or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › The Terminator New Release
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Terminator New Release

post #1 of 640
Thread Starter 
500
600

Confirmed by the guy who designed the steelbook to have the new transfer, could contain the new extras finished years ago by Van Ling:

Extras from Columbia house listing
Quote:
The Terminator: A Retrospective, "Other Voices" Documentary with James Cameron Interviews, Deleted Scenes
Missing is the already recorded commentary track. The Uk version of the film is now a 15 rating, so the new extras look to be what has bumped it back up to 18.



This is the first UK HD release of the first movie, the US get a new set:
http://www.columbiahouse.com/pages/nm/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1076275435&ds=8
Details to be updated
post #2 of 640
Excellent news. But will be well done??? I suppose it can't be worse than the current Blu-ray, right?
post #3 of 640
I thought they ran out of money during the new 4k Terminator and T2 restorations (supposedly from the OCN's) and Cameron didn't pony up his own moola to finish it.

How can this be that restoration?
post #4 of 640
It needs the mono track (original soundtrack) or no dice. And not in compressed to crap 192DD either.
post #5 of 640
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

I thought they ran out of money during the new 4k Terminator and T2 restorations (supposedly from the OCN's) and Cameron didn't pony up his own moola to finish it.
How can this be that restoration?

Lowry list it as completed and the extras are 100% finished I think it was the disc authoring and marketing that got in the way
post #6 of 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanddrews View Post

Excellent news. But will be well done??? I suppose it can't be worse than the current Blu-ray, right?

If it is well done I'll be a day one buyer. I have yet to pick up any T1 or T2 blurays.
post #7 of 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

I thought they ran out of money during the new 4k Terminator and T2 restorations (supposedly from the OCN's) and Cameron didn't pony up his own moola to finish it.
How can this be that restoration?
I don't think T2 was ever said to be remastered, was it?
post #8 of 640
Covers = gash.

Why can't we never have the original poster art.

Why can't we have nice things?


mad.gif
post #9 of 640
Going from memory, I thought Cameron was supervising digital restorations for both of his Terminator films.

Van Ling had mentioned something to that effect in the past.

Please just don't f--k this up like the current Sony and Skynet T2 editions with DNR and modern day contrast boosting and orange/teal color timing!!!!
post #10 of 640
Great news!cool.gif
post #11 of 640
Please, please let this have the original sound effects!

I hope this is region free, or gets a single movie release here. I doubt that the T2 included in that set is a new transfer. IF it IS, then I may just go for that one. I'd rather not do that though, cause I already have part 3 and 4 in blu
post #12 of 640
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAwesome View Post

Covers = gash.
Why can't we never have the original poster art.
Why can't we have nice things?
mad.gif


I agree on the steelbook, kinda like the amray tho
post #13 of 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

I agree on the steelbook, kinda like the amray tho

The arms and everything below his chest are so obviously Photoshopped on.
post #14 of 640
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAwesome View Post

The arms and everything below his chest are so obviously Photoshopped on.

They had photoshop in 1984? Or did they use skynet to time travel?

240
post #15 of 640
As always I have a 'believe it when I see it' attitude.
post #16 of 640
Is the UK release region free?
post #17 of 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

They had photoshop in 1984? Or did they use skynet to time travel?
240
LOL! I have an original one sheet poster with that photo on it. Awesome stuff.

Please tell me this isn't a Columbia House exclusive. Are they just listing it first (and perhaps too early)?

If T1 and T2 are properly done with original soundtracks intact, I'm all over this set. Heck, I might even join Columbia House if necessary. eek.gif
post #18 of 640
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie E View Post

LOL! I have an original one sheet poster with that photo on it. Awesome stuff.
Please tell me this isn't a Columbia House exclusive. Are they just listing it first (and perhaps too early)?
If T1 and T2 are properly done with original soundtracks intact, I'm all over this set. Heck, I might even join Columbia House if necessary. eek.gif

T2 will never get the original CDS mix due to everyone loving Gary beyond reason
post #19 of 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

They had photoshop in 1984? Or did they use skynet to time travel?
240

That looks much better than the altered version on the Blu-ray.

But this is how The Terminator should look:

336
post #20 of 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

Please just don't f--k this up like the current Sony and Skynet T2 editions with DNR and modern day contrast boosting and orange/teal color timing!!!!

The teal/orange color timing is a given. Cameron has been actively teal-ifying all of his old movies.
post #21 of 640
Titanic re-release wasn't tealed.
post #22 of 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

The teal/orange color timing is a given. Cameron has been actively teal-ifying all of his old movies.

We need to develop a pair of teal and orange filtering viewing glasses (for that Olde-Timey effect!). Look- all of our Blu-ray discs are watchable now!
post #23 of 640
Yeah, one color for each eye. That would be awesome!
post #24 of 640
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAwesome View Post

Titanic re-release wasn't tealed.

Yes twas, just not to aliens levels
post #25 of 640
As much as I'd prefer the original art, I think the new cover art is still pretty good.

I'll be interested to see the screen caps for this one, and I really hope we get the original sound effects.
post #26 of 640
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAwesome View Post

That looks much better than the altered version on the Blu-ray.
But this is how The Terminator should look:
336


Its the exact same image (or the next on the roll) just recoloured with some bad comping on the uzi
post #27 of 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

The teal/orange color timing is a given. Cameron has been actively teal-ifying all of his old movies.
That's based on a sample of... one?
post #28 of 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42041 View Post

That's based on a sample of... one?
Heh. Aside from Aliens and the already-tealed Titanic we've seen squat on the new transfer front re: Terminator, T2, Abyss and True Lies. I don't doubt that they'll be tealed-up to the nines, though. biggrin.gif

Devil's advocate time: Terminator carries the mono track but has been tealified. Sale or no sale? Me, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
post #29 of 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator View Post

We need to develop a pair of teal and orange filtering viewing glasses (for that Olde-Timey effect!). Look- all of our Blu-ray discs are watchable now!

If only it were that simple. Me I am hoping for the day LUT is supported in whatever future format.
post #30 of 640
Thread Starter 
Mgm when left well alone can be excellent with cat titles but with Cameron and Lowry Involved.......? M
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › The Terminator New Release