the D6000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

The fact that this is only 1497.00 free shipping and tax free through amazon right now is very very tempting. I may even jump on the 60" for only 300 more since it is a tax free purchase. What do you guys think? Or should I wait for the F7000 that comes out in march that will obviously not be this cheap.

No HDTV is perfect....the ES7100 is waaaay better than the D6000 series.

If it doesn't work out........return it cool.gif
post #1544 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post

It starts to degrade @ 25 degrees...like the D6000.
No HDTV is perfect....the ES7100 is waaaay better than the D6000 series.

If it doesn't work out........return it cool.gif

When u say better what do u mean? Flashlighting better? Better colors??

Have u tried gaming on it to test input lag in game mode?
post #1545 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

When u say better what do u mean? Flashlighting better? Better colors??

Have u tried gaming on it to test input lag in game mode?

I have no flashlighting.....color is great, overall PQ is better than the D6000 Series.

Better picture resolution and motion handling.

Game Mode is reponsive, same as the Samsung A850.
post #1546 of 2849
hy am new to this forum...right now am in the dilemma of Choosing between two Model ES7100 And ES7500 i Will be getting the 46inch Model.....through Extensive Search and Research am Able to get these Differences between the Two model i have Seen the Comparison Char by Samsung between these Two Model Which Doesnt Actually tell u the True Difference

from Different Forum i able to get these Difference

3D Glasses are Different 7500 One got Better Glasses 7100 got Cheap Glasses....

Sound Quality Difference 7500 got DNSE while 7100 got SRS HD whihc is lower than DNSE

Voice and Gesture and Control and Camera Every one knows That

3d Sound in 7500 while in 7100 it not ...i dont know exactly abt this

2 Remotes conventional and the SMart one

Increased CMR Rate of 840 and Mircro Dimming pro in 7500 while in 7100 they are at std levels




i would like to know if any 1 know other Differences between these two i am leaning more toward 7500 because of the additional Features where i i live it $250 More than 7100

Can Any one Confirm About the PQ of both the TVs and the 3d Quality as Well are there any big Noticeable Difference between Over all PQ and 3D Quality ...as i already told 3d Glasses in 7500 are Superior than 7100

and lastly and Advise should i save 250$ or buy 7500 ...i will Ask the Same Question from 7500 Owners as well.....
post #1547 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysoogle1 View Post

hy am new to this forum...right now am in the dilemma of Choosing between two Model ES7100 And ES7500 i Will be getting the 46inch Model.....through Extensive Search and Research am Able to get these Differences between the Two model i have Seen the Comparison Char by Samsung between these Two Model Which Doesnt Actually tell u the True Difference

from Different Forum i able to get these Difference

3D Glasses are Different 7500 One got Better Glasses 7100 got Cheap Glasses....

Sound Quality Difference 7500 got DNSE while 7100 got SRS HD whihc is lower than DNSE

Voice and Gesture and Control and Camera Every one knows That

3d Sound in 7500 while in 7100 it not ...i dont know exactly abt this

2 Remotes conventional and the SMart one

Increased CMR Rate of 840 and Mircro Dimming pro in 7500 while in 7100 they are at std levels




i would like to know if any 1 know other Differences between these two i am leaning more toward 7500 because of the additional Features where i i live it $250 More than 7100

Can Any one Confirm About the PQ of both the TVs and the 3d Quality as Well are there any big Noticeable Difference between Over all PQ and 3D Quality ...as i already told 3d Glasses in 7500 are Superior than 7100

and lastly and Advise should i save 250$ or buy 7500 ...i will Ask the Same Question from 7500 Owners as well.....


This is a link to a older post with links to TelevisionInfo.com that reviewed/compared the ES7100 and ES7500:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414638/official-samsung-unxxes7100-thread/1440#post_22829233
post #1548 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyboy View Post

FYI - Costco has the 60ES7150 for $1749.

That is a great deal! It's the same offer they had towards end of December, except you paid $1,949 and got a $200 Costco card. Same deal!
post #1549 of 2849
Because of reading so many poor reviews I will go ahead and wait for the 2013 models to be reviewed and maybe pick one of those up. Thanks for the info guys. I will try and be happy with my D6000 for another few months. Might buy a new tv stand or something. Maybe surround who knows wink.gif
post #1550 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danediz View Post

Because of reading so many poor reviews I will go ahead and wait for the 2013 models to be reviewed and maybe pick one of those up. Thanks for the info guys. I will try and be happy with my D6000 for another few months. Might buy a new tv stand or something. Maybe surround who knows wink.gif

Can't really believe there would be too much difference for the new models upcoming to this one. The ES series is the same as last years in my opinion. My co-worker has last years. Gaming is great on this set and at this price, I would bite on it. You will most likely have to wait till next year this time to get a good deal like this with the new versions.
post #1551 of 2849
Done deal. Best buy is picking up the un60es6100 next week and dropping off the un60es7100. My wife said you only live once and couldn't pass up this deal. I personally liked the picture better on the 7100 at the store.
post #1552 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post

Can't really believe there would be too much difference for the new models upcoming to this one. The ES series is the same as last years in my opinion. My co-worker has last years. Gaming is great on this set and at this price, I would bite on it. You will most likely have to wait till next year this time to get a good deal like this with the new versions.


Yah i agree with you a bit on that one but I can probably put up with my D6000 for another year. Who knows. I will think about it tomorrow. I just dont see why i should upgrade if this set still has viewing angle problems and flashlighting like my D6000 does.
post #1553 of 2849
I'm very tempted to get a 60ES7100 now with the price drop but can't quite make up my mind after reading some of the poor reviews. In general, ES7100 gets lower reviews than D6400 in picture quality and other things. Do you guys agree with that? Is the quality of the standard channels on ES7100 really that bad? How does the SD channel quality looks on D6400?

There are still a few D6400s from places like MODIA. I wonder if it's a good idea to get a D6400 or ES7100? Thanks for the help in advance.
post #1554 of 2849
Just bought the 60 inch 7100 at Best Buy on Sunday (decent deal). I'll get it shipped this Saturday. And I'm very excited for this TV. Any advice on calibration, CNET only has the 6500 info posted? Im going to do it myself but I wanted a base to start with.
I will also use an Xbox 360 and PS3 on the TV, any advice on settings with the systems?

Thanks!
post #1555 of 2849
I have recently received my Samsung 60ES7100 and I am worried that this may have a capacitor issue. My sons were complaining that the TV was turning off and quickly turning on by itself which I have proven to be true as I saw it happen 3x tonight. Is there anybody that have the same preblem with their unit or this is just a firmware issue?

Girard
post #1556 of 2849
the quest is whether or not to spend the extra 300 on the 60" versus the 55"? Are the 60" panels different when it comes to pq since i know 60" panels are made by sharp usually.
post #1557 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwolf88 View Post

I'm very tempted to get a 60ES7100 now with the price drop but can't quite make up my mind after reading some of the poor reviews. In general, ES7100 gets lower reviews than D6400 in picture quality and other things. Do you guys agree with that? Is the quality of the standard channels on ES7100 really that bad? How does the SD channel quality looks on D6400?

There are still a few D6400s from places like MODIA. I wonder if it's a good idea to get a D6400 or ES7100? Thanks for the help in advance.

The ES7100 Picture Quality is way better than a D6400.

I had a D6900 and its very simillar to a D6400.

The D6400's 3D is not full HD, the resolution and motion are weak for 2D.

The D6400s are more prone to flashlighting and banding.

The D6400 does have a better darker black level.
post #1558 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongoface View Post

I recently purchased the un60es6100 series. I am debating purchasing the 7100 series. I really do not care that much about 3d. I watch mostly sports and movies. Is there a huge difference in picture quality?

There is a huge difference in motion. I was actually floored by how well hockey looked and moved. Once I saw how hockey looked and the clarity, my mind was made up.
post #1559 of 2849
Looks amazing. 3D is great too!
post #1560 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcontto View Post

That is a great deal! It's the same offer they had towards end of December, except you paid $1,949 and got a $200 Costco card. Same deal!

So if you price match it and now pay the 1,749 and keep the 200 card? That would turn out to be total of 1549, no? I bought mine at hhgregg and got the 200 gift card there also. But if I can get it for the new price and keep the 200gift card that would be great.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread.