or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › Where is 'advanced search' Within a thread?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where is 'advanced search' Within a thread?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Where is 'advanced search' Within a thread? Not here or to obvious for me to see?rolleyes.gif
post #2 of 10
There isn't one within a thread, but it's been suggested as a future upgrade.
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1 View Post

Where is 'advanced search' Within a thread? Not here or to obvious for me to see?rolleyes.gif
There isn't any, and according to a least one member of the Huddler team a thread search that actually works will probably not happen anytime soon. Welcome to the new AVS.
post #4 of 10
They take it away & now say it's been suggested as an upgrade.
What am I missing here?
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post

They take it away & now say it's been suggested as an upgrade.
What am I missing here?

An "upgrade"? Where has that been said?
post #6 of 10
Welcome to the new AVS

Personally I preferred the "old" AVS with search capabilities.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick West View Post

Welcome to the new AVS
Personally I preferred the "old" AVS with search capabilities.

I would guess that just about anyone would.

Try Google, put in "avsforum" and what ever thread name and the word you're searching for. It's been found to be far more accurate at drilling right down to where you want to go than the worthless "search" function here.

It's a shame really, this forum has a wealth of information that far surpasses any other site on the Web, but now it's nearly impossible to access that information without using outside search engines. In my opinion that's not by accident either, nobody could be so inept as to take what was here and in turn implement such a faulty, worthless search function, certainly not a company that's business is forum design, no way, it has to have been done on purpose.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View PostTry Google, put in "avsforum" and what ever thread name and the word you're searching for. It's been found to be far more accurate at drilling right down to where you want to go than the worthless "search" function here.

 

Wow, that really works! I tried several Google searches with "avsforum subject X" and that subject appeared as 1st link every time!

post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Wow, that really works! I tried several Google searches with "avsforum subject X" and that subject appeared as 1st link every time!

Yes, thanks to AVS member VisionOn for that tip.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View PostTry Google, put in "avsforum" and what ever thread name and the word you're searching for. It's been found to be far more accurate at drilling right down to where you want to go than the worthless "search" function here.

 

Wow, that really works! I tried several Google searches with "avsforum subject X" and that subject appeared as 1st link every time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Wow, that really works! I tried several Google searches with "avsforum subject X" and that subject appeared as 1st link every time!

Yes, thanks to AVS member VisionOn for that tip.

 

This article says that ~40% of cyberattacks now come from search results, replacing email as the most used by the bad guys.

 

I decided to cool it on recommending it to others not knowing how careful they'll be. In my own searches, I plan to check the websites listed in the text under a search result before clicking and using Google's preview feature to check the ":look," as recommended in the article.


Edited by wajo - 6/19/12 at 5:49pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Forum Operations Center
AVS › AVS Forum › AVS Forum Information › Forum Operations Center › Where is 'advanced search' Within a thread?