I just installed an attic antenna. Got rid of EPB.Antennas Direct DB8 Multi-Directional Bowtie UHF Antenna with Extreme 70+ Miles Range
It is pointed @ 330 degrees.
I live in East Ridge @ 37412 and our house is on the top of hill close to Missionary Ridge.
I have a the antenna main run of about 30 feet to a Channel Vision Distribution panel:CHANNEL VISION C-0332 1 In / 16 Out Amplified Rf Splitter
- 1 dB signal gain per output
- 1 Ghz broadband amplification
- DC passing
- Bi-Directional: 54 - 10,000MHz forward, 5-42MHz return
I receive the following HD channels without any extra amping or boosting of the lines.
18, 45 , 53, 61
When I add the 12v transformer to power the distribution channels I can get 3 and 12 but the signal strength is still low on 9.
I have 3 cable runs off the distribution panel.
I was thinking of adding the following signal amplifier:
Winegard ANWI8700 Winegard AP Signal Amplifier
High performance, low noise TV antenna preamplifier
Provides gain of 17 dB VHF, 19 dB UHF
Amplifies digital signal for HDTV broadcasts
Built in FM trap to prevent overload from strong local FM stations
Power supply and power injector included
17 dB VHF, 19 dB UHF
Amplifies digital signal
Do you think this will help me with channel 9?
I just discovered the antenna power ratings on AntennaPoint.com.
Channel 9 is signficantly lower that the rest. 10.75Kw
Sign Affiliate RF Channel Virtual Channel Band Power City Distance Heading
Edited by jstubb - 7/19/12 at 9:38am
- WELF-TV TRINITY BROADCASTING NETWORK 16 23.1 UHF 300.0 kW Dalton 9.38 mi 251.65°
- WDEF-TV CBS 12 12.1 VHF 20.27 kW Chattanooga 11.18 mi 330.30°
- WRCB-TV NBC 13 3.1 VHF 34.8 kW Chattanooga 12.55 mi 336.50°
- WTVC ABC 9 9.1 VHF 10.75 kW Chattanooga 12.65 mi 335.77°
- WTCI PBS 29 45.1 UHF 200.0 kW Chattanooga 15.03 mi 347.98°
- WFLI-TV CW 42 53.1 UHF 500.0 kW Cleveland 15.14 mi 348.85°
- WDSI-TV FOX 40 61.1 UHF 84.0 kW Chattanooga 15.14 mi 348.85°
- WNGH-TV PBS 33 18.1 UHF 426.0 kW Chatsworth 33.50 mi 119.97°
- WPXA ION 51 14.1 UHF 1000.0 kW Rome 57.44 mi 144.97°