or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Onkyo TX-NR818 $949.88
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Onkyo TX-NR818 $949.88 - Page 6

post #151 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121 View Post

One call is not offereing that deal for 799 anymore
I just got mine after calling One Call 2 days ago for $850. No tax and free shipping.
post #152 of 539
With Labor Day weekend here we might see some deals. I just got quoted 865.00 from OneCall, but I am waiting for it to go under 800.00
post #153 of 539
Well, I'm interested in seeing the best deal to be had too, as I have been watching this one for three weeks now, looking for a deal, I never thought I'd never stray away from Yamaha, as I have owned 4 or 5 over 20 years, and not one unit ever failed, or ever gave me a single hick-up, still using one today, but from reading what this model is capable of, I thought I'd give the 818 a try out.
Thx for sharing any info on finding a deal!
post #154 of 539
Who is selling it for 699.00 ? I cant find it.
post #155 of 539
He lying, no one will sell it for 699, maybe on black Friday but not now
post #156 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post

Found a place selling the 818 for $699 and they're an authorized dealer too.

Why are you posting here with a mis-leading post? I'm getting tired of t those that are posting here with posts like this, they come here and post info that is worthless, and mis-leading with-out some facts.

This thread's purpose is to help those looking for a deal, please post factual info or your post will be treated otherwise.

Example: Frys is selling the Onkyo 3009 for $999, but it's an in-store purchase only, and if live close to a Frys.
post #157 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANS1 View Post

Who is selling it for 699.00 ? I cant find it.


Sent you all the info. Let me know how everything works out for you.





Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post

He lying, no one will sell it for 699, maybe on black Friday but not now


well since I'm lying no need to send you the link.rolleyes.gif
Edited by leroyjr1 - 8/31/12 at 6:29am
post #158 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterChad View Post

Why are you posting here with a mis-leading post? I'm getting tired of t those that are posting here with posts like this, they come here and post info that is worthless, and mis-leading with-out some facts.
This thread's purpose is to help those looking for a deal, please post factual info or your post will be treated otherwise.
Example: Frys is selling the Onkyo 3009 for $999, but it's an in-store purchase only, and if live close to a Frys.

Posted last night from my I-Phone and couldn't post the link. If I would've know folks would have such attitudes I wouldn't even have bothered so I'll just erase it.
post #159 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post

Posted last night from my I-Phone and couldn't post the link. If I would've know folks would have such attitudes I wouldn't even have bothered so I'll just erase it.

You are missing the point. In order to help people you need to post a link or name/contact info of the deal. It is obviously not helpful without the info that others can use. If you have helpful info, that is more than welcome.
post #160 of 539
Not missing the point. Tried to post it from my iphone but it wouldn't work. So I went to bed and was going to post it from my computer in the morning. There's no need for someone to jump to conclusions, get an attitude and say I'm a lie. If that was someone else posting it I would've just sent them a PM asking for the info. Titans1 has the info for the deal so if he posts it fine if not oh well I'm done.
Edited by leroyjr1 - 8/31/12 at 8:08am
post #161 of 539
No attitude here at all ( sorry if it was taken that way ), I was stating to " Please post some info ", with a link or the website for someone to go and check it out, just like my previous post, I stated anyone could pick-up a Onkyo 3009 at Frys, and I included a link, and plenty of info for people to check it out, That's all I was kindly asking.
post #162 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post

Not missing the point. Tried to post it from my iphone but it wouldn't work. So I went to bed and was going to post it from my computer in the morning. There's no need for someone to jump to conclusions, get an attitude and say I'm a lie. If that was someone else posting it I would've just sent them a PM asking for the info. Titans1 has the info for the deal so if he posts it fine if not oh well I'm done.

And 5 posts later there is still no link.
post #163 of 539
Considering the refurbs are going for $729, no wonder no one beleives this guy. All he has to do is post the link and tell everyone to STFU......however he hasn't, so I call BS.
post #164 of 539
And I will not be posting the link any longer. Hence the deletion of the post. No BS I sent the link to titans1, thats it. As stated before I'm done. If he chooses to pass it on so be it. Contact him if you call BS.

Just don't get some of you guys. Instead of being polite and saying " hey you forgot the link" or can you post the link please" I wake you to " he's a Lier and all this other crap. Very classy.

Just remember you show respect and you get it back in return. It works that way in the real world too.
Edited by leroyjr1 - 8/31/12 at 12:15pm
post #165 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post

And I will not be posting any longer. Hence the deletion of the post. No BS I sent the link to titans1, thats it. As stated before I'm done. If he chooses to pass it on so be it. Contact him if you call BS

You remind me this boy when I was 10 that wouldn't tell the other kids where he found the new flavor of bubblicious.

a) grow some thicker skin if you wanna enjoy online forums
b) post link
c) receive gratitude and feel good about helping your fellow enthusiasts
post #166 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstew100 View Post

You remind me this boy when I was 10 that wouldn't tell the other kids where he found the new flavor of bubblicious.
a) grow some thicker skin if you wanna enjoy online forums
b) post link
c) receive gratitude and feel good about helping your fellow enthusiasts

Agreed. Whether you were slighted or not, no reason to punish the rest of the community. Thanks in advance if you have a legitimate offer from an authorized dealer and follow through with an actual link.
post #167 of 539
:eek:What happened around here. Ok leroyjr did do me a solid he sent me the link when he got to work. Timing is everything and comcast was here installing phone and internet (just finished actually). Here is the link http://cgi.videogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?rcvr71ch&1345313487. I tried quickly to check out the deal but i'm just out of time gtg to work. Seems to me leroyjr deserves apology but i dont get caught up in the forum drama. I will keep searching later hopefully the deal is there.
post #168 of 539
The problem with videogon is that its basically an auction site and none of those guys are authorized dealers. Plus tons of scammers prey on people on those sites. He's advertsising for $700 plus shipping plus credit card fees. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get it from onecall which comes with a full warranty and peace of mind. Again, all he had to do was post the link, but he didn't because it was from videogon. Buyer beware.

And no, he doesn't deserve an apology.
post #169 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by slivoman View Post

The problem with videogon is that its basically an auction site and none of those guys are authorized dealers. Plus tons of scammers prey on people on those sites. He's advertsising for $700 plus shipping plus credit card fees. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get it from onecall which comes with a full warranty and peace of mind. Again, all he had to do was post the link, but he didn't because it was from videogon. Buyer beware.
And no, he doesn't deserve an apology.


Buyer beware? Not an authorized dealer? Do you always talk out your ass or do you ever put any thought into it. This is a HIFI shop that I've visited and bought items from over the past couple years. This isn't your typical best buy store these folks deal with a lot of your higher end gear. I've walked in there and listened to $50k+ systems. So just don't assume because you don't know. Just like many other HIFI shops they also sell on the web because there's not a lot of demand for that kind of high end gear. Most folks like myself look for deals and can't afford $100,000 systems.

Hope that clears up the scammer part for you. Try giving them a call and get the business name so you can see for yourself.
post #170 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivoman View Post

The problem with videogon is that its basically an auction site and none of those guys are authorized dealers. Plus tons of scammers prey on people on those sites. He's advertsising for $700 plus shipping plus credit card fees. I'd rather pay a few bucks more and get it from onecall which comes with a full warranty and peace of mind. Again, all he had to do was post the link, but he didn't because it was from videogon. Buyer beware.
And no, he doesn't deserve an apology.


Buyer beware? Not an authorized dealer? Do you always talk out your ass or do you ever put any thought into it. This is a HIFI shop that I've visited and bought items from over the past couple years. This isn't your typical best buy store these folks deal with a lot of your higher end gear. I've walked in there and listened to $50k+ systems. So just don't assume because you don't know. Just like many other HIFI shops they also sell on the web because there's not a lot of demand for that kind of high end gear. Most folks like myself look for deals and can't afford $100,000 systems.

Hope that clears up the scammer part for you. Try giving them a call and get the business name so you can see for yourself.

Proof of purchase/scam or it didn't happen. Lol.

butter and jelly please.
post #171 of 539
It is possible that this is a listing from Lynn's Audio Video, in Logan, Utah. I clicked the authorized dealer tab on Onkyo's website and input the zip listed in the Audiogon ad.
post #172 of 539
OK, enough going back and forth, leroyjr1 provided info on where he found a possible deal, if people want to look into that possibility, then go for it, if not, the let's look for some new possible deals.....

Yes, Lynn's Audio Video in Utah does come up at Onkyo's dealer listing: but if you buy online from them, make sure you understand your warranty on internet sales....



But the same people are listing a Klipsch THX Ultra2 system for half price, that's been listed for 327 days, viewed over 1500+ times, and not sold for half price, so go figure that one out, almost a year, and not sold....


Let's please look for possible deals that can be found from regular online retailers, Amazon, Newegg, Onecall, JR, Vanns, etc etc.

It's got to be getting close for some late night e-mails going out tonight for tomorrows Labor Day sales! Cross our fingers cause I really need a new receiver right now.....biggrin.gif:D
Edited by TheaterChad - 9/2/12 at 7:17pm
post #173 of 539
agree hopefully deals start tonight im ready to order
post #174 of 539
Man talk about a real dissipointment, everything is on sale BUT the 818!!! mad.gif

What the heck is going on? Talk about trying to get sales, and nothing probably until black friday.....
post #175 of 539
Anyone see anything yet guys?
post #176 of 539
All of the Fry's $999 NR3009s in Phoenix are gone. AMZ has the NR717 for $549 http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR717-7-2-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B007JOO4YS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1346943399&sr=1-1&keywords=nr717 Onkyo must really be putting the screws to the resellers over MSRP on the NR818.
post #177 of 539
I just called Onecall. The phone price for the NR818 was $999 and $1319 for the NR3009 (same as the website). I told them I was on the fence over the $549 NR717 from AMZ or the NR818. The sales rep asked what price I was looking for and I said "$900". I was "put on hold to ask the supervisor" and they agreed to $900 w/ free shipping; so I pulled the trigger (my NR901 just died so I can't wait). Yes, I'm a crappy haggler but it only took a few minutes on hold to cut the price down $300 from MSRP.
post #178 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma512 View Post

I just called Onecall. The phone price for the NR818 was $999 and $1319 for the NR3009 (same as the website). I told them I was on the fence over the $549 NR717 from AMZ or the NR818. The sales rep asked what price I was looking for and I said "$900". I was "put on hold to ask the supervisor" and they agreed to $900 w/ free shipping; so I pulled the trigger (my NR901 just died so I can't wait). Yes, I'm a crappy haggler but it only took a few minutes on hold to cut the price down $300 from MSRP.

The 3009 for 900 shipped, thats a good deal, enjoy, onkyo always sound better with big full range speakers...

If you can't get the deal you want, just call the next day and then the next day till you get what you want, timing is everything and different sales people is the winning mix..
Edited by joehonest - 9/6/12 at 2:45pm
post #179 of 539
That was $900 for the NR818; which was stupidly my first offer. I should have started at $800 but I was in a hurry to leave for work.
post #180 of 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma512 View Post

That was $900 for the NR818; which was stupidly my first offer. I should have started at $800 but I was in a hurry to leave for work.

Its still a good deal, whats a few bucks, as long as your happy...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Great Found Deals
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Onkyo TX-NR818 $949.88