or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread. - Page 62

post #1831 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyboy View Post

Mine came with it. Wonder if Samsung was rushing out these sets but ran out of keyboards....weird

The 7150 from Costco should come with wireless keyboard and 4 pair of 3D glasses. The box should clearly say keyboard and glasses included.
post #1832 of 2849
Can someone take a look at their set and see if they can find dead or stuck pixels? I would like to know if this acceptable before exchanging the set. Thank you!
post #1833 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by fujishig View Post

Just got mine (60 inch) from Costco too. No keyboard inside but one of the notes stickered to the tv had instructions to redeem for a free keyboard. Hopefully you didn't throw that away.

Directv looks terrible, going to calibrate now and hopefully fix it.

DirecTV looks great on my TV. I used Nitra's configuration from post 641 with some minor adjustments.

I just checked the packaging again and I did find the instructions for the keyboard redemption. A friend had helped me to unpack the TV and he took off the white cover while I was assembling the stand, so I didn't see it.
Edited by Kablemodem - 2/2/13 at 10:56pm
post #1834 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcontto View Post

Can someone take a look at their set and see if they can find dead or stuck pixels? I would like to know if this acceptable before exchanging the set. Thank you!

What method/input did you use to determine if you have dead pixels?
post #1835 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcontto View Post

Can someone take a look at their set and see if they can find dead or stuck pixels? I would like to know if this acceptable before exchanging the set. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsk116 View Post

What method/input did you use to determine if you have dead pixels?

I have zero stuck or dead pixels. I have returned sets with one dead pixel.

Regular viewing will usually display a problem pixel..solid color backgrounds or an all white one.
post #1836 of 2849
Well they went up about $700 on the very good $1499 sale price, so I guess I won't be getting one anytime soon unless it goes on clearance when the 2013 models begin to appear. The salesman incorrectly told me it would be the same price on Superbowl Sunday as it was on Saturday, and I don't think he will be able to give me that price today despite what he said. I was just not sure about the US02 panel, as tthey had both the 6500 and 6100 with TS02 panels. May consider the 6500, but does the 240hz and higher contrast make the 7100 that much better? In the store, the 6500 actually appeared to have better pic quality, but you can't really tell from their torch mode displays with a mediocre video feed.
post #1837 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsk116 View Post

What method/input did you use to determine if you have dead pixels?

Bsk116, getting any movie with a dark scene, pause and cranck the contrast to push the white brighter. If there any it should be visible.

PiratesCove, thanks for the feedback. Yes I think I will exchange the set considerint I see about 3 dead pixels. I just didn't want to hassle with the exchange but having had the set less than 60 days I should not be seeing any dead pixels.
post #1838 of 2849
So I also updated the Firmware to Ver 1026 after reading several good comments. I had held off in fear of the past experience's with firmware updates that went all bad. BUT... This update went as smooth as it could. No weird after affects. I also followed the suggestion to just reset the picture settings for each preset and all went well. I did notice a small bit of picture quality improvement but I did need to lower the sharpness setting a small amount. My 3D seems better in the 2-3D conversion mode with a slightly crisper picture as well. Thanks to every one who tried this out ahead of me. My over-all colors are brighter and blacks are very black!
post #1839 of 2849
Viewing Angle.

Have the TV for a few days. I returned a Panasonic Plasma b/c of the flickering and rainbow I can see. 7100's picture quality is not as good as the Panasonic plasma but no flickering nor rainbow. I guess I can settle with this set.

The complain is the viewing angle. It's pretty bad. I have another Panasonic LCD TV using IPS panel and the viewing angle is great. The 7100, from 9-10 feet if I go to the left or right edges of the TV, it will wash out. I'm a bit surprised on the bad viewing angle. Any suggestions?
post #1840 of 2849
I updated to 1026 against my gut feeling as 1025 with the Smart Hub update has fixed all issues....but curiosity got the best of me (thought there might be embedded updates for a better picture).

About 7 hours after update, my TV kept displaying a lost network connection (every 2-5 minutes). All other wifi devices (including 3 other AV devices) in my house have not had a problem. I have no idea if this is related to the 1026 update or pure coincidence.

I actually had this issue many months ago after a firmware update (can't remember which version) but a full power reset took care of it. This time I did a full power reset, then the problem remained for about 20 minutes (4-5 more flashes) then has yet to return...so I'm hoping whatever it was has settled down. I guess this was just a reminder to complete a task I wanted to do a few weeks ago - remove the TV from the network.

I'm done with firmware updates unless I have a specific issue that requires the update - or there is an overwhelming agreement (and documented within firmware notes) that it will improve picture quality. I also do not use Smart Hub on the TV for anything as I have better devices for streaming video..

Bottom line - very happy with the set and have no reason to try and fix something that is not broke moving forward. biggrin.gif
post #1841 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by parodielin View Post

Viewing Angle.

Have the TV for a few days. I returned a Panasonic Plasma b/c of the flickering and rainbow I can see. 7100's picture quality is not as good as the Panasonic plasma but no flickering nor rainbow. I guess I can settle with this set.

The complain is the viewing angle. It's pretty bad. I have another Panasonic LCD TV using IPS panel and the viewing angle is great. The 7100, from 9-10 feet if I go to the left or right edges of the TV, it will wash out. I'm a bit surprised on the bad viewing angle. Any suggestions?

Bring your contrast down....that has helped my viewing angle issues within the environment my panel is located. My contrast is around 80 and I'm using some of the black enhancers (don't have the specific settings in front of me) to bring back the black details.
post #1842 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

Well they went up about $700 on the very good $1499 sale price, so I guess I won't be getting one anytime soon unless it goes on clearance when the 2013 models begin to appear. The salesman incorrectly told me it would be the same price on Superbowl Sunday as it was on Saturday, and I don't think he will be able to give me that price today despite what he said. I was just not sure about the US02 panel, as tthey had both the 6500 and 6100 with TS02 panels. May consider the 6500, but does the 240hz and higher contrast make the 7100 that much better? In the store, the 6500 actually appeared to have better pic quality, but you can't really tell from their torch mode displays with a mediocre video feed.

Yes, the 7100 IMO has a better picture quality and is worth the extra few bucks...I'm sure if most of us felt the 6500 was just as good, we would own the 6500. biggrin.gif
post #1843 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcontto View Post

Can someone take a look at their set and see if they can find dead or stuck pixels? I would like to know if this acceptable before exchanging the set. Thank you!

zero dead pixels on my panel (fingers crossed) - inspected before my return period expired. I really do not want to "look" for dead pixels in the future...I'm afraid once i see one, that's all I'll focus on....sometimes ignorance is bliss. smile.gif
post #1844 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAnglum View Post

Yes, the 7100 IMO has a better picture quality and is worth the extra few bucks...I'm sure if most of us felt the 6500 was just as good, we would own the 6500. biggrin.gif
Well up until yesterday there was only a $100 difference between the 6500 and the 7100. But today there is a $500 difference I cannot afford. If I had realized the price was changing the next day, I might have picked one up to try out. But the salesman was incorrect about the price change. Ironically, however, the good sale prices on the 6100 and 6500 have remained the same.
post #1845 of 2849
Do most of the 55" 7100s now have the US02 panel?
post #1846 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

Do most of the 55" 7100s now have the US02 panel?

Yep, I'm almost positive that is the panel mine has (box in attic)....
post #1847 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

I was just not sure about the US02 panel, as tthey had both the 6500 and 6100 with TS02 panels. May consider the 6500, but does the 240hz and higher contrast make the 7100 that much better? In the store, the 6500 actually appeared to have better pic quality, but you can't really tell from their torch mode displays with a mediocre video feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

Do most of the 55" 7100s now have the US02 panel?

I have the US02 panel and its excellent...cloud free, no dead pixels, no flashlighting etc.

The 6500 has issues like not completely resolving fast moving scenes.
post #1848 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

So I also updated the Firmware to Ver 1026 after reading several good comments. I had held off in fear of the past experience's with firmware updates that went all bad. BUT... This update went as smooth as it could. No weird after affects. I also followed the suggestion to just reset the picture settings for each preset and all went well. I did notice a small bit of picture quality improvement but I did need to lower the sharpness setting a small amount. My 3D seems better in the 2-3D conversion mode with a slightly crisper picture as well. Thanks to every one who tried this out ahead of me. My over-all colors are brighter and blacks are very black!

Good to hear...glad it went well.
post #1849 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAnglum View Post

zero dead pixels on my panel (fingers crossed) - inspected before my return period expired. I really do not want to "look" for dead pixels in the future...I'm afraid once i see one, that's all I'll focus on....sometimes ignorance is bliss. smile.gif

+1, Its better to not look for problems.

Most of the time you won't notice an issue unless you are looking for one.
post #1850 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post


I have the US02 panel and its excellent...cloud free, no dead pixels, no flashlighting etc.

The 6500 has issues like not completely resolving fast moving scenes.
Both Best Buy and HHG had US02 panels yesterday. Wish now I had gone ahead and picked one up before price increased $400 today. But salesman misinformed me about price increase, and $1500 is my max budget. Perhaps US02 may be a Samsung panel, but TS02 has been confirmed as a Samsung. But sounds like you got a good panel which is good to hear so I will try US02 if price drops again.
post #1851 of 2849
I've heard 55" sets use Samsung LCD panels....60" and up use Sharp panels. Nothing really to support that claim other than I have seen that posted around AVS....
post #1852 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcontto View Post

The 7150 from Costco should come with wireless keyboard and 4 pair of 3D glasses. The box should clearly say keyboard and glasses included.
Is it only the 7150's from Costco that include the keyboard?
post #1853 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell View Post

Is it only the 7150's from Costco that include the keyboard?

Any 7150 should include the keyboard. That is essentially what distinguishes the 7150 from the other models.
post #1854 of 2849
PiratesCove.... Thanks Alot. Your posts convinced me to go for it... I'm really Glad I did. I also have a USO2 Panel and it is almost Perfect!! I'm about 7 weeks into burn-in and ZERO dead pixels, no clouding and not enough flashlighting to even worry about at all. I love a bright picture so I set my back lite at 14-15 so if there were issues, I would surely see them. The 6500's I returned with the TS02 panels had VERY BAD clouding and flashlighting that did not go away with time or Screen massageing. These series do not use the same panel as the 7100's which are the Ultra Clear panel type. So as another post had asked above, there is NO choice between a 6500 VS a 7100 if cash is not a concern, the 7100 is much better in every way and is worth every penny more. The sale ending on the 7100's was a bummer though!
post #1855 of 2849
So I am trying to understand the Eco Sensor correctly... So obviously you can set the minimum which I currently have at 5. If I have the backlight in picture settings set to 15, is that effectively setting the range of the eco sensor? So the eco sensor can goes as low as 5 and as high as 15 or does the eco sensor not even pay attention to what you have in the picture settings?
post #1856 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsievers View Post

So I am trying to understand the Eco Sensor correctly... So obviously you can set the minimum which I currently have at 5. If I have the backlight in picture settings set to 15, is that effectively setting the range of the eco sensor? So the eco sensor can goes as low as 5 and as high as 15 or does the eco sensor not even pay attention to what you have in the picture settings?

In a bright room the Backlight setting will take effect.

In a dim/dark room the Eco Sensor's Backlight setting will take over.
post #1857 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

Both Best Buy and HHG had US02 panels yesterday. Wish now I had gone ahead and picked one up before price increased $400 today. But salesman misinformed me about price increase, and $1500 is my max budget. Perhaps US02 may be a Samsung panel, but TS02 has been confirmed as a Samsung. But sounds like you got a good panel which is good to hear so I will try US02 if price drops again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh26 View Post

PiratesCove.... Thanks Alot. Your posts convinced me to go for it... I'm really Glad I did. I also have a USO2 Panel and it is almost Perfect!! I'm about 7 weeks into burn-in and ZERO dead pixels, no clouding and not enough flashlighting to even worry about at all. I love a bright picture so I set my back lite at 14-15 so if there were issues, I would surely see them. The 6500's I returned with the TS02 panels had VERY BAD clouding and flashlighting that did not go away with time or Screen massageing. These series do not use the same panel as the 7100's which are the Ultra Clear panel type. So as another post had asked above, there is NO choice between a 6500 VS a 7100 if cash is not a concern, the 7100 is much better in every way and is worth every penny more. The sale ending on the 7100's was a bummer though!

The US02 panel is really solid with excellent performance.

Other than poor off angle-viewing, this panel is ideal.

Too bad people missed the ES7100 sale, it was a really good deal.
post #1858 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesCove View Post


The US02 panel is really solid with excellent performance.

Other than poor off angle-viewing, this panel is ideal.

Too bad people missed the ES7100 sale, it was a really good deal.

Thanks for all your info man.

I love the settings you posted. They are a bit dark and bland for my liking for video games, but for Blu Rays and Netflix it seems to be perfect.

I actually just grabbed a 55ES7100 Open box from Amazon's Warehousedeals for $1050, and also had a $100+ in giftcards so this was a nice grab for me. My TV was manufactured in October 2012, with a US02 panel, and the picture looks phenomenal. A little bit of flash lighting, very minor. 0 Clouding. My Sharp LED 830U? Has terrible clouding so this was a relief.

3D has very minimal cross-talk if any at all. I don't consider myself a "Videophile" but I do like great picture quality. No dead pixels either, my panel is perfect. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find some minor things but after the initial inspection, and checking for dead pixels i'm content. Still playing around with the settings for different inputs but overall completely happy.
post #1859 of 2849
Ok I have a couple of questions, 1. What settings help reduce crosstalk in 3D? It's noticeable in bright images with dark backgrounds I have the 46 inch US02 panel with brightness 12.

2. For American tv's, how can you watch an external 50hz video source natively? I have a sports bluray in 1080i/50 and the only way I've been able to do it is copying the .mts files from the disc into a usb hdd and playing them directly, it works but is far from ideal.
post #1860 of 2849
I'm looking for a good and not so expensive sound bar or theater system for this set. Anyone know of any? Not wanting to spend a whole lot but I'll see.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread.