or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch RF-82 Series II vs. KEF iQ90 vs. Wharfedale 10.7
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch RF-82 Series II vs. KEF iQ90 vs. Wharfedale 10.7

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Any input on which would make better floor-standing fronts for a 5.1 / possibly 7.1 system that will be used for 60% gaming / 30% movies / 10% music?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!! I am new to this whole home theater environment and boy is it a lot to take in. Unfortunately I cannot test/audition over 90% of the speakers on my wish list, based on reviews and word of mouth. So I am relying on any input I can get.

Thanks sooo much!!!
post #2 of 15
I think I would take the KEF over the Klipsch, have not heard the Wharfedale speakers.
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint View Post

I think I would take the KEF over the Klipsch, have not heard the Wharfedale speakers.

Thank you for your input!! It is greatly appreciated.
post #4 of 15
You seem to be riding on a merry-go-round. However, I would go with KEF
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post

You seem to be riding on a merry-go-round. However, I would go with KEF

Okay thank you for your input! That's another for KEF.
post #6 of 15
I have a pair of Klipsch RF-82s. I am happy with them. I like them more than the KEF. I find the KEF to be dull sounding. I will be upgrading in the near future, when I do, I am going to the Klipsch RF-7ii.

Most people who give bad reviews on Klipschs give their review based off of the Synergy line, which is the entry level line. The Reference and heritage line sound much much better.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMan1414 View Post

Okay thank you for your input! That's another for KEF.

You still have votes in your other thread - are you keeping up with
all this? Are you going to total all your threads???
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1415381/which-speakers-should-i-purchase
Edited by zieglj01 - 6/13/12 at 10:06pm
post #8 of 15
Klipsch would be better for movie and gaming. The Synergy speakers sound nice, people that have had problems with horn speakers have not set them up properly. Most theater in the USA use Klipsch speakers because of their dynamic range, ability to play louder and easy of driving the speakers. But, you really need to listen for yourself and not purchase speakers off other people preferences. It also depends on the room and other gear, on how well a particular setup work. $10,000 speakers not properly setup will not impress you!
post #9 of 15
For listening to the music, surely that Wharfedale will be the best. Moreover Diamond 10.7 with two separate driver for low band will provide you stronger and solid bass. Klipsch with horn speaker for the high band usually let the treble to be bright to much.In conclusion, I you need a tower pair with nature sound then please go for Wharfedale.
post #10 of 15
Being that the majority of your usage is gaming and movies, I would go with the Klipsch as they are pretty darn good for that type of usage. I personally do not like the lower end KEF stuff, especially if your using them for gaming and movies. You might look around for a used pair of Klipsch RF-83's or RF-63's as either of them will out perform the RF-82's. Good luck on your quest for good speakers!
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

Being that the majority of your usage is gaming and movies, I would go with the Klipsch as they are pretty darn good for that type of usage. I personally do not like the lower end KEF stuff, especially if your using them for gaming and movies. You might look around for a used pair of Klipsch RF-83's or RF-63's as either of them will out perform the RF-82's. Good luck on your quest for good speakers!

I appreciate everyone's input and I must say this has been many days of trying to decide between several speakers but each time I come back to the Klipsch RF-82 II. I have not hear the 82's yet but I did hear some Klipsch at Best Buy, the lower end models, and I thoroughly enjoyed the speakers. I believe I will more than likely be going with the following setup:

Fronts (L/R) Klipsch RF-82 II
Center Klipsch RC-62 II
Rear (L/R) Klipsch RS-52 II

Then I will eventually add another two speakers to create 7.1, later down the road. Regarding the RF-83's, where can I even go to purchase these? Are these an older model because I find little about them and do not even see them on the Klipsch site? I would like to even possibly purchase the RF-7's but it is just too much out of my price range!

Thanks again for everyone's help!!
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMan1414 View Post

I appreciate everyone's input and I must say this has been many days of trying to decide between several speakers but each time I come back to the Klipsch RF-82 II. I have not hear the 82's yet but I did hear some Klipsch at Best Buy, the lower end models, and I thoroughly enjoyed the speakers. I believe I will more than likely be going with the following setup:
Fronts (L/R) Klipsch RF-82 II
Center Klipsch RC-62 II
Rear (L/R) Klipsch RS-52 II
Then I will eventually add another two speakers to create 7.1, later down the road. Regarding the RF-83's, where can I even go to purchase these? Are these an older model because I find little about them and do not even see them on the Klipsch site? I would like to even possibly purchase the RF-7's but it is just too much out of my price range!
Thanks again for everyone's help!!

The RF-83's are a discontinued model from 2006. They used three 8" drivers and a larger 1.25" compression driver. While the 83's were more dynamic when fed more power, I think the RF-82's are a little smoother. Either of them will have more output in most rooms than a listener can use. For your requirements (movies and gaming) the Klipsch would be a good choice. if we can help you, shoot us an email.
Reply
Reply
post #13 of 15
How do you like your setup so far? Coincidentally I just built the same system with the addition of the Klipsch SW-112 subwoofer. Any tips, tricks or recommendations?

Thanks!
post #14 of 15
Honestly you should listen to the speakers before you buy them to make sure that your expectations are met. The klipsch speakers are very edgy and the highs are very forward. I've heard the klipsch on various occasions and when they were setup properly they sounded very good. If you can tame the highs the midbass is impressive and the dynamics are equally impressive. The highs on the kefs are very different so I would listen to them to see which sound signature you prefer.
post #15 of 15
^^^^
It's a dead thread unless the OP answers the question.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Klipsch RF-82 Series II vs. KEF iQ90 vs. Wharfedale 10.7