or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread. - Page 63

post #1861 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post

I'm looking for a good and not so expensive sound bar or theater system for this set. Anyone know of any? Not wanting to spend a whole lot but I'll see.




I have this in a second home and at my GF's house. It also has FM, plus you run your HDMI cables through the receiver that comes with this unit. Has decent power and sounds very good. I paid $300 on sale at Best Buy in December.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+2.1-Ch.+Home+Theater+Soundbar+System+with+Wireless+Subwoofer/1997321.p?id=1218305394012&skuId=1997321&st=sony%20soundbar&cp=1&lp=2

I'm not familiar with this second Sony, but it has good reviews, although less power and no FM receiver, but $100 less then the 550 unit.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+2.1-Channel+Soundbar+with+Wireless+Subwoofer/6694048.p?id=1218782859725&skuId=6694048&st=sony%20soundbar&cp=1&lp=1
post #1862 of 2849
can someone tell me why my 10p white balance would be grayed out? I am not in 3d mode and i am using a tweaked version of the Ticmxman2 settings on post 631. The input source from my samsung cable box over hdmi all content is set to 1080i which is the max time warner puts out.
post #1863 of 2849
10P white bal adjustment is only avalible in Movie Mode. I'm guessing that you are not in Movie mode if it is grayed out. Dynamic, Standard and Natural do not allow the user to change these settings. I wish it was avalible in Standard Mode myself!
post #1864 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAnglum View Post

I updated to 1026 against my gut feeling as 1025 with the Smart Hub update has fixed all issues....but curiosity got the best of me (thought there might be embedded updates for a better picture).

About 7 hours after update, my TV kept displaying a lost network connection (every 2-5 minutes). All other wifi devices (including 3 other AV devices) in my house have not had a problem. I have no idea if this is related to the 1026 update or pure coincidence.

I actually had this issue many months ago after a firmware update (can't remember which version) but a full power reset took care of it. This time I did a full power reset, then the problem remained for about 20 minutes (4-5 more flashes) then has yet to return...so I'm hoping whatever it was has settled down. I guess this was just a reminder to complete a task I wanted to do a few weeks ago - remove the TV from the network.

I'm done with firmware updates unless I have a specific issue that requires the update - or there is an overwhelming agreement (and documented within firmware notes) that it will improve picture quality. I also do not use Smart Hub on the TV for anything as I have better devices for streaming video..

Bottom line - very happy with the set and have no reason to try and fix something that is not broke moving forward. biggrin.gif

Strange my ES7100 started displaying a network lost message every few minutes also! The message disappears after a few seconds. I did not do any firmware updates. I checked my router log and there are is only one connection message for the TV which is normal. I also don't see any other problems on my Wifi network. Wierd ?!
post #1865 of 2849
After updating to f/w 1026 I noticed an odd issue. I took my dog outside during a commercial break and when I came back in my TVs backlight was noticeably darker. I normally operate with backlight at 12. I thought my eyes were deceiving me but magically while I was outside it set itself to a backlight of around 2. Eco settings are all turned off but the 'minimum level' that was greyed out was at 2.

To fix it, I went into picture settings > backlight and noticed that it was still set at 12. I bumped it up to 13 and it was like jumping from 2 -> 13. When I went back down to 12, all was normal.

Long story short: My backlight automatically dimmed very low with all eco-settings off and all menu settings indicated that nothing should have happened.
post #1866 of 2849
My backlight is set to 10 and eco sensor set to 8 so I see little changes.

Daytime looks exceptional and Nightime is good.

I have fw 1026 and the backlight hasn't dimmed greatly.
post #1867 of 2849
Had a few friends over to watch the Super Bowl on the new TV (ES7150 60inch) yesterday. One of their kids thought my TV was a touch screen and poked it once. As you can imagine, I was crying inside - but what can you do - kids have no idea. The kid was 2 years old and touched it once. I saw the color change briefly while he poked it and then it faded away. I didn't see anything different after that. I know that you should never touch/poke the screen...I was wondering if something like this could cause permanent damage even if I don't seen any damage now? I've accidentally poked by laptop's screen a few times and haven't seen any permanent damage - of course, that's a much smaller screen.
post #1868 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by chains007 View Post

Had a few friends over to watch the Super Bowl on the new TV (ES7150 60inch) yesterday. One of their kids thought my TV was a touch screen and poked it once. As you can imagine, I was crying inside - but what can you do - kids have no idea. The kid was 2 years old and touched it once. I saw the color change briefly while he poked it and then it faded away. I didn't see anything different after that. I know that you should never touch/poke the screen...I was wondering if something like this could cause permanent damage even if I don't seen any damage now? I've accidentally poked by laptop's screen a few times and haven't seen any permanent damage - of course, that's a much smaller screen.

It should be okay..as long as the pixels were not affected.

The screen is pretty durable and the metal in the panel is really rigid.
post #1869 of 2849
Just picked up my 55" 7100 on Friday as I had to return a LG 6700 that was continually having the power cycle on and off. Geek Squad finally gave the approval for me to return and exchange it for the Samsung. I am certainly happy the I got it before the $400 price increase this weekend. Out of the box the set has been working great with outstanding color. I have ordered the WOW to help with calibration but so far I really have just done very minor adjustments and set auto motion plus to clear. I have not played xbox yet so I have to see how that goes and see if I need adjustments.
post #1870 of 2849
Hi everyone,
So I got a UN55ES7100 and there is a problem with displaying Arabic subtitles. as the letters appears in mirror mode and separated (Arabic letters are joined) even if the encoding language set to Arabic.
After googling a little bit I found out that the only solution is to change the MENU language to Arabic.
The problem is there is only 3 languages that I can see. English, French, and Spanish ( It's North Amarican model).
Is there anyway to change the firmware to Asian firmware so I can fix this?
Thanks
post #1871 of 2849
relax you should be fine! if it got damaged you should have seen it right after the kid touched it. I bought my 7100 last week and 3 days later my 1 yr old son poked it and same thing happened. it was like like when you touch a laptop screen, the area he touched turned purple and freaked me out but nothing bad happened. No issues. TV dont break just because someone touched the screen.
post #1872 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnculp View Post

Strange my ES7100 started displaying a network lost message every few minutes also! The message disappears after a few seconds. I did not do any firmware updates. I checked my router log and there are is only one connection message for the TV which is normal. I also don't see any other problems on my Wifi network. Wierd ?!
I just picked up the 60 inch 7100 and updated to latest firmware my first night. To everyone having the network connection lost issue, the quick fix is to go into the network settings and manually enter in a DNS server. Personally I used Google's open DNS settings (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4). Everything connects without issue under those settings.
post #1873 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaa999Pa View Post

I have this in a second home and at my GF's house. It also has FM, plus you run your HDMI cables through the receiver that comes with this unit. Has decent power and sounds very good. I paid $300 on sale at Best Buy in December.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+2.1-Ch.+Home+Theater+Soundbar+System+with+Wireless+Subwoofer/1997321.p?id=1218305394012&skuId=1997321&st=sony%20soundbar&cp=1&lp=2

I'm not familiar with this second Sony, but it has good reviews, although less power and no FM receiver, but $100 less then the 550 unit.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+2.1-Channel+Soundbar+with+Wireless+Subwoofer/6694048.p?id=1218782859725&skuId=6694048&st=sony%20soundbar&cp=1&lp=1
Awesome. I will definitely check these out. Thanks for the info. Always good to hear good things about a product from the owner, especially with the same TV.
post #1874 of 2849
Have had the ES7100 for a week now. Replaced a 7 years old plasma that moved to the basement. For some reason picture always seems a bit dark. Even during daytime scenes it looks as if you're looking through sunglasses.
Backlight is high...around 18.
Any idea what I need to do?
post #1875 of 2849
i was adjusting my 2 week old 7100 and noticed clouding on some spots/bright flashlighting on corners whenever the tv turns when navigating into apps for example. My 7100 is set to Movie mode and I had the backlight to 12 and turning it down lower in my case 9 fixed the issue.

Other than that watching movies on this thing is stunning! i have a ripped mp4 file and it still looked great.
post #1876 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkotik View Post

Have had the ES7100 for a week now. Replaced a 7 years old plasma that moved to the basement. For some reason picture always seems a bit dark. Even during daytime scenes it looks as if you're looking through sunglasses.
Backlight is high...around 18.
Any idea what I need to do?

Hmmm! are you watching with the 3d glasses on all the time? just kidding!

Can you give us more info as to what settings you have on the tv?
post #1877 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post

I dont post often but wanted to thank you guys for steering me in the right direction. I absolutely love this tv and the settings recommended in this thread has me on the right track.

20121126_173825.jpg

20121126_174623.jpg

Was wondering which setting did you use? Nitra?
post #1878 of 2849
I have had my 7100 for a while now but yesterday noticed an issue with the remote. It seems to lag every once an a while and when it does, either the TV or the STB light will blink three times before it is ready to be used again. A quick google search provided what I thought would be an easy fix, it said to remove batteries, hold power button for one minute and put batteries back in. The person who suggested it claims that a Samsung rep told them to do this. It did not work. Figured I'd ask here before trying to call samsung and sitting on hold forever. Forgive me if this has been asked and removed elsewhere, I'm new to this forum and just found this thread and figured I'd ask here. Thanks!
post #1879 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris009 View Post

Was wondering which setting did you use? Nitra?

Yes I used Nitras settings. The backlight was to bright for me so I tweaked that. Other than that Ill stick with those settings for now.
post #1880 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post

Awesome. I will definitely check these out. Thanks for the info. Always good to hear good things about a product from the owner, especially with the same TV.

Just to clarify, i don't have the soundbar hooked up to my 7100, i have a full high-end setup for that. My GF's is hooked up to a 4 year old 40" 5 series Samsung, and the other bar is hooked up to a 40" 6000 that we just bought in December. I really think you'll be happy with this soundbar though...just wait until it goes on sale again if you can!
post #1881 of 2849
I have a question about hooking up the optical out from the TV to my AVR (in order to have my AVR output sound from SmartHub apps, etc). Currently my cable box is hooked up to my AVR under the input "CABLE".

Do I need to assign the optical-in on the AVR to a completely separate input or can I also assign it to the same "CABLE" input. If both HDMI and optical-in were assigned to "CABLE", how would the AVR determine where to take the sound from?
post #1882 of 2849
Just tried Nitras settings and I am impressed with the colors. Look to have more reality like a Sony panel.
post #1883 of 2849
Where can I get Nitras settings?
post #1884 of 2849
Your AVR should have an input/source of TV. You would then assign either optical1 or optical2 as the audio source for TV depending upon what optical input you used to plug the optical cable into. Hope this make since. This is how I have my AVR set up to get audio from TV to AVR. Also you would want the TV speakers to external.
post #1885 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by EROracing View Post

Where can I get Nitras settings?

Post 631...waaaaaaay back.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414638/official-samsung-unxxes7100-thread/630#post_22583617
post #1886 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by scJohn View Post

Your AVR should have an input/source of TV. You would then assign either optical1 or optical2 as the audio source for TV depending upon what optical input you used to plug the optical cable into. Hope this make since. This is how I have my AVR set up to get audio from TV to AVR. Also you would want the TV speakers to external.

thanks for the reply. What happens to the HDMI audio that is already coming from my cable box for that input? I just want audio from the optical cable for Smart Hub apps - but audio from the cable box for watching TV. Is that possible?
post #1887 of 2849
Does anyone have an auto-dimming issue when they play games? I'm playing games on my PS3 where scenes often change from super bright to super dark or vice versa. However, during the super dark moments, I noticed that the entire TV dims down, then brightens up again when the scene changes.

I did some Googling and found out that this is a common problem with Samsung TVs (not just this model) but I can't seem to find a workaround. Any ideas?
post #1888 of 2849
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum, but have been scanning the forum for the past few months.

I recently purchased my UN60ES7100 about two weeks ago. Since then, I did a firmware update upon unboxing, and again on JAN 28 2013 to version 1026.1. All is well with 1026.1 and I have seen some improvement in PQ after updating from the previous (out of box) version.

Today I checked to see if a new firmware update was available and to my disbelief, there was!!!!

I updated to 1027 via the TV: Support>Software Update> Online.... I did not think there would be anything available so fast after Samsung just released an update on Jan 28, 2013.

I se significant PQ improvement, and the TV is starting to look better and better. Most likely due to break-in and the help of the firmware.

OK SO NOW THE QUESTION:

I do not see anything about 1027 on Samsung's website.....and I do not see anything about 1027 on this forum? Can somebody try to update and see if your TV acknowledges 1027 is available?

Thanks~hardmtl
post #1889 of 2849
Quote:
Originally Posted by diishen View Post

Does anyone have an auto-dimming issue when they play games? I'm playing games on my PS3 where scenes often change from super bright to super dark or vice versa. However, during the super dark moments, I noticed that the entire TV dims down, then brightens up again when the scene changes.

I did some Googling and found out that this is a common problem with Samsung TVs (not just this model) but I can't seem to find a workaround. Any ideas?

I have the same complaint. It drives me nuts!!! It still does it even in game mode. It is off in movie mode but the picture is not good for comcast and still has lag for games. This issue is enough to where i may return a near perfect tv. I have until feb 25 and i am still deciding.

I have a samsung d series from 2011 that has the shadow detail setting that turns the dimming off in any mode. Not sure why they removed this for the 2012 es series. Its crazy. I think 2012 was a big cost cutting year for all manufactures. All samsungs mid to high end sets had only 3 hdmi inputs. Their 6 series lacked the clear coat screen of 2011 6 series...

I love this set and the pic quality in standard mode but the full screen dimming makes no sense since it supposedly has micro dimming which is supposed to be local dimming. They might as well call it frame dimming like sony did on the hx750. Def not happy!
post #1890 of 2849
BUMP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung UNXXES7100 Thread.