Originally Posted by 6athome
I have the LG LV9500,it is the same TV with active 3D,with THX 3D I can tell you it is a killer TV,I just wish these two TV'S could be compared together.Does anyone have both models?
I actually have both models. I can't do any side by side comparisons though but here is my point of view regarding both of the models:Picture quality
- The LV9500 definitely has better black levels. As you probably know, it can get very milky black levels that in a dark room, you cannot see where the bezel is. In comparison, the LM9600 has grayish black levels which makes it very horrid to watch in a dark room.
- There seems to be an issue with shadow detail with the LM9600 that I cannot fix yet with the settings. e.g. When I see a person wearing a dark suit, you cannot distinguish the individual parts of the suit, as the black color meshes all together. The LV9500 had no problem with this.
- Zero blooming with the LM9600. This was a big problem with the LV9500.
- LV9500 on a totally dark screen, was just that - totally black (with LED dimming on). In comparison, my LM9600 has clouding on the upper side of screen and the right and bottom of the screens.Audio quality
- Can't comment as I am using a sound system.3D
- I so far don't notice a big difference in resolution. I am also sitting further back so do not notice the horizontal lines with passive 3d. I definitely do like the more lightweight glasses though!Wifi and Apps
- Both are dual band, and work great.
- Apps are about the same with both. Although the LV9500 had Amazon Video and its missing in the LM9600DLNA/File/Audio Support
- The LM9600 has better DLNA support and a better folder system view. It is an improvement over the LV9500. It looks like the menu system has also been improved. Still, moving around in the menu is much slower than the LV9500 even with it being dual core.
- The LM9600 has DTS support including passthrough! This is a huge difference as the LV9500 would get audio error when playing a file with DTS.
- The LM9600 also has subtitle support. The LV9500 does not.
I think its worth the upgrade if you can sacrifice black levels but get the benefit of passive 3d, DTS support, etc. By the way, it looks like CNET posted a review stating the LM7600 has better picture quality (including black levels) than the LM9600. What's up with that?Edited by vishank - 9/15/12 at 3:42pm