or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread - Page 5

post #121 of 783
I have a VSX-1122 on order and am trying to figure the best way to get the HDMI out from it into my aging, component video input only, Panasonic TH-50PHD5 monitor. I see lot's of bad reviews of the $40 range converters and was hoping someone might have some advice on a better solution.

Thanks,

Carl
post #122 of 783
I have a Philips 30PW850H with component only. I use an HDFury2, and for the most part it works very well. I've had some HDMI compatibility issues with one of my components (a Key Digital VPHD2 video processor), but everything else has worked flawlessly with it.

it's expensive, but worth it.
post #123 of 783
Good to know, thanks for the info.

Carl
post #124 of 783
My 1122 loses sound while I am watching TV and I've noticed as this happens the red light for ipad/ipod blinks. Turning ONLY the 1122 off then back on resolves this problem but only until the TV is on at another time, and this happens once every 3 hrs or so. I've had this 1122 since May '12 and this problem started early in Dec. '12 with the same connections. The 1122 is connected via HDMI to my 2010 Samsung 55" UN55C6400 ( no ARC) and an optical cable back to the 1122. I havn't done anything to resolve this yet.....any ideas?
Edited by beerhunt - 1/4/13 at 2:28am
post #125 of 783
Anyone know of a solution to get Sirius Canada instead of Sirius US? called Pioneer Canada support, they told me they think someone found a solution but that person wasn't in today - suggested trying the Pandora firmware update but said he didn't know if that would help or not.

somehow the receiver needs to know to go to siriusxm.ca instead of siriusxm.com

thoughts?
post #126 of 783
Receiver ordered. I got it from Amazon for what seems like a good deal. It is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Sometimes their deliveries come in a day early. I hope that's the case, but I don't want to get my hopes up, and I'll expect it in, closer to Friday.

The waiting is the hardest part.
post #127 of 783
hi guys,

i would like to know whether you would suggest this avr over yamaha 773 and denon 2313 or not. i am going to use it mostly for movies with monitor audio speakers.

thanks
post #128 of 783
I'm still having connection problems. Updated latest firmware via net and update Pandora via USB. All was well using Icontrolav2012 for week or so. Today get the dreaded error B27102 - cannot find device. Pioneer said I should restart my Ipad - didn't work. So unplug receiver,wait 60 seconds, plug back in and Icontrolav recognizes receiver and back in business. Anybody have this PITA problem ??
post #129 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchiseBlade View Post

...
I had an Onkyo that had some of the known issues happen to me as far as switching to the different HDMI inputs. That was my first ever home entertainment system.
I can't take it anymore and need a new receiver.
This vsx-1122-k is my second ht. I endured hdmi handshake problem (keep switching to other resolutions, no 12 bits deep color, no 24p mode, occasional green garbage artifacts playback) for more than 2 years with my first (Onkyo TX-NR807) and I blamed wdtv/wdlxtv firmware before the Onkyo gave up with bad hdmi board, grrr... countless days of changing wdlxtv firmware, switching hdmi cables.
Luckily, I had extended warranty and got this Pioneer, a whole new level of htpc experience smile.gif
post #130 of 783
Quote:
....My 1122 loses sound while I am watching TV and I've noticed as this happens the red light for ipad/ipod blinks....

Just a guess, but is it networked, and is someone using an ipad or iphone in the house when this happens? If so, I think I read in the manual that it will attempt to switch sources a that point....just an idea...
post #131 of 783
Are you sure that it is the I Pod/I Pad light. The HDMI light is right next to it. The HDMI lights red when its made a conection with a device. The HDMI light flashes red when its attempting to conect to a device.
post #132 of 783
@ Quill...no it isn't networked, nor is there any apple product in my home!
post #133 of 783
@ LNEWoLF...I am not positive that it is NOT the HDMI light....but i will have to wait until the TV is on to determine that! Thanks to you and Quill for replying! I'll keep you posted
post #134 of 783
Hey guys,

I just ordered the VSX-1122 and expect it Tuesday. I guess I'll pull up a chair...
post #135 of 783
I was thinking in ordering tbe 1122 but I decided to step up to 1222. I hope tbe 1222 has different hdmi boards! I would like to know that. Any one knows if 1222 is more reliable than 1122!? Thanks.
post #136 of 783
Just got mine last week. I will hopefully have it partially set up tomorrow.
post #137 of 783
Does anyone know how to set volume controls for each individual input? For example, when I use the receiver while watching TV, i usually have the volume set to -30 dB. When I switch to AirPlay, I sometimes forget that the volume was set to -30 dB and the music blasts REALLY loud. It is loud enough to distort the sound from the speakers. Is there a way to have it set so that when I switch to AirPlay, it starts at, say -50dB? I couldn't find it anywhere in the manual - just how to set volume levels for power on and off.
Edited by y2nicco - 1/5/13 at 1:42pm
post #138 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijaune View Post

This vsx-1122-k is my second ht. I endured hdmi handshake problem (keep switching to other resolutions, no 12 bits deep color, no 24p mode, occasional green garbage artifacts playback) for more than 2 years with my first (Onkyo TX-NR807) and I blamed wdtv/wdlxtv firmware before the Onkyo gave up with bad hdmi board, grrr... countless days of changing wdlxtv firmware, switching hdmi cables.
Luckily, I had extended warranty and got this Pioneer, a whole new level of htpc experience smile.gif
Excellent. Glad to know the problem I had with my Onkyo can be solved with this new receiver.
post #139 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2nicco View Post

Does anyone know how to set volume controls for each individual input? For example, when I use the receiver while watching TV, i usually have the volume set to -30 dB. When I switch to AirPlay, I sometimes forget that the volume was set to -30 dB and the music blasts REALLY loud. It is loud enough to distort the sound from the speakers. Is there a way to have it set so that when I switch to AirPlay, it starts at, say -50dB? I couldn't find it anywhere in the manual - just how to set volume levels for power on and off.

sorry, I don't know, but perhaps the best interim solution would be to reduce the volume on your iOS device before initiating Airplay.
post #140 of 783
Hi guys

I need some help. I've been toying with the idea of possibly upgrading my current Pioneer VSX-1018-AH-K receiver.
I want to take advantage of 3D and could definitely use the extra HDMI along with the latest network gadgets etc...

I've always liked the Pioneer sound, used to own a 1015TX before the 1018-AH-K. Since I want to stay in the Pioneer family, the models i'm considering so far are the VSX-1122 and Elite Model SC-61.
There's a pretty good deal on the VSX-1122 at my local dealer, but I'm wondering if the SC-61 is really worth it with the D3 Amplifier ? The SC-61 is almost 3 times the price of the VSX-1122 here and from what I can tell, feature wise, both are the same. Elite does have more legacy connections, which I don't need. So it all seems to come down to the amplifier and the nicer build, longer warranties. Are those really worth paying 3 times as much as the VSX-1122? My guts tells me no, but if some of you have an opinion on that, i'd love to hear it.

Receiver is paired with a 5.1 system in a 12X12 room.

My 3rd option is just waiting out to see what Pioneer releases this spring, but I doubt we'll see much improvement over the current models?

Thanks guys
post #141 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF_85 View Post

Hi guys
I need some help. I've been toying with the idea of possibly upgrading my current Pioneer VSX-1018-AH-K receiver.
I want to take advantage of 3D and could definitely use the extra HDMI along with the latest network gadgets etc...
I've always liked the Pioneer sound, used to own a 1015TX before the 1018-AH-K. Since I want to stay in the Pioneer family, the models i'm considering so far are the VSX-1122 and Elite Model SC-61.
There's a pretty good deal on the VSX-1122 at my local dealer, but I'm wondering if the SC-61 is really worth it with the D3 Amplifier ? The SC-61 is almost 3 times the price of the VSX-1122 here and from what I can tell, feature wise, both are the same. Elite does have more legacy connections, which I don't need. So it all seems to come down to the amplifier and the nicer build, longer warranties. Are those really worth paying 3 times as much as the VSX-1122? My guts tells me no, but if some of you have an opinion on that, i'd love to hear it.
Receiver is paired with a 5.1 system in a 12X12 room.
My 3rd option is just waiting out to see what Pioneer releases this spring, but I doubt we'll see much improvement over the current models?
Thanks guys
3 times the amount for the D3? I guess it depends on how important it is to you. To me the sound will still be good without it, and for me personally it wouldn't be worth the extra money for the SC-61
post #142 of 783
Actually the sc1222 is the closest match to sc61; not the 1122. But right now newegg has a nice deal with the 1222 for $599.

Paying 3 times the price of the 1122 maybe is not too important between 1122 and sc61. I auditioned the 1021 and it was very impressive. Im an owner of a denon 3311 and had a marantz sr6003,in the past and if i compare the audio quality between a $1,200 receiver vs a $400 receiver; the pioneer has nothing to envy to those beast avrs. But if you really want a cleaner output and all channels driven then reconsider in getting at least the 1222 and you dont have to spend too much. I believe 1122 is around $359, and 1222 $599 in which it has D3 amps too and more preouts and connections.
Edited by javygonx - 1/5/13 at 11:47pm
post #143 of 783
Hi All,

I just got a Pioneer VSX-1122-k and am having some connection problems. I have a DirecTV HR34 receiver and a Panasonic TH-46PZ85U plasma screen. When I connect the HR34 to the TV it has no issues using HDMI, image is great even at 1080p. However, when I hook up the Pioneer to the TV using the same cable I don't get a stable image, usually just grey noise, sometimes I can see part of the receiver menu through a green haze for a few seconds. I tried a different TV (30" LG LCD) which gave a good image of the menu with the same HDMI cable. It looks like both the TV and the receiver are working correctly, just not when connected to each other.

Anyone have any idea about this? I purchased this receiver to replace a Yamaha that did not have HDMI, the HDMI in and out was the major selling point.

Thanks,

F.
Edited by FrankNL - 1/5/13 at 11:22pm
post #144 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by javygonx View Post

Actually the sc1222 is the closest match to sc61; not the 1122. But right now newegg has a nice deal with the 1222 for $599.
Paying 3 times the price of the 1122 maybe is not too important between 1122 and sc61. I auditioned the 1021 and it was very impressive. Im an owner of a denon 3311 and had a marantz sr6003,in the past and if i compare the audio quality between a $1,200 receiver vs a $400 receiver; the pioneer has nothing to envy to those beast avrs. But if you really want a cleaner output and all channels driven then reconsider in getting at least the 1222 and you dont have to spend too much. I believe 1122 is around $359, and 1222 $599 in which it has D3 amps too and more preouts and connections.

Well here in Canada, prices are quite different. The 1122 usually goes for 700, it's been discounted to 500. The SC-61 goes for 1400$. I don't think we have the 1222 in Canada.
post #145 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1968 View Post

sorry, I don't know, but perhaps the best interim solution would be to reduce the volume on your iOS device before initiating Airplay.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried that and adjusting the volume on the device does nothing to the volume being output through the receiver. Only adjusting the receiver volume can lower or adjust it. I know that if I can remember to lower the volume before switching, it will be okay... but thats not always going to happen!
Edited by y2nicco - 1/6/13 at 1:29pm
post #146 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2nicco View Post

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried that and adjusting the volume on the device does nothing to the volume being output through the receiver. Only adjusting the receiver volume can lower or adjust it. I know that if I can remember to lower the volume before switching, it will be okay... but thats not always going to happen!

Sorry that didn't work for you, perhaps it works for me because I use an AppleTv for my Airplay content, (much nicer interface). I didn't realise it wouldn't work on the receiver, kind of strange that one.
post #147 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNL View Post

Hi All,
I just got a Pioneer VSX-1122-k and am having some connection problems. I have a DirecTV HR34 receiver and a Panasonic TH-46PZ85U plasma screen. When I connect the HR34 to the TV it has no issues using HDMI, image is great even at 1080p. However, when I hook up the Pioneer to the TV using the same cable I don't get a stable image, usually just grey noise, sometimes I can see part of the receiver menu through a green haze for a few seconds. I tried a different TV (30" LG LCD) which gave a good image of the menu with the same HDMI cable. It looks like both the TV and the receiver are working correctly, just not when connected to each other.
Anyone have any idea about this? I purchased this receiver to replace a Yamaha that did not have HDMI, the HDMI in and out was the major selling point.

Strangest thing, I undid all HDMI cables, and reseated them. Then turned off the Video upscaling. Got the menu on the Panasonic screen, which I did not get before. Turned upscaling back on - menu remained visible. eek.gif Strange. For now I am going with a HDMI cable that was not seated properly, although I removed and re-inserted that cable (and others) several times when swapping between the two displays.

Anyway, issue is solved for now.

As a note, I like the sound of this Amp way better than my previous Yamaha RX-V750 in surround sound. I have a 6.1 Orb Mod 2 system with a Hsu VTF-2 MK4 sub. The Yamaha always sounded muddled, with the voices being hard to hear sometimes. With the Pioneer, voices are far clearer. Also, the sub seems to blend in better with the Orbs (Both systems correctly set the crossover to 150 Hz after the auto-calibration) - with the Yamaha I could localize it more than with the Pioneer. Not to knock the Yamaha, it was especially good in stereo and it is going to play in Pure-Direct with two B&W speakers in another room.
post #148 of 783
I have Apple TV too - I guess I will keep to using that. Not sure why I even bothered with the AirPlay on the receiver to begin with... its choppy and temperamental. I suppose I just wanted to figure it out because its a feature of the receiver :P Silly me.... Pioneer: 1... Me: 0.

Did you get your receiver set up yet?
post #149 of 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2nicco View Post

I have Apple TV too - I guess I will keep to using that. Not sure why I even bothered with the AirPlay on the receiver to begin with... its choppy and temperamental. I suppose I just wanted to figure it out because its a feature of the receiver :P Silly me.... Pioneer: 1... Me: 0.
Did you get your receiver set up yet?

Me too, while I really love Airplay, and am thrilled Pioneer have implemented the technology, I was really underwhelmed by the Pioneer Airplay experience. Compared to the Apple TV, it looks really, really basic. While I know it will never happen, it would be great if Pioneer and Apple did a deal to get the Apple TV incorporated into the receiver, and did awaywith all of the old legacy connections.
I have set up the amp, with the Bose Accoustimas 10, but haven't played it much yet. You could say the WAF (or wife acceptance factor) has been very negative, and I need to wait a while for the situation to cool down. She wasn't thrilled to come home home to find I had placed speakers on the walls and there was a large white box sitting on the floor of our Kitchen/Living/Dining room ( I should add, we are experiencing a heatwave in Perth at the moment).
I have the receiver in a storage room under the stairs (with the AppleTv and other bits), and I need to get the Harmony 900 RF set up and working so that I'm not the only one who knows how to play music or watch Tv in the house.
post #150 of 783
have anyone here experienced their vsx 1122 resetting on its own, it happened to me twice already:mad:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › "OFFICIAL" Pioneer VSX-1122-k Owners Thread