I'm interested in some bookshelf speakers as left and right, but am concerned about my kid knocking them over onto himself. How have you guys kid-proofed your speakers to minimize this possibility? Some potential solutions I've found:
1) Get tower speakers. Unfortunately, I really haven't found many towers I like, so I'm really trying to make the bookshelf speakers work.
2) Wall mount the speakers. Don't really like this solution as I'll have to drill holes in the speaker box, it has low WAF, and kids can still hang from them.
3) Buy speaker stands that can be filled with sand/shot to make them bottom heavy, then secure the speaker with Blu-tack to the stand. Being I've never used Blu-tack, how well does it secure the speaker to the stand? Can a kid still knock the speaker off the stand? I'm sure they can with enough force, but hopefully it'll minimize the possiblity
4) Discipline (ie: Kid, stay the *%$ off my speakers! (well, not in those words... )
5) Putting a kid gate around all my home theater equipment when not in use. Seems like they'll just learn to get around it when they are 3 years old...
Anyone else have good solutions that worked for them?