or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › My Xbox Live - Updated on iOS, now available on Android.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Xbox Live - Updated on iOS, now available on Android.

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
FINALLY.

xbl5 (medium).pngxbl3 (medium).png
xbl2 (medium).pngxbl1 (medium).png

Download in the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.xle


photo%20%28Medium%29.PNG

Download on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-xbox-live/id480914036
post #2 of 19
Thread Starter 
sweet... you can even edit your avatar.

xbl6%20%28Medium%29.pngxbl7%20%28Medium%29.png
post #3 of 19
Now to see if they fixed the login problem. The previous version required you to login every time, making more of a pain to open than it was worth.
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Now to see if they fixed the login problem. The previous version required you to login every time, making more of a pain to open than it was worth.

logged in 3 times with no intervention for me on android, the ipad app crashed once but logged in without intervention after opening again.
post #5 of 19
I did a forced shutdown on the iPad version. Loaded it up and it remembered me. I think we finally have a winner here. smile.gif
post #6 of 19
No, I take that back. The remote control functionality came to iPhone but not iPad. iPad is the thing that follows me around at home, not my iPhone.
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
would have been cool to test but i sold my 4S last week.... just have to wait till all these products have "project glass" functionality.
post #8 of 19
tried it with my 4S, took one min to set up, then launched Minecraft from my phone, works great

700
post #9 of 19
One really stupid thing is looks like it doesn't work on Android tablets.

For some reason on my Xoom (running ICS) I can install app but when I launch it I get a message that app won't work well and tells me to use xbox.com... Really annoying but I'm sure they'll fix it eventually.
post #10 of 19
Both my Samsung Galaxy, and my Motorola XT are supposedly incompatible
post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

Both my Samsung Galaxy, and my Motorola XT are supposedly incompatible

which galaxy? i just tested on a Fascinate (galaxy S1) and it worked fine, also (obvious from the screen shots) perfect on my galaxy nexus... also works fine on a buddies skyrocket HD (galaxy s2).
post #12 of 19
sorry should have specified GalaxyTab 10.1 Tablet. 16 gb...
post #13 of 19
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Exibit A as to why iOS is the better choice for a mobile OS.

I dread the days five years from now when iOS has turned to crap without Jobs' influence around to keep it in check. Then all of our mobile operating systems will be garbage, not just most of them.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Exibit A as to why iOS is the better choice for a mobile OS.
I dread the days five years from now when iOS has turned to crap without Jobs' influence around to keep it in check. Then all of our mobile operating systems will be garbage, not just most of them.

It's better because it's on one platform. If they licensed it out to 20 different phone manufacturers it would have just as many problems.
post #15 of 19
Right, but they don't. That's kind of the point. Limiting the number of available devices and making sure that they all run the same current version of the OS greatly helps the developer, which in turn greatly helps the consumer.

Android works well in one instance: Kindle Fire. Of course, that is a device that buries Android as deep down as possible and has built it's ecosystem to closely mimic that of iOS. Everything else Android is half-broken garbage.
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
ipad update now allows "control" of xbox
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames View Post

Right, but they don't. That's kind of the point. Limiting the number of available devices and making sure that they all run the same current version of the OS greatly helps the developer, which in turn greatly helps the consumer.
Android works well in one instance: Kindle Fire. Of course, that is a device that buries Android as deep down as possible and has built it's ecosystem to closely mimic that of iOS. Everything else Android is half-broken garbage.

Wow, you really have no clue what you are talking about. Keep drinking that kool-aid..
post #18 of 19
I'd have a response, buc, but I'm fairly certain that the simple fact that the only problems reported in this thread are all Android related is response enough.
post #19 of 19
So a couple of devices have compatibility issues with a Microsoft app that can easily be resolved and android is half broken garbage?

When was the last time you used android? V1.5?

You can prefer iOS all you want and that is fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But the fact that you make such absurd statements shows you don't have much knowledge of android, especially the most recent revisions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › My Xbox Live - Updated on iOS, now available on Android.